Search results

1. djnagle

Happy St. Patrick’s Day

2. djnagle

I might have to shut down the listening room and sell off all my gear

I have enjoyed this passion since I was 10 years old. I am now 68 and my tinnitus flares up so bad when I listen to music in my room, I simply don’t listen anymore. Interestingly, I can listen to music with earbuds and the flare up is very mild. I’m sad about all this because I build so...
  3. djnagle

What did you get for Christmas???

I’ll start. I’ve been a Detroit Lions fan my whole life. One of my daughters got me this wallet for Christmas.
  4. djnagle

A true Star Trek fan!!!

5. djnagle

Is there a difference using RS232 vs HDMI?

I just picked up a small monitor for my streamer. It has an RS232 and an HDMI for input. I have RS232 cables but should I buy an HDMI cable??? Will the picture be higher definition with the HDMI?
  6. djnagle

Anyone know the Coral Monitor Eight speakers???

Hi all. I’m going to look at a pair of Coral Monitor Eight speakers and can’t find much about them. Anyone here know them?
  7. djnagle

What the heck is this thing!!!!!

I saw this in one of the estate sales and can not figure out what the heck it is. https://www.estatesales.net/NC/Greensboro/27410/3820500
  8. djnagle

New speaker build

Hi All. I’m starting my new speakers build this week. The design is done and I’m sending the files to the CNC cutter tomorrow and will pick up the parts next weekend. The drivers are 10” full range field coils and the cabs are 5.7 cu in volume for an f3 of 38hz. the pix are renderings and look...
  9. djnagle

Anyone recognize these speakers???

I was watching the show Invasion on Apple+ and saw these speakers. I really like the design but don’t know who makes them.
  10. djnagle

My wife sent me a text

11. djnagle

Shandling SCD-T200 Tube SACD Player opinion???

Hi All. I have a line on this CD player locally but really don't know much about them. anyone have opinion about this player???
  12. djnagle

Tried to help and was floored

My daughter’s father in law called yesterday asking for help putting together a sound system for his new flatscreen TV. He said he had an old blown Sony receiver and a couple old speakers. I went over and we talked about all the options from high end audio to a simple sound bar and sub. I...
  13. djnagle

I have a problem with my TA-600

So all the caps have been replaced and I replaced the output tubes. I hooked it up and was a bit confused on how to hook up “B” speaker. I followed this from the manual But no sound from that side. Any suggestions?
  14. djnagle

Just ordered a Schiit Saga+

Hi All, I just ordered a Schiit Saga + tube preamp. I have a good preamp that I built years ago but I now work from home in my music room and need the remote function the Schiit has but my preamp doesn’t. Any opinions??? Schiit Audio: Audio Products Designed and Built in Texas and California...
  15. djnagle

Just ordered a Schiit Saga+ tube preamp

Hi All, I just ordered a Schiit Saga + tube preamp. I have a good preamp that I built years ago but I now work from home in my music room and need the remote function the Schiit has but my preamp doesn’t. Any opinions??? Schiit Audio: Audio Products Designed and Built in Texas and California...
  16. djnagle

A leap in noise cancellation technology

Here is a very interesting article. https://nautil.us/a-scientific-breakthrough-in-noise-reduction-351600/
  17. djnagle

creative open baffle speakers

I came across this on FB. Very creative solution.
  18. djnagle

How do I slow this motor down ????

I have a fan from my dad’s old dry cleaning business. It is single phase 3 HP. it blows so hard and was great at the dry cleaners but way too much for my garage. can I use a wall type light dimmer to slow this motor down?
  19. djnagle

Interesting note about the Mission Impossible franchise

I just watched all the Tom Cruse Mission Impossible movies this past long weekend and couldn’t figure out why China is NEVER the villain! Then at the end of the movies the credits say “an Alibaba Film”
  20. djnagle

Mystery speaker on TV

I’m watching the new revamped CSI: Vegas and saw this speaker. Big round horn on top with a ported box below. Any ideas of the make and model???
  21. djnagle

Personal aircraft are unaffordable.

When I took my first lesson, a Cessna 182 cost around 50k. Now they run $700,000!! I built my Cassutt formula 1 air racer for $2,000.
Back
Top Bottom