Search results

1. Blueglow

Kegger/blueglow kt88 project

Good catch on the unsoldered wire.
  2. Blueglow

Very well done, looks better than mine I think :) Stay tuned, I'll make a post on how to tame that Power Transformer hum...
  3. Blueglow

Looking for audio analyzer and have been told multiple times to go computer software route.

I've tried most of the solutions mentioned here, but not all. I've made videos on many of them. The QA was a PITA to be honest. After hundreds of hours, maybe thousands, using various solutions and trying others, I keep coming back to my 8903B for daily use. The 8903B, simple and quick...
  4. Blueglow

Heathkit Altec Legato Speaker Connections HELP

Did you ever find the answer to how to wire? If not, send me a message, I have original assembly instructions somewhere.
  5. Blueglow

You can chase that but if you are getting 10.5w, no need. If you were clipping at 4W, then yes. Nice looking build BTW.
  6. Blueglow

Don't get too wrapped up around the voltages. A few volts difference in line voltage at the house can cause that. Heck, I get different line voltage readings in my house from minute to minute depending on the load (dishwasher, dryer, HVAC, etc.) in play. You are fine here.
  7. Blueglow

Silvertone P-P 6BQ5 amp 528.69161

These are amazing little amps for the money. need a shop amp, this would make a great one.
  8. Blueglow

HH Scott 210F Phono Stage Lacking Mids - Input Welcomed

you are on the right track. mark
  9. Blueglow

Don't sweat the extra capacitance after the 5AR4, just saying... mark
  10. Blueglow

was hoping to wrap up video #3 last weekend but too many house related projects cropped up. Will try to wrap it up this weekend.
  11. Blueglow

Glad to see people are still tinkering with this build. Mark
  12. Blueglow

Blueglow 2020 Amp Build Ideas

You can easily use the 6C6 in place of the 310A with a swap to 6.3v filaments on the driver tube. There is also the 10J12C Russian tube that's a direct substitute. There is magic to the pentode driver for the 300B that I want to stick with. On price, this amp build isn't a cheap build but...
  13. Blueglow

North Carolina anyone?

I should be wrapping up our "audio barn" project here in Mocksville somewhere around January/February. It's the remodel of a 50 year old two story barn into some modern temperature controlled space. We are building out some open space that we could use for meetups, a large listening room, and...
  14. Blueglow

North Carolina anyone?

Welcome. Winston-Salem area here
  15. Blueglow

North Carolina anyone?

Can't wait
  16. Blueglow

KT88 SE Abdellah (modified by Alex Gendrano) + AK..

Not I, but it wouldn't be a hard redesign. Relatively simple rebiasing setup.
  17. Blueglow

They were within 10% of stated value. Once I get these off the bench, I'm going to do some more scientific testing with these for fun in some known circuits. They literally sucked the life out of these amps. I'll post some results here when I find time.
  18. Blueglow

Figured it out. Had two .02 ceramic caps tied off the phono stage coupling it to the next stage. Missed them in the recap as they were hidden behind the wafer switch on the front panel. Who the hell puts ceramic caps in-line with the signal path for coupling? Replaced with some .02 orange...
  19. Blueglow

I've been restoring a set of extremely rare Scott 210F integrated amplifiers. After a complete recap, getting all resistors in spec, rebuilding power supply, biasing, etc. the amps sound amazing from every input but the phono stage. Basically any input on the otherside of the phono stage is...
  20. Blueglow

Its on the bench now, video in next week, mark
  21. Blueglow

Thought I'd start a thread kicking around a few ideas on my next amp build video series for this year. Here are a few thoughts brewing in my head, lets see your thoughts on these and any other suggestions you may have related to this future build series: - High End 300B Amp - Target $2500 build...
  22. Blueglow

North Carolina anyone?

We have meetups in Winston-Salem a few times a year. PM Jera on here to get added to the mailing list. Should be one early next year. Mark
  23. Blueglow

6SN7 Preamp Power Supply - Looking for your input

Yeah, the 325-0-325 was left over from when I was using a tube rectifier, would use one side. And yes X/Y safety cap on the power switch for sure.
  24. Blueglow

6SN7 Preamp Power Supply - Looking for your input

Hey guys, I've plotted it in duncan's power supply tool a while back, it plays out fine there. I should have mentioned that. More looking for input on if there are better approaches. Sounds like I need to research the Maida type regulator.
  25. Blueglow

Nice!
Back
Top Bottom