Search results

1. jblnut

pjrengineer is AOK

Just giving a quick shout-out to pjrengineer - very easy to work with and a true AK-er. jblnut
  2. jblnut

Ideas for continuous music in outdoor setting

My brother-in-law is an artist who is seeking ideas on how to pull off the following - thanks for any ideas and help here. We've figured out the 4-channel piece of this (2 stereo amps) but we're stuck on a modern solid-state music player that will just keep going and going and... I am seeking...
  3. jblnut

The old Chrysler "Lean Burn" 318

My son just found a really nice old 1987 Dodge Diplomat for his first car. While we were looking it over it became clear that this was a strange period for automakers trying to adapt to better emissions and late-stage carbs. It starts and runs very well (single owner all this time, 120k miles)...
  4. jblnut

Soavo Grand Piano Speakers - real?

I came across this image again the other day and it got me thinking. Other than this single image on the web, I have never found any other details about these magnificent looking speakers in the many years since I first came across this image. What say you all ? A photoshop hoax? Jblnut
  5. jblnut

Car Battery Quandry

So the battery in the old car my kids share finally kicked the bucket. I went to the local warehouse club to get a replacement and was not super happy when I installed it and found it was stone dead. Like can't even turn on the car interior lights dead. I then dragged out my charger to see what...
  6. jblnut

Mc DACs

I am seriously considering the purchase of an MDA1000 this weekend, based on all of the glowing reviews out there as well as my own awe of the C1000 I got this spring. Any owners here ? Anything newer in the Mcfamily that I should consider? It will be used with a BlueSound Node 2i to decode...
  7. jblnut

Moving up from C220 to C70 or...C1000

I call to order a meeting of the McEnablers. All present ? Good, let's get down to business.... I have been very happy with my C220 for a good 11 years now but my change to the Salons has shined an even brighter light on everything in the signal chain. On some material there is just too much...
  8. jblnut

Seen it all ? Got Mammoth bones in your cartridge?

I bet even our esteemed audiophile Mr Pig doesn't have one of these in his stable :-) https://www.audiogon.com/listings/lis9gi7g-aidas-mammoth-gold-mk-ii-mc-phono-cartridge-mk-2-20178-cartridges jblnut
  9. jblnut

Best Yamaha Speaker?

https://www.hifido.co.jp/19-25703-75323-00.html?KW=&G=1&P1=&P2=&A=10&N=&Y=&CT=0&M=0&LNG=E&OD=5&O=0&L=50&SD1=0&SD2=0&SD3=0 Had to share this ! jblnut
  10. jblnut

setup1 is a great AKer

Just wanted to give a shout out to Setup1 - great doing business with you! jblnut
  11. jblnut

I blame the NY audio show...Triode TRV-DAC1.0SE

...for turning me onto Qobuz and HD streaming in general. I was perfectly happy to stream Spotify and be satisfied that the sound was OK, but not quite on par with my Disc player or turntables. Well, that's all out the window now... Thanks to my good enabler friend baco99 I jumped on the...
  12. jblnut

Any CD-S2100/3000 Users Here?

I am curious if we have any owners of the latest gen SACD players here ? I am considering these (along with a few other comparable units) and would welcome any feedback. jblnut
  13. jblnut

Holy smokes...a meal with McIntosh!

I just got invited to a corporate event in NYC. The venue is the "Bouley Test Kitchen". Scroll down until you see the pic of the audio setup...B&W Nautilus + Mac mania ! This I will report back on :-) https://davidbouley.com/bouley-test-kitchen/ jblnut
  14. jblnut

Ortofon Kontrapunkt h

I recently added one of these to my rotation and thought I might share some thoughts on it. I don't see a lot of talk about these fine cartridges here (cost no doubt plays a role in that) so it seemed a good time to kick something off. I regularly rotate a few cartridges on my Yamaha GT-2000...
  15. jblnut

KrautNotRice is the real deal

Perfect transaction here with a stellar AK'er. jblnut
  16. jblnut

Calling in the Pros - who has done it

I find myself at an interesting juncture in this hobby. After decades of component upgrades and a recent acquisition of my "grail" speakers (Revel Salon 2's), I finally need to face facts - the room sucks. It's just too reflective and the wide dispersion of the Salons is putting a ton of mid and...
  17. jblnut

The McIntosh sound - voicing

OK - calling all McIntosh experts here, especially the amp gurus. Over time in this hobby, you repeatedly come across the topic of "voicing" or "why does this component have a certain sound". Some may dismiss this but I'm fairly certain it's true. What I'd like to know from those "in the know"...
  18. jblnut

Hoarder auction

http://hamilton-grp.com/upcoming-auctions/ This guy had an...extensive amount of gear. Jblnut
  19. jblnut

Big things underway

Been back and forth with Audio Classics all day...might be an endgame purchase afoot. Its not McIntosh exactly, but all my fellow enablers here will appreciate the 'swing for the fences' move. That much I can count on. All in I think I am looking at 400 Lbs headed my way, or I am borrowing a...
  20. jblnut

sinnerboy delivers

Thanks again for the great cartridge ! jblnut
  21. jblnut

Sonos - "You're Better than This"...Umm...no...we ARE this

Has anyone else seen this commercial? It was on during the NFL game last night. Might be fun to pick out all of the vintage gear here, but the overall message seems to be designed to poke fun at - US! I've never seen a commercial that calls out the average AK living room more than this one...
  22. jblnut

Experiences with air suspension > coil spring conversions

I got a great deal from my mechanic on an old 2002 Lexus LS430, which up until recently had been very reliable. Well now one of the rear air struts has blown out and I'm having some trouble figuring out what to do. The replacement strut from Lexus is $750 (ouch), if you can even find a one...
  23. jblnut

Rip it all out, put it all back

Well, I got my 10% this weekend and maybe more. The back story (in more ways than one): I decided I had made a crucial error at some point in my system build. I realized that I had the entire system running through a $5 20 year old 6 outlet surge protector on my wall. "Simple" I thought, just...
  24. jblnut

hrtattackcity is AOK

Very pleasant transaction and great packing/shipping speed! jblnut
  25. jblnut

BAT - great place for enthusiast vehicle swapping

Not sure why it took so long, but I just discovered bringatrailer.com and I'm hooked. It sorta reminds me of BT here, only with cars. It's only for interesting rides (no econo boxes or SUVs clogging up the site) and the comments are almost universally constructive and informative. You get to...
Back
Top Bottom