Search results

1. rockarolla

Denon PRA 1100 preamplifier

I took the switch out and gave it a good cleaning with the rest of the unit and it works great. Thank for the input everyone.
  2. rockarolla

Is the switch easy to replace? Where can I purchase a new one? Thank you,
  3. rockarolla

Hope this helps.
  4. rockarolla

Hello, I just picked up a Denon PRA 1100 preamplifier. The unit is working however it will not turn off at the power button. I must unplug the unit for it to shut off. It does not make a difference if the unit power button is pushed in or out. Any help is appreciated.
  5. rockarolla

Tube static

With the Electric Harmonix 12AX7EH installed there is no static. With the Northen Electric 12AX7.installed I can hear very loud static. This is with every input device removed and unplugged. The only equipment that is coonnected is the preamp,amp and speakers. :confused:
  6. rockarolla

Tube static

Ok, the tubes in the unit when I purchased it are Electric Harmonix 12AX7EH. The new tubes purchased are Northen Electric 12AX7.
  7. rockarolla

Tube static

I ordered the 12Ax7, I will need to take a look at the other ones.
  8. rockarolla

Tube static

have received my order from the The Tube Store and placed the tubes in my preamplifier and everything was working, However after a couple of weeks I noticed a static sound emitting from the speakers with no music playing. The next event is the left channel on my amplifier blew a fuse. I replaced...
  9. rockarolla

Tomcat audio

Hello, anyone have experience with Tomcat audio (John Miller)? I am thinking about having them build a tube preamplifier for me. Any insight is appreciated .
  10. rockarolla

Need a multi disc cdp

Hello, I am looking for a multi disc CDP. Somthing with 25 to 100 cd storage capacity. my reseach has not really come up with much. New players seem to be very expensive. I dont mind purchasing a used unit. I will be using it in my shop. Ideas appricitated.
  11. rockarolla

Speakers that can handle complex musical passages

I have looked into at the LRS speakers in the past, just do not have enough room to place them properly.
  12. rockarolla

Currently i picked up a pair of DCM 26 speakers at a garage sale. Listed below are a few tracks to demonstrate my meaning: Within temptation - raise your banner Dregs- I'm freaking out
  13. rockarolla

Speakers I am considering: Klipsch RP 600M bookshelf Trangle Bro3 bookshelf Klipsch PR 500F Floorstander PSB Silver Snell ? Have not heard a lot about them for the type of music I listen to. GoldenEar Triton 7 Any additional information or suggestions appreciated.
  14. rockarolla

Thank you for the replies. I have used a pair of Infinity quantum 4 speakers as well as a pair of Dynaco A-25. I could not find a amp that would do the Infinity speakers justice. I beleive that the speakers StimpyWan suggest are in the same in requiring an amp with some serious current, not sue...
  15. rockarolla

Hello, Looking for a pair of speakers that can handle complex musical passages. Budget is about 700.00. Room is on the smallish side. Bookshelf or floor standers, new or used is all good. Music preference Porcupine Tree, The Dregs, Within Temptation. Current Rig: Rega Brio Pro ject essential...
  16. rockarolla

Need power supply for Pro Ject Essentail III

Hello, I picked up a used Pro Ject Essential III tt. It is missing a power supply. Can someone direct me to the correct one? On the bottom of the tt it has a sticker 15v DC/5W Thank you,
  17. rockarolla

Pro amplifier with pre amp

Thank you for the reply, the crown xls 1002 is rated at Sensitivity.775Vrms or 1.4Vrms. I think the Rotel is rated at 1.0 sensitivity. Is this good or do i need the art clearbox as mentioned above?
  18. rockarolla

Pro amplifier with pre amp

Hello, Can I use a Rotel rc 9808x pre amplifier with a crown xls 1002 amplifier? Or do I need a passive pre amp? I will be connecting my dac , cassette deck, turntable and cdp to the pre amp. Thank you for the help.
  19. rockarolla

Speaker identification

After looking online they do look similar to the Devore Gibbson 8 model, the woofers look a little different than what i have seen, they are asking 75.00. The cabinets are a bit tattered, are there any suggestions of what to look for? The shop has little information. Thanks
  20. rockarolla

Speaker identification

A was out today looking at some speakers at a local shop. Any ideas of what the manufacturer may be? No tags or badges front or back. Decent binding post, rear ported. Thank you.
  21. rockarolla

Replaced cap, woofer not working

I think it may be a goner.
  22. rockarolla

I tried it, no reading however, if I moved the leads around the meter would move way over to the left, I did hear some static, crackling through the woofer but have not been able to duplicate.
  23. rockarolla

Thank you, I tested the meter as mentioned above, Get 0 reading on the woofer. I will reflow solder joints.
  24. rockarolla

Ok, found this in my tool box, i do not know what setting i sould use or how to read the meter. Any help is appreciated.
  25. rockarolla

Thank you, i will try tonight and get back with my results.
Back
Top Bottom