Search results

1. E

Teac 40-4

Thanks very much for your suggestions. SkywaveTDR's diagnosis may have identified the problem. As suggested, I pushed the pinch roller against the capstan shaft (with the power off). It moves there but does not "drop instantly back down." It stays up there against the capstan. "Gummed up...
  2. E

Teac 40-4

jblmar: Thanks for the note. No, nothing happens. Again, I have four other Teac decks. This 40-4 is most impressive looking of the four. It is deeper and much heavier. I thought it might be fuse issue. But they look OK to me. However, my technical skills are nonexisting. So, I wish...
  3. E

Teac 40-4

I bought a Teac 40-4 RTR from a neighbor for $75. A rocker who had bought this ten years ago. Never used it, he said. It is clean and looks great. I load the tape. It powers on, lights up, capstan turns, but reels do not. Cannot figure out what to do. This deck is much heavier than my...
  4. E

Hi Stereofisher: About Teac 3340S. You wrote that "idler wheel on the right side will not...

Hi Stereofisher: About Teac 3340S. You wrote that "idler wheel on the right side will not engage because of many years of sitting around, the grease dries out. Last 4 TEACs I had here have had that problem. The good news is its an easy fix. Easy fix??? Please help me. How? If I push the...
Back
Top Bottom