Search results

1. B

Ongoing Pioneer PL-530 project

To Many turntables? Impossible state! Still, impressive rescue of the Pioneer \m/
  2. B

Oops, of course it is:D
  3. B

Stumbled in to this thread. Congrats with the restoration, you did really great. PL 530 is one of my favorites. Mine didn't have the cracked arm base problem, but I did a recap, a cleanup of the pot's, the foam pad renewal and I lubricated the center bearing. It was dry! I have a Dual 1019, a...
  4. B

Help with a needle for pioneer pl530

Denon DL110.
  5. B

IMF owners thread!

Updated scematic on the IMF tls50IIa: Left position: Top position: Right position: Dont flog me if I have done it wrong ... :dunno:
  6. B

IMF owners thread!

Ok Pilsern, now it really seems like this nice speakers has been well documented. So great you brought crossover specs and everything in. Thanks to this, my tls50's are now functional and playing, but with at handful of different film caps including some of the not to bad measuring old Alcaps. I...
  7. B

IMF owners thread!

Congrats! Looks good, and a nice Sansui amp. Hopefully they sound great to? Filter foam: http://www.dafa.dk/produkter/industri/products/ppi-filterskum A Danish company that I probably will try to contact.
  8. B

IMF owners thread!

This is a cute IMf. Thanks for the crossover values, this has been a great help. Most of my caps is now recapped with film caps. On your tweeters there is som kind of anti diffraction stuff in a square round the dome, what kind of material is this? My speakers had the tweeters and the super...
  9. B

KEF owners thread

I see , thanks.
  10. B

IMF International TLS 80's new owner!! Restoration to begin !

Impressive skills you've got Athanasios, very inspirational reading!
  11. B

KEF owners thread

I have restored these Kef Carlton II, a lot of things where wrong. Coating on one of the B200G's were almost gone and the some of the caps actually had turned into resistors. They where absolutely dead! A resistor in the crossover where meant to be 2R2, they where 22R. The surrounds where...
  12. B

IMF owners thread!

Starting to know the forum a little better, I wonder if I should have made a new forum thread for the restoration process? Well, hopefully I soon can put up the correct crossover layout and that will be it.
  13. B

IMF owners thread!

So, I have made a question about the crossover, with some luck he has already had the crossovers inspected, and maybe knows what the C2 should be. I have put in a 60uf, like the TLS50II. All recaps I have done are polycaps/film caps. This is of course not the way they were made, but until I know...
  14. B

IMF owners thread!

Interesting! I'll take a look, thanks. They are playing right now, but I'm not at all shure if I have found the right value on the C2. But it is a great speaker, think I'm close.
  15. B

Who's working on their gear this weekend ?

Got the IMF's crossovers working the best I could, forum and Falcon Acoustic's been a great help so far. And I got that 22r in the Kef Carlton II changed to the correct value: 2r2. What a difference! Great weekend.
  16. B

What's British in your system?

Wow, I like it!
  17. B

What's British in your system?

What a hole lot of wonderful British equipment. I'd like to contribute with a little more Richard Allan. New Golden 8 full range. DIY British racing green ace horn. Absolutely fine for a spin of Jazzmessengers, Wagner or Stones. And I've got some Kef Carlton in a secondary setup.
  18. B

IMF owners thread!

Hi canuckaudio, hope you're right. All the units DCR looks fine. A bit under the nominated 8ohm. The magnet on the bass isn't exactly small, the ferrite part is really beefy. Here's a version of the Coles 4001 from B&W DM4, another speaker in need for some care:
  19. B

IMF owners thread!

Thanks mech986, I'm afraid these pictures are the best labels from both speakers. Seems like these speakers have had all tweeters renewed and not only the crossovers done. One of the tweeters was dead, the burn had occurred between the faceplate and the voice oil, so I managed to make...
  20. B

IMF owners thread!

Hi Yvan. Yes it would be wonderful if somebody knew the specs on this cross over, eventually by takin a look inside another pair of mkIIa's. I tried to ask Falcon Acoustics, no answer so far. Maybe my question was a bit to unclear, struggling along with the English. Here's pictures of the units...
  21. B

IMF owners thread!

Hi and thanks everyone! The plague on the back of the speakers says its TLS 50 IIa's, and I made the drawing, because there obviously is an inductor more in my filters, than on all other drawings I have found on the Internet. There is no sign that there has been a core in the L2 inductor, and...
  22. B

IMF owners thread!

I'm sure they will be great, with a little tlc. There is a pair of Coles coming up, looking forward to get that right. But, does anybody know how the crossovers should be put together? I badly need some help, found the layout for the TLS 50 II here...
  23. B

IMF owners thread!

Hi, this is my very first post on this great forum. I really hope to find some help to understand and repair the crossovers in my new speakers. Actually, I'm quite lost by now. I found a pair of TLS 50 IIa, dirt cheap, in the local second hand shop. 27€! what a luck! At first they sound all...
Back
Top Bottom