Search results

1. ChrisMarantz

Marantz 4400 protection relay timing

You should check the Resistors in the R/C Timing Circuit and adjust them to create a longer delay, if needed - Chris
  2. ChrisMarantz

250M Won't Come Out Of Protection After Complete Rebuild of Both Amps.

It's nice to see that my Relay replacement idea is still in use - Chris
  3. ChrisMarantz

First Time Amp Repair - Sourcing Mosfets

You can order both types of MosFets from LittleDiode
  4. ChrisMarantz

Marantz tech in the Bay Area?

I would have thought I was long forgotten. I'm not in California any longer - Living the good life in Tennessee - Chris
  5. ChrisMarantz

Potentiometer conditioning after cleaning?

I have used Faderlube regularly for the past 15 years and it does wonders on all sorts of controls. I use it so often, that I buy it in the pint size jars - Chris
  6. ChrisMarantz

Schematics with color codes?

Isn't that what highlighters are for? - Chris
  7. ChrisMarantz

Greaseless thermal insulater

I wonder how these compare to Sil Pads? I don't care for Sil Pads - I'm still a Mica and Thermal Paste guy - Chris
  8. ChrisMarantz

What are these babies?!?

These are a Marantz P3600 and P510M. Made for the Japanese market only, I think - Chris
  9. ChrisMarantz

Hakko FR-301 kit 2

I use mostly 1.0 mm Tips. When they get worn out - I drill them out to larger diameters - Chris
  10. ChrisMarantz

New Transistor variability marantz 18

Are they OnSemi Transistors or are they mystery Transistors? If they are mystery Transistors, you can't know what their Hfe range is suppose to be. Just because OnSemi makes only 1 type of these Transistors, it isn't to say that another manufacturer did make them in a selection of gain ranges...
  11. ChrisMarantz

Hakko FR-301 kit 2

I bought the original FR300 when it originally came out - to use in place of my 808 (which would be my backup unit). The FR300 broke 3 times within the first 8 months and Hakko repaired it under warranty each time. I decided that it was really up to the daily use I give it. I still have the...
  12. ChrisMarantz

New Transistor variability marantz 18

Transistors are typically grouped into "Gain Ranges" - Back in the day, they would be sorted into Color Groups (ie. Red 1 - 10 Blue 11 - 20 Green 21 - 30) There would be a dab of paint of the Transistor Case to indicate their group. Later suffix Letters we used and printed on the Transistor...
  13. ChrisMarantz

Oscilloscope???

Save your money - It's a toy. They always have a limited front end - glitchy software - poor resolution and the never meet their bandwidth specification. Check out the EEVBlog - Dave has done many reviews on these types of "scopes" they always turn out to be trash - Chris
  14. ChrisMarantz

op amp with emi / rfi filtering

While I am certainly not an expect on this topic - I was taught that these types of problems must be solved at their source - not with the device which allows you to "hear" the problem - Chris
  15. ChrisMarantz

Marantz 1200 integrated Vs. 250 power amp with 3300 preamp?

Only my 7T out matches the 1200 (and everything else I own) for its overall effect on sound quality. I use my 7T exclusively with a 16B driving a pair of HD770's. - Chris
  16. ChrisMarantz

I also listen to classic rock on my 1200, paired with my Pioneer HPM100's. And yes, I use the Loudness Switch and drive the speakers to arena level volume. Nothing could better then this, as far as I can tell - Chris
  17. ChrisMarantz

I haven't ever owned a 1250, so my comments may be spurious - I would think that the 1250 was made to late (1976 - 1979) for my liking. It represents the next generation of designs, which I don't particularly care for how they sound. I'm basing this opinion on other models that I have owned...
  18. ChrisMarantz

I have had many 1200's and a few 250's and 3300's. I still have a 1200 - the rest have gone to other homes. Frankly, I don't need or care about the additional 25 Watts you get with a 250 and I find the meters to be a distraction after the novelty wears off (like in 5 min). The 3300 is...
  19. ChrisMarantz

Soldering behind enemy lines

Neat Idea. . . I'll try it on the Micro-Controller I need to mount an a board - Chris
  20. ChrisMarantz

The best magnifying visor (IMHO)

Adding the lights is an excellent idea - Thanks for sharing - Chris
  21. ChrisMarantz

SSL Electrolytic Capacitors?

Samsung SSL Capacitors were their Low-Impedance / High Ripple Capacitors. I believe they stop making capacitors in the late 1990's - Chris
  22. ChrisMarantz

A Question About High Line Voltage

It is not uncommon to see as high as 125 volts on the mains, now-a -days. It is testament to our aging power grid. I believe it's done on purpose to keep up with higher demand. - Chris
  23. ChrisMarantz

Dull-sounding Pioneer CT-F850 cassette deck

Have you tried cleaning the Tape Head? If it has seen lots of use - there can be wear on the head. You need reference Tapes to make any adjustments correctly - Chris
  24. ChrisMarantz

Wow...

Sounds like a list of comments made by my customers when they bring their equipment in for repair - Chris
  25. ChrisMarantz

Marantz 8B with Bob Hovland Mods?

If resale value is of primary consideration - I suspect that the original 8B would always sell for the greater amount. While the "Hovland" model may have better (different) sound - there is probably a much smaller group of "Hovland devotees" who would buy the modified 8B. - Chris
Back
Top Bottom