Search results

1. blankhi

NAD Barbecue?

Thanks for all the tips, these buggers have a habit of going places we would not suspect being the shy creatures that they are. I found one inside a distributor cap of a '71 Datsun 510, another crawled out of my speedometer while doing 60+ on my way to work. Highly toxic to many, a sting would...
  2. blankhi

NAD Barbecue?

Say what we will about reliability and build quality of the NAD products. This old C 325 BEE took on a nearly 4" centipede invader, roasted it, and went on about it's job of pumping out beautiful music. I bought the unit locally recently and didn't open it till I got it home as it sounded fine...
  3. blankhi

Turntables from the sky

Aloha spinners! In the last year I have been given three tables in the wake of technology moving forward at an ever increasing pace. An AR XA (from a demolition project), Dual 731Q (from the thrift shop at the dump in Hilo Hawaii.), and now a Dennon DP 3000 with an intact Audiocraft AC 300 (from...
  4. blankhi

Nirvana in the bedroom!

Our public station as a late Sunday show that is touted as "Trouser Free Radio", it might be just the ticket.
  5. blankhi

Nirvana in the bedroom!

I suspect that would send to the bathroom a bit....
  6. blankhi

Nirvana in the bedroom!

Th The need to awaken kinda spoiled the effort for me. I have a remote switch to kill my sub under the bed when I get up.
  7. blankhi

Nirvana in the bedroom!

I tried that but falling asleep with headphones never worked for me.
  8. blankhi

Nirvana in the bedroom!

Yes, we all know there are many ways to achieve this. This being an audio forum, we will strive keep it on topic. I have always longed for a superior music experience while horizontal in my bed. The Audio Gods have aligned to permit this at a relatively modest cost. The effect is to have my bed...
  9. blankhi

AR 3 &TT for free!

Thanks Mark, Looking forward to hearing some Live Dead like I was there, and I was for a few! I’m a wee bit older than these, and plan to pass them on to my kid.(after prying them my empty listening room!) . Being patient has brought me many fine things. “Share and enjoy “
  10. blankhi

AR 3 &TT for free!

Thanks for all the great information and encouragement! I’m not sure how to get in touch with Roy to start the fun, though. It will be a journey and since the universe dropped these upon me, the least I can do is follow through. I feel like a kid on the first day of school with a shiny new...
  11. blankhi

AR 3 &TT for free!

T
  12. blankhi

AR 3 &TT for free!

I'm out in the middle of the Pacific, and seldom get off this rock. Thanks for the offer, maybe I should snag the the lesser speakers on the site and practice/ build confidence.
  13. blankhi

AR 3 &TT for free!

I had no idea that was possible. Mahalo!
  14. blankhi

AR 3 &TT for free!

I work for a small contractor and we started with the demo phase of a new project. I was told that the the wall system in the living room was to go when the dumpster arrived. I looked up and a pair of AR 3s were suspended at the top. I said right away that I would take care of that part of demo...
  15. blankhi

Magic for under $200?

"Sweet Pea" thinks it's all human noise anyway. High-fi to her is when the bowl hit's the floor! (or mama pulls in the driveway.) I was expecting good sound, but not this much imaging. So happy to be surprised!
  16. blankhi

Magic for under $200?

Just one of those lucky combinations! I was just poking around on C.L. locally for a spell trying to put a cheap stereo together for girlfriends second residence. She being more focused on esthetics, it had to be unobtrusive. I put together an old Onkyo TX 21 and a pair of ADS L400s and magic...
  17. blankhi

Disaster!

Good news! In this technical age, my audiologist had me fitted with the latest and greatest and, in my case, my hearing is much improved! As a carpenter, much of my higher range was smacked by saws and routers in addition to being over 60. ( Also the same range as a Strad and my sweetheart's...
  18. blankhi

Mac C30, QS Mini Mites, Sansui 5080 , TU 717, Nad C521, Warfdale Denton (new) 85s, Hsu, AR3s...

Mac C30, QS Mini Mites, Sansui 5080 , TU 717, Nad C521, Warfdale Denton (new) 85s, Hsu, AR3s (in process), AR XA
  19. blankhi

Onkyo TX-21 sleeper

I picked one up from C.L. a few years back for my girl friends other house and I hooked a pair of old ADS L400s to it. WOW! I can't believe how good it sounds! The soundstage is amazing considering She dictated the placements. (It is HER house, after all, had to look right!) But I get wonderful...
  20. blankhi

How old were you when you got your first McIntosh?

I bought an MX 110 from a student house mate in Swarthmore PA for $100, and dragged it to Hawaii where the salt air trashed the components. Sat unused for years until I offered it to a young military EE who was smitten to restore it in trade for a nice little Yammy. I had already been gifted by...
Back
Top Bottom