Search results

1. merrylander

Merrylander is fine and doing well!

Not really sure where this should go but I see 16 messages for me no doubt wanting wok om a stereo. Folks tomorrow I reach 93 and the hands and eyesight are not what they need to be to do that work so forgive me if I do't answere all 18 individually, Rob
  2. merrylander

2022 Fall Mid Atlantic get together at Ohighway's Sunday Nov. 6th from noon till 6pm.

Tomorrow is the seventh year since I lost that wonderful loving soulmate to our lousy for profit healthcare system. My beloved Florencia Delfina Cavazos Blakshaw. I traced he Spanish bloodline back to Castile in Spain. This was her the night of our wedding
  3. merrylander

2022 Fall Mid Atlantic get together at Ohighway's Sunday Nov. 6th from noon till 6pm.

Yeah I am styll alive, looking 92 in the face but COPD kinda limits my being away from the house for any real length of time before the battery goes flat and that is the so-called double sized battery but I will be with y'all in spirit. Have fun! I have a Yamaha K1000 cassette deck for which I...
  4. merrylander

Earliest "Boom box"

Yesterday during a Zoom conference, I had muted the big TV but left the picture on. I had been watching PBS and as the sound was off all I saw was this black and white clip of some young people, I am guessing Europe in the early 50s. One young woman was carrying this rectangular radio like...
  5. merrylander

Yamaha repairs

Having achieved the advanced age of 91 I can tell you all that there is no point messaging me for repair work. In fact I gave it up over six years back as my Florencia was still alive and she has been gone six years as of last October. Sorry.
  6. merrylander

AK Zoom Gathering Feb 6th @1:30pm EST

I would welcome the distraction.
  7. merrylander

2021 Mid Atlantic Fall AK Gathering at Ohighway's. It's ON -- 10-17-2021 @ 12:30pm

I realized yesterday that I can't be there because my portable oxygen machine battery is said to only last two hours. Frankly I have not even pushed it that far as yet so I don't know how true that is. I guess the bottles they left me were longer running but as they really ere not portable (not...
  8. merrylander

2021 Mid Atlantic Fall AK Gathering at Ohighway's. It's ON -- 10-17-2021 @ 12:30pm

Sorry to hear of both mother's passing though sitting here at 90 once you lose most of your faculties life loses much of it's charm. Well I am vaccinated and who knows may even have a booster by then so if the body is willing I might make it. Being almost from the generation ahead of all of you...
  9. merrylander

Mid-Atlantic April Zoom Gathering 4-11-21

Coming along quite nicely thanks, just as well as dragging 50 feet of air hose about behind me is a real PITA. Got the J&J vaccine couple of weeks back.
  10. merrylander

2020 Mid Atlantic Fall AK Gathering at Ohighway's.....cancelled.

Rick I don't look in often enough so please accept my belated condolences on you Father's passing.
  11. merrylander

Mid-Atlantic Fall Gathering 2020 Via Zoom!

Great session and as I noted it was good to hear other voices in the house besides my own for a change.
  12. merrylander

Mid Atlantic AK Gathering August 9th via Zoom

Yes indeed and this time I even managed to get the audio to work after downloading the Zoom software but it was a great time.
  13. merrylander

Mid Atlantic AK Gathering August 9th via Zoom

Well I downloaded Zoom's pgm so maybe this time my microphone will get connected.
  14. merrylander

A remark on the AK moderation / administration

Though I rarely post in here these days I still answer mail. Many thanks to all the mods and others who keep AAK running.
  15. merrylander

Mid-Atlantic Spring AK Gathering cancelled

Just so everyone stays well will be the best spring news I want to hear. All is fine here at Casa Blackshaw, me and the kitties are just fine.
  16. merrylander

Is it only on one side or on both? If both likely a cap in the power supply.

Is it only on one side or on both? If both likely a cap in the power supply.
  17. merrylander

Happy Birthday merrylander!

Why thank you all the good wishes are much appreciated. Yes it was a good day as I woke up in the morning and you can't ask for much more than that. As the Chinese measure it I have completed my 89th year here on this earth and today embarked on my 90th. Give the family track record I'm pushing...
  18. merrylander

2019 Mid Atlantic Fall AK gathering - Sunday Oct. 13 - 12 noon till 5pm. At ehoove's !!

Minor excitement when we arrived Chez Moi only to see a Howard Co Police van in the drive. Apparently my son had misplaced my new cell number and had been trying to check on me and in the end called in the gendarmerie. Lucky we got there when we did as the Fire Department was on its way...
  19. merrylander

2019 Mid Atlantic Fall AK gathering - Sunday Oct. 13 - 12 noon till 5pm. At ehoove's !!

Late to the party as usual. Thanks Jim for hosting the party. I got some neat LPs and really did not pay for all the standing about too much the next day. I have a bunch of Yamaha face plates that came off sets that were beyond repair, probably in the days before I learned how to etch new...
  20. merrylander

The cake arrived safely no thanks to the UPS driver. Checking on its status at 8:30 after having left lights on and the front inner door ajar the tracking said it was left on the front porch at 5:28PM. Now I had been checking the porch and the garage door regularly -0 no parcel. Well after...
  21. merrylander

Another body that is local as long as what needs done can be done sitting down, legs are not what they used to be. The cake was just ordered to be here on Friday.
  22. merrylander

Rick you know you have my prayers and while I know you have grown children here if there is anything they need that I can help with they only need call. Oops I have been getting upwards of 20 robocalls each day so I never answer but after the tone from the machine just yell Rob pick up. I will...
  23. merrylander

Jim I really don't know but i has all switches, motors and I lapped the heads so they are in good shape. I also lapped the heads on the one I have so I know my work did not screw things up as that was a number of years ago.
  24. merrylander

Super, next Monday I will order the cake and move the PX3 chassis into the garage.
  25. merrylander

Well this does present a small problem as I had been planning on driving to Rick.s in the Impala (yeah twenty years old and she runs like new) however the driver does not exactly run like new though my semi- annual checkup went pretty well yesterday. So Steve can I, the cake and a parts type...
Back
Top Bottom