Search results

1. Victor

Any Thoughts On Sooloos

For the last few years I've read that the Sooloos has the best user interface on the market. I always wanted a Sooloos but the price was just too high, I keep waiting for other companies to improve their user interface to Sooloos level. I've tried a few servers lately and I'm disappointed with...
  2. Victor

Shuguang Treasure KT88s In McIntosh MC75s

I took Rachel and Ian up on their offer for discounted Shuguang Treasure tubes, as promised I'm posting this thread to discuss my experience with the tubes. I received 4 Shuguang Treasure KT88 Grade A tubes 3 days ago. The tubes came in a nice heavy cardboard box that (most importantly) is...
  3. Victor

AK Database Is Growing

In case anyone missed it, the new AK database for manuals/brochures/info is growing fast http://akdatabase.com/AKview/ I wanted to make sure and let everyone know about this and ask for your help in expanding the database. If anyone has any manuals/brochures or other info and would like to...
  4. Victor

MR71 with new C22

One of my friends just bought a MR88 to replace his MR71. He was kind enough to let me borrow his MR71. It's fun to see how equipment over 40 years apart sounds (and looks) together. I had to take a few pics to show off here. It has been a while since I have had a tuner in my system, the MR71...
  5. Victor

McIntosh section up in AK database.

In case anyone missed the announcement in the AK News forum, I wanted to make sure and let everyone know about this. There is a new section in the Audiokarma Database for McIntosh info including owners manuals, service manuals, schematics. brochures and more. Here is the link...
  6. Victor

Victor says goodbye as moderator.

After being the McIntosh forum moderator for a little over a year I have decided it's time for me to step down. :wave: I will still be here as a member enjoying the best audio forum on the net. :yes: I would like to take this opportunity to say goodbye as moderator and to thank everyone for...
  7. Victor

The McPub is open.

If you have not already seen it, there is a new forum at the left side of the page at the top of the thread list called the "McPub". This is a subscribers only forum, so if you are not a subscriber and you can't see it that is why. For more info on becoming a subscriber look here...
  8. Victor

60th Anniversary set is home!

I got the call yesterday at 4:30 that my 60th set was at the local stereo shop, I was there at 5:10. :D Instead of starting this with a LONG post, I'll break it up. Part 1) Picking up the set and setting up the amps. As you can see from the pics, they got in 2 sets (both sold). I...
  9. Victor

I just ordered the 60th Anniversary set.

I was at the dealer today and I just could not hold back any longer. I ordered the 60th Anniversary set. I wanted to here it before buying it. My dealer said he did not want to open a set for demo since it is a limited edition set, I can understand that. He called his McIntosh rep while I...
  10. Victor

Loudness Control For McIntosh Preamps

I'm starting this poll for audiomaniac (you have to be a subscriber to start a poll) This poll is to see how many of us would like to see McIntosh bring back the loudness control feature on their preamps. Please indicate your preference:
  11. Victor

AudioKarma Store open just in time for the hollidays!

The AudioKarma store is open for business here: http://www.rocklandathletics.com/store/cart.php?m=product_list&c=346 They have several shirts and hats to choose from. It is still in its infancy but we have several more items to add. Your purchases will help to support AudioKarma. This...
  12. Victor

I'm close to buying my first home.

Other than living with my parents I have always lived in an apartment. I'm very close to closing a deal on buying a new condo. It is exciting and scary. It's in a new building and I get to pick the options I want in the unit, this is alot of fun. The most exciting part is the Great Room...
  13. Victor

"Shootout Sticky" Comments or Questions

I thought I would start a thread for discussing the new "Shootout Sticky" thread, since there is to be no discussion on that thread. If you have any comments or questions on the new "Shootout Sticky" thread, post them here.
  14. Victor

My MCD500 Comparisons Today

I took my MDA1000 in to the local stereo shop for some comparisons with the new MCD500 today and here are my findings. Keep in mind my MDA1000 has been upgraded by the Upgrade company. All the comparisons done today were with a preamp in the system, so these were DAC comparisons only. The system...
  15. Victor

Naim Label Fans

Are there any fans out there of the Naim label? I have been a big fan of the Naim label for years. They have very well recorded music of some great artists like Antonio Forcione, Stew Cutler, Allegri String Quartet and Charlie Haden. I'm trying to get a complete collection of the Naim...
  16. Victor

Happy Birthday Skippy ps

:banana: HAPPY BIRTHDAY MURRAY :banana: I hope you have a great day. :yes:
  17. Victor

100,000 Posts in the McIntosh Forum

:banana: :banana: Well look at that, we just hit 100,000 posts here. :banana: :banana: Think of all the great info within these pages. :thmbsp:
  18. Victor

B&W Diamond Signature Speakers and McIntosh

In my endless quest for the perfect speaker I have taken home some B&W Diamond Signature speakers for a home demo. I have only had about 6 hours to listen at home so far and here are my initial impressions: WOW! These speakers sound great with my McIntosh system. One of my friends was...
  19. Victor

I Finally Have Sonus Faber In My System

I went to the local McIntosh dealer yesterday and they had a pair of Sonus Faber Electa Amator speakers they got in on trade. So of course I had to take them home to demo. I have been listening to them all day today and I'm impressed. They have more bass than I was expecting, they have more...
  20. Victor

Tempted by Burmester

There is a new stereo shop in my town and I had to stop by to see what they have. They had a Burmester system with a 001 CD player, 035 preamp, 036 amp and 961 MK3 speakers. I was very impressed with the Burmester system, it had the most mid and high frequency detail and the least harshness I...
  21. Victor

Today I Saw The New Price Sheet

It looks like most of the prices will go up $600-$1000, with no change on some of the new items. I just glanced at the top of the sheet, I'm pretty sure the effective date was April first. Here are some of the prices I remember: MC275 $4500 MC501 $5500 each C2300 $6000 I also heard...
  22. Victor

McIntosh Equipment Modified By the Upgrade Company

There was a thread in the McIntosh forum asking about the Upgrade Company. I have always been a tweaker and I have modified much of my stereo equipment in the past but I have not modified any of my McIntosh equipment. This thread about the Upgrade Company got me wondering what a professional...
  23. Victor

MS750 Restore Help Please

Hello All, I received my new MS750 today. :banana: But I can't get the backup I saved from my MS300 to load onto the MS750. :tears: I have my MS750 connected directly to my PC using an ethernet crossover cable and the backup is on a USB hard drive connected to the PC. I know everything is...
  24. Victor

Poll: What Was Your First McIntosh?

We have not had a good poll for a while, so what was your first piece of McIntosh equipment? My first Mcintosh was a C2200 about 4 years ago. It was the start of a great love affair. Since that first Mcintosh I have bought 13 other McIntosh items (counting speakers pairs as one item) and...
  25. Victor

MS300 Backup Help Please

I'm trying to backup my MS300 but I can not figure out how to get the MS300 content file to show up on my laptop. I have been using my laptop to control my MS300 through the web guide with no problem. I have a laptop running Windows XP and an Ethernet hub. I think I setup a home network on my...
Back
Top Bottom