Search results

1. vintage 5.0

This passive sounds amazing

I am once again heading back to passives. I am not sure why they sound better with many of my amps but to me they do. I have had some pretty nice preamps. Some of them I still own. Quicksilver, Conrad Johnson, McCormack, VTL, GAS just to name a few. I have been doing most of my listening lately...
  2. vintage 5.0

Passive pre with tube amps

I have been running a rebuilt pair of Golden Tube Audio SE 40 in mono. I am going back and forth between a quicksilver tube line stage and a PS audio Superphon 100 passive preamp. There are things I really like with the passive. The vocals and mids are unreal. I think I might loose a little bit...
  3. vintage 5.0

Rustnrot is the Best!

I purchased a dac from him. It arrived fast and was like new. It was still in original box like it had never been used. It even had the small screen protector tape on it. He is one great guy to buy from. I would never hesitate to do business with him. I just wanted to say thankyou. Ken
  4. vintage 5.0

Any love of the GAS gear out there

I started out with a son of Ampzilla that was totally rebuilt. I liked the sound of that I got another and bi amp them. I then got a Thaedra rebuilt and that led to a Ampzilla. I then decided to get a Thalia Preamp. That led me to the Thoebe with Goliath. I really enjoyed all of it set up on...
  5. vintage 5.0

Question on splitting phono signal

I have one area where I basically run two setups. One is a tube preamp and set of mono amps. The other is a Great American Sound Company solid state pre and amp. I use one set of Thiel speakers CS 3.5 for both set ups with a switch box. My question is I have one turntable there and am now using...
  6. vintage 5.0

Superphon SP-100

I picked this up on the local market place. I have to say I had not heard of it before. I did a little research and it had some good feedback. It is a passive preamp with power. I was not familiar with Stan Warren but I have to say it sounds really great. I am playing it with a pair of...
  7. vintage 5.0

Step up transformer question

What would be a good step up transformer for this cart to hook up to the MM phono preamp.I am asking based on the specs of this cartridge. I am not wanting the brand. I want to know the proper amount of step up I would need for it to sound good.
  8. vintage 5.0

Tone arm weight question

I am using a GAS sleeping beauty cartridge I found. It sounds Really nice. It is super light 5.5 grams. I am using a VPI Scout II turntable. It has the JMW memorial tone arm. It will not balance out without me adding some weight to the headshell. I was just curious what others have used for...
  9. vintage 5.0

Crossover question

I have a set of Infinity Kappa 8.1 speakers. I want to biamp with two son of ampzilla amps I have. I was thinking of using a Dahlquist-DQ LP1 to do this. I was just wanting to know if there are better options for a cross over. I also wanted to know if the Dahlquist will work. I was also curious...
  10. vintage 5.0

Infinity 8.1 question

I got a pair of the infinity 8.1 speakers. I must first say I am very impressed. I like Sonus Faber and that kind of sound. I was not sure how I would like these. I really like them they are so clear and not only can loud but can creat a good sound space and image. My question is on the Poly...
  11. vintage 5.0

Speaker question

I picked these up for 80 bucks. They are Amrita speakers. I was told they were made by a company in Iowa. I am really amazed at the build quality. They have really nice wood cabinets and are quite heavy. They are mirror image speakers. The sound is really good. I was kind of surprised how nice...
  12. vintage 5.0

Canton Speakers

I picked up a nice pair of Canton Ergo 700 DC speakers. I am really impressed with them. The build quality is really nice. I am a fan of other German speakers and these did not disappoint. They are very fast accurate and have good imaging. I like the way the vocals and strings sound on these. I...
  13. vintage 5.0

Thiel CS 3.5 owners question

I need the dimensions of the name plate on the bottom of the speaker. I think it is 13" long. I need the width. I am maybe going to get a set made. Any info would be helpful.
  14. vintage 5.0

klamsoss is one of the best

Sam sent me a tweeter and the deal could not have gone better. He was great to communicate with and went out of his way to help me. It was packed perfect. I would not hesitate to buy or sell with him.
  15. vintage 5.0

Thiel Speaker spike question

Does anyone know what size speaker spike fits the Thiel speakers. I have a set of the CS 3.5 speakers and was wanting to find some spikes for them. I know they came with them but these do not have any with them. . I thought someone on here might know.
  16. vintage 5.0

F B night is one of a kind.

I had put an ad that I am looking for a original tweeter for a set of Thiel CS 3.5. I did not expect to have much luck. Well I thought if I did get an answer it would cost me more than I would want to spend to fix the speaker. Then Piper got in touch with me and he had just what I needed. He had...
  17. vintage 5.0

Theil CS 3.5

I just got some Theil speakers from a friend. They are the 3.5 with the speaker equalizer. Is it good to run these with the EQ or better with out it. This is one speaker I do not know lots about. It seems to be good quality. I am going to try and run it with my rebuilt Ampzilla and Thaedra...
  18. vintage 5.0

Infinity Speakers

I was looking at some infinity kappa speakers. They still have the polydome mids and they are working. They have some yellowing to them. My question is if you replace the original polydome speakers with the cloth covered ones does it change the sound. I was just wondering if anyone knew the...
  19. vintage 5.0

Mission Speakers

I picked up these Mission 771 book shelf speakers. All I can say is wow they really sound nice. Was not sure what to expect but the mids and highs are really nice. I can not believe for the price how nice these sound. I gave 80 bucks for them. First pair of Mission speakers I have used. I am...
  20. vintage 5.0

Speaker connection question

I got a pair of Mission 771 bookshelf speakers. Do the caps on the plugs pop off to let you attach banana plugs. If so what is the best way to do that.
  21. vintage 5.0

Question on MC cartridge

I am using a GAS Thaedra Preamp. I am running a ZU/DL-103R MK.II cart. It is moving coil. It seems when I use the MC head amp phono on the pre there is way to much gain. I can only get like two clicks on volume then it starts getting too loud. I then ran it on the MM and it sounds just right. My...
  22. vintage 5.0

TD90S is a good one

I sold him some speakers. The transaction could not have gone better. He was easy to communicate to. He was fast with payment. Highly recommend.
  23. vintage 5.0

Gas audio sounds great

I have had two rebuilt Sons of Ampzilla amps. I really like the way they sound. I just got a Thaedra Preamp that my friend totally went through and rebuilt it. He replaced all the caps and transistors. He cleaned all the controls and it is like a new amp inside. I was just listening to it and it...
  24. vintage 5.0

GAS Son OF Ampzilla

I just got another one of these today. I have a buddy that used to rebuild these amps. He would take them down to the case and rebuild the entire thing. I have to say I got one from him and noticed I would be listening to it more than the tube amps. I am a tube guy for the most part but this amp...
  25. vintage 5.0

7.62 one of the best

I sold him a B@K amp. He was very nice to deal with and is a stand up guy. I would never hesitate to do business with him. He is the kind of person that makes this a great place to buy and sell equipment.
Back
Top Bottom