Search results

1. Juan9568

Sansui 9090DB Protector Light Replacement?

Hi guys. It's been a while since my last post. My amp is working great but suddenly the green light won't turn on. I mean, the relay clicks and the amp works great but the green light is off. I suppose I need to replace that led? The red light works as it should, it flashes until the relay...
  2. Juan9568

Sansui 9090DB Poor FM Reception

Hi guys, I have my Sansui recently restored working great but I get very poor FM reception, I only get 2 or 3 stations at least. Where should I look? Is there any calibration that I need to do?? Thanks!
  3. Juan9568

What do you think about this mod??

Hi guys I got this little bluetooth receiver designed for marine applications so I can use my Sansui in a more convenient way. Don't hate me, I know this is not Hi-Fi but I don't use tapes not even vinyls now a days, I'm digital audio. I'm testing it right know and it works great so far. Also...
  4. Juan9568

Sansui 9090DB noisy/dirty sound before and after cleaning pots

Hi guys. I'm going over the restoration of my amp and I'm still having this same issue. It sounds like dirty when listening and it makes a huge noise when I move the volume control knob, I have to do it very slowly so I don't blow off the speakers, needles go crazy. This same thing happens when...
  5. Juan9568

Quick question about F-2619 Power Supply RF circuit board

Recapping this board I found this plastic thing protecting one cap. Should I still use it with the new one? After recapping the board is it necessary to check the voltage on that trimmer? Whats should be the voltage? I don't know if changing the caps will affect it.
  6. Juan9568

Main Filter Caps Replacement for Sansui 9090DB??

Hi guys. I'm making the list for my next recap but I don't know what capacitor would be better to use for the mains. I would wanna put something that fits in the same place as the original. What about those resistors on the back? should I replace them as well? Any suggestions?? IMG_1168 by...
  7. Juan9568

Mica or Sil Pads for TO-03 outputs ??

Some people recommend sil pads for better thermal conductivity and convenience but also read that mica insulators are still the best way to go. Which one is better??
  8. Juan9568

Sanken STV3H-Y Testing and Installation??

Hi guys, I'm finishing the rebuild of my new F2624 Board. IMG_4962 by Juan9568 posted May 14, 2018 at 3:02 PM I got from eBay these new STV3H-Y as a replacement but I don't know how to test them with the multimeter. I tried in diode mode but I can't get a reading, not even with the...
  9. Juan9568

Restoring uncle's Sansui 9090DB

Hi guys. I'm about to begin with the restoration of my uncle's old Sansui 9090DB. The receiver is in a pretty bad condition, it has been serviced by bad technicians and they replaced parts with cheaper or wrong ones. Issues: . Burnt resistors . Blown fuses . Blown outputs . Scratchy pots A...
Back
Top Bottom