Search results

1. J

Replaced my Nikko's lamps with LED's (Pic)

Do most receiver have AC or DC voltage powering the display lamps? Do you need a diode it it's ac or is the LED enough(since it's a diode). I'm looking to do some Sansui's and a Craig 5501.
  2. J

Craig Receivers.....Any Owners Out There?

Not Bad at all. I just picked up a Craig 5501 receiver on the cheap. I have Sansui, JVC, and Kenwoods and the craigs runs just like them... This puppy has some nice midrange and lowend. I picked it up on the recommendation of another AK member it doesn't disappoint. This 5501 is rated at...
  3. J

JVC JR-S301 Tuner issue...

Still Going Strong after all these years... Love these JVCs :)
  4. J

Advent 5002 vs modern speakers

just wondering... let's say you were to buy a modern day speakers.... what brand/model would be comparable to these 5002's?
  5. J

JBL arc30

I'm using a Sansui 771. It does sound good just different to the EPI 100V. JBL arc30 are more in-your-face with the strong midrange and bass whereas the EPI 100V are more flat and airy.
  6. J

Advent vs Dynaco A-25

Could the boom-tizz be due to the fact that the advents need recapping? I heard some mention that recapping made a big difference.
  7. J

Advent vs Dynaco A-25

I seem to hear raves about these 2 speakers endlessly... are they generally considered equals in terms of quality of sound? Given the same price and condition, which are would be a better buy? Thanks! :scratch2:
  8. J

JVC JR-S301 and Speakers

I know the JR-S301 is a fairly good Receiver but do the large JVC speakers that originally came with them sound good? The owner wants to sell them as a set. Thanks! :thmbsp:
  9. J

JBL arc30

Thanks for your detailed explanation. I picked them up for $50 CDN in very good condition. They are fairly good but not as good my EPI 100V's. The Bass is very strong but a little too boomy. Otherwise it's pretty good.
  10. J

JBL arc30

Has anyone used these little bookshelves? Are they ok sounding? :)
  11. J

Luxman remote and R-115 question

soundoc03, When you say there is no comparison, do you mean the Luxman R-115 and R-117 are better sounding than your others? OR the other way around? Just confirming as it can be interpreted both ways.
  12. J

Luxman R-115 startup time long

I thought I'd start a new thread from my last one. Just noticed that this baby takes a lot longer to startup. The relay doesn't click for about 10-20 seconds on average. Sometimes longer and sometimes shorter but usually at least 8 seconds. Do you think the relay may be stuck or dying? Once...
  13. J

VS, what does orion say about the R-115 and R-113? How does it compare to your other monsters from the 70s? I have both of the above and really like their sound... I think for me, 70wpc is plenty for me. I can barely turn the volume to half way. I'm not a 'rocker' :)
  14. J

Rare ??? Sansui TA-310

I got to TA-500 and it is pretty nice sounding. I believe this guy is about 30wpc.
  15. J

Yes... if anyone knows of a universal(cheaper is better) remote that works with the R-115, I'd be interested. I'm probably not going to buy one of those super fancy ones costing hundreds of $$. I would use it mostly for volume and power on/off functions. Others like switching stations and...
  16. J

Thanks Dingus.... is the RR-115 a wired remote or wireless? Does anyone have a pic of it?
  17. J

I got an R-115 without a remote... 2 questions... What is the MSRP when it came out? What is a fair price for a used one? I just know it's 70wpc. Orion?? Can this remote below on ebay be used for my R-115? I'm unable to find the part #...
  18. J

JVC R-1X receiver?

Anyone know that specs of this guy? thx
  19. J

The New Advents

Thanks for the clarification... I didn't know the New LA were not so new but only 1977.
  20. J

Hitachi HTA-3F?

Thanks again bully....
  21. J

Hitachi HTA-3F?

Any info on this receiver? Orion? Thanks! Junk or Gem?
  22. J

Receiver Collectors: Raise Your Hands!!!

OK... I'm guilty but having a great time feeling feeling guilty. Sansui 771 45wpc Sansui Six 35wpc Sansui 1000x 30wpc Sansui TA-500 50wpc Kenwood KR-3600 22wpc Kenwood KR-4070 40wpc Luxman R-113 35wpc Sanyo DCX-4000K 30wpc Hitachi SR-6010 35wpc JVC JR-S301 60wpc
  23. J

EPI model 360

uncooked... how do you like them so far? I saw them but I'm running out of space :)
  24. J

The New Advents

Aren't the New Advents different from the original advents? Which are better?
  25. J

Studio monitors instead of hifi speakers

Forgive my ignorance but how can you tell if a speaker is a studio monitor or a home speaker? I have some Infinity Monitor Jr. and JBL L40. Does the word 'monitor, in the name denote a Studio Monitor?
Back
Top Bottom