Search results

1. nooshinjohn

My humble Setup...

No hum at all. The amps are DIY monoblocks built with the assistance of Bob Carver.
  2. nooshinjohn

Polk SDA-SRS 1.2....incredible....

I have had my modded SDA-SRS 1.2TL's for 6 years now, and prior to that, several other pairs of Polk SDA. The only other speaker I could have in place of them would be Magnepan MG-20.7's. I have had the big Maggies , but the trouble is they require a significant amount of room around the speaker...
  3. nooshinjohn

Looks alone: Best looking equipment?

Sometimes if you want to do it right, you gotta build the yourself.
  4. nooshinjohn

O.K. So it's not an early President.... but it is MY First Tube Fisher!!!

I looked into Sherman Clay... they have closed up shop as well.
  5. nooshinjohn

O.K. So it's not an early President.... but it is MY First Tube Fisher!!!

Nice save indeed. My President cabinet came from Penny Owsley as well.
  6. nooshinjohn

Documented 1957 Fisher President - found & purchased

Congratulations on your incredible find.
  7. nooshinjohn

1950's President found

I hope to be able to hear it someday. With all the effort you have put into this restoration, I bet it will sound better than many modern systems, including mine.:music:
  8. nooshinjohn

Putting an old friend back into service- Billy Graham’s amp

Hey Dave... you are stuck in the 70’s just like I am. Lol:cool:
  9. nooshinjohn

They are truly world class. I heard them when I was just a boy. They were practicing for a 4th of July concert in the Tabernacle in Salt Lake. Heard that massive pipe organ in all its glory. I didn’t really appreciate just how special that moment was until years later.
  10. nooshinjohn

The BEST car song not recorded by the Beach Boys

Pink Cadillac by The Pointer Sisters.....
  11. nooshinjohn

The BEST car song not recorded by the Beach Boys

Little Old Lady From Pasadena, and Deadman’s Curve...
  12. nooshinjohn

Looking for a Tube Amp Wizard

I have a big concept in mind and am looking for some help to see it through. It involves some amps/preamps and a couple other ideas. Sorry to be so sketchy on details at this time, but shoot me a PM with contact info and we can talk. Must be in Southern California, and the closer to the San...
  13. nooshinjohn

I would love to get my hands on Andy Kaufman’s turntable...
  14. nooshinjohn

Billy Graham was not a fake.
  15. nooshinjohn

The Fisher President MkIX Memory Chest

Wish this thread was about the restoration of a complete console, but at least the cabinet is on its way to a new life. I am using as many of the old parts as possible, but sadly much of the internals needed to be pulled to make way for my record collection. The cleaning and removal of the...
  16. nooshinjohn

Murder in the Hollywood Hills...

Starting a new thread in DIY... I am going to resurrect the cabinet as something I call a Memory Chest. In this way I can at least put it to very good use and preserve the look and feel of the old girl.
  17. nooshinjohn

Transfer vinyl collection to digital

Any thoughts of looking into the Sugar Cube?
  18. nooshinjohn

I’m surprised I could use the woofers to bake pies.:p
  19. nooshinjohn

The serial number on mine was 90038...
  20. nooshinjohn

The cabinet itself is cleaning up very well. It is like a time capsule. If I and bought the display sample, it would have looked no better. Pics tomorrow when I have some daylight.
  21. nooshinjohn

The drivers are all there inside the cabinet where they belong. The woofers remind me of pie tins.:cool:
  22. nooshinjohn

My humble Setup...

Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TL’s... fully restored and upgraded, with crossovers signed by Matt Polk.
  23. nooshinjohn

Looks like the turntable might be salvageable, but I would never use it anyway, as I have a TriangleArt for that purpose. The R2R is also easy to get, and maybe even the correct amplifier for it. The preamp and tuner are so far out of my range it will never happen. I would like to get the...
Back
Top Bottom