Search results

1. Blueglow

HH Scott 210F Phono Stage Lacking Mids - Input Welcomed

I've been restoring a set of extremely rare Scott 210F integrated amplifiers. After a complete recap, getting all resistors in spec, rebuilding power supply, biasing, etc. the amps sound amazing from every input but the phono stage. Basically any input on the otherside of the phono stage is...
  2. Blueglow

Blueglow 2020 Amp Build Ideas

Thought I'd start a thread kicking around a few ideas on my next amp build video series for this year. Here are a few thoughts brewing in my head, lets see your thoughts on these and any other suggestions you may have related to this future build series: - High End 300B Amp - Target $2500 build...
  3. Blueglow

6SN7 Preamp Power Supply - Looking for your input

Fellow AK'ers, I've been working off and on for a year or so prototyping a 6SN7 preamp on the bench (2 tubes per channel in SRPP w/ input & output buffer). I've been using a HV bench power supply so I'm just now getting around to prototyping the power supply section. I thought I'd share a...
  4. Blueglow

Need source for quality 1.66v red LEDs for biasing

Kegger had sent me a link a long time ago but it's not working any more. Anyone have a good source for these? I tried searching ebay but they don't specify forward voltage drop in most of their auctions. Thanks in advance for your wisdom Mark
  5. Blueglow

Shure V15 Cartridge Identification Help Please

Pretty sure this is a Shure V15 Cartridge but have no idea which version. It is in need of a new stylus. I recently purchased a turntable and this cartridge was on it. Sadly, the cartridge has no markings anywhere on it other than the "V". I took it out of the headshell and nothing on top...
  6. Blueglow

5 Pin Tube Socket Hole Size Recommendations?

Fellow AK'ers, Curious what chassis hole punch size you think is ideal to cut a hole for the tube to drop down into a ceramic 5 pin socket mounted below the chassis? Ideally, this would be a common chassis punch size that is easily obtained. See pic of socket. Thanks, Mark
  7. Blueglow

The art of amplifier layout & wiring - experience sought...

The more amplifier building that I've done, the more that I have progressed to seeing it as an art more so than a science. The science (electrical engineering) part of it is pretty simple to me these days, but the art of it is something I am seeking to master. For example when I see a well laid...
  8. Blueglow

Dynaco MK III - pulling my hair out - need expert opinions...

First, I would consider myself somewhat of a dynaco expert, or at least an RKI but this one is baffling me. I rebuilt a pair of MK IIIs for a guy a few months back. They turned out beautiful. Here is what I did to them: New chrome chassis from dynapartkit Powder coated xfmr end bells & cages...
  9. Blueglow

Sencore SG80 AM/FM Analyzer - 39G222 FM Detector Probe question

My SG80 is missing it's FM detector probe. Hoping to make one, anyone have a schematic or know a good substitute probe that could be used? Seems finding an original 39G222 is darn near impossible. Its a three prong micro connector on a two conductor cable so my guess it's a passive component...
  10. Blueglow

Trancendar?

Reached out to trancendar today to order some more OPTs and they said they aren't taking any new orders at this time. Hope all is ok. Anyone know if this is temporary or permanent? Mark
  11. Blueglow

Chinacave - one very cool dude

Sent me a book for free, what more could one ask for. Thanks mark
  12. Blueglow

Question - Labeling Tested Tubes

I have my son home for the summer and he needs a project :-) So, I thought about having him test tubes for a few hours each day. I've always just used a fine point sharpie and marked each tube near the base on the glass with the gm findings. However, I've found over time they fade a little and...
  13. Blueglow

SX-850 AWM-062 board transistors - help needed

I'm rebuilding an SX-850 that has issues keeping the speaker relay engaged. I've already rebuilt the power supply and checked the output & driver sections well so I'm focused on the AWM-062 board at this point. Anyone know the current equivalent transistors for the following? Q1,Q2 - 2SC869...
  14. Blueglow

Leak Stereo 20 Capacitor Replacement Question

Question, restoring a Leak Stereo 20 in my personal collection... Replace the gold can caps with modern 32/32uf even though it will change the look of the amplifier externally (they aren't as tall and would need to be painted, if I can get paint close enough to match) or leave the originals in...
  15. Blueglow

Source for 2270 Speaker Protection Relay?

Anyone got any sources for a new compatible replacement? Thanks Mark
  16. Blueglow

ST-35 Z565 Output Transformer Troubles?

I'm building a little ST35 amp from some parts I've picked up over time. I have a set of the original cloth wired Z565 output transformers but am coming up with the following DC resistance readings that have me wondering if I have a bad transformer. Left Red to: Blue 167.5 Green 42.5 Bl/Wh...
  17. Blueglow

Looking for someone to build me some SR71 speaker cabinets

Here are the plans and speaker info for what I'm trying to build. Would love something veneered or nice looking. Thanks mark Cabinets http://zaphaudio.com/SR71.pdf Speaker info https://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/2-way-speaker-kits/zaph%7Caudio-sr71-kit-pair-parts-only/ PM me if you are...
  18. Blueglow

AR 90 Speaker Reconing - Seeking Help

Just picked up a set of AR 90 speakers. All four 10" woofers and both 8" lower mid-range speakers need reconing. I've heard these are particularly difficult for the novice, but not sure if that's true or not. Trying to decide if I take it on myself or find someone on here who is reasonable...
  19. Blueglow

Playback Inc. brand speakers?

I found a set of playback brand speakers today in a thrift store. Can't find anything on them via Google. The cabinet quality would lead me to believe they maybe decent speakers. They are pretty good in size and very heavy. Looks like they were made in Illinois. Any insights? Thanks Mark
  20. Blueglow

ARC SP-3A-1 Tube Opinions

Picked up a nice Audio Research SP-3A-1 recently. It came with some Sylvania 12AX7A - Made in Germany tubes, which I have found are Chinese Shuguang with bogus Sylvania labels. It was easy to tell they weren't telefunkens :-) I just felt weird running cheap Chinese tubes in this amp so I...
  21. Blueglow

Searching for Idler Tires for Marantz 5000 Cass Deck

Looking for a set of idler tires for a Marantz 5000 cassette deck. Pretty sure these may have been used in other Marantz decks as well. Can't find a source, any help you could provide would be great. Thanks mark
  22. Blueglow

Help on 2110 small knobs

I'm in the middle of restoring a 2110 that I picked up as part of a nice rack mount setup. It is missing one of the little 8mm x 10mm aluminum knobs used on the vert / horz / ext controls tied to the scope. I've tried a WTB ad in barter town with no luck. Anyone here know where I might could...
  23. Blueglow

Western Electric experts, got a question for you

Recently picked up an all original 142D amplifier with both the 141A and 713B input modules. I know the amp would have originally had WE 350B tubes in it but what brand would the 5U4G, 6SN7s and 6J7 have been? I don't think WE made those tube types so curious what brand they might have been...
  24. Blueglow

Webcor Holiday Phonograph Tube Unit - Need Help

I've been working on a restoration project for a friend and am stumped at this point. I started this journey by fixing all the mechanical issues such as having the idler wheel rebuilt, cleaning and lubing all the moving parts, etc. The turntable now turns smoothly and very quiet, unlike how it...
  25. Blueglow

2270 testing my skills... help...

I could use some wisdom from the group if you don't mind please. I've got a 2270 I'm trying to get in good working condition and am struggling with some noise on the outputs with the volume turned up above 50%. Here is what I observe: 1. This happens with no input on the amp (no rca's plugged...
Back
Top Bottom