Search results

1. C

Anyone ever heard a cornwall without the back on it ?

I must admit i was only kidding , but thanks to you guys you have givin me the best laugh i have had in years Thanks.
  2. C

Does anyone else think they like Vinyl because you know it goes through additional tubes?

Maybe the op means the sound between a tube pre and ss aux?
  3. C

SK32W Motorola Motorboat

clean the sockets too
  4. C

What is my best option for en entry into Tube for less than $500?

to the op this is the perfect time of the year to look . last xmas i lucked up on harmon kardon a-500 for 450.00 plus shipping It has been totally recapped and serviced . At first i thought something had to be wrong with it at that price , but i had it checked at a service center near me and...
  5. C

i forgot to mention he had them face the wall in the corners.
  6. C

i was at a friends home and he wanted me to hear his system . he had a very low budget tube amp , but he had klipsch cornwall speakers and the back of them was removed. yet he had them in the corners of his room . The sound i am not sure how to tell you the results . the sound was everywhere i...
  7. C

What got you into Klipsch?

Audiokarma
  8. C

Ebay "Serviced" amplifiers

To some this phrase means that unit was on for eight hours and nothing bad happened.
  9. C

technics Sa-616 left channel weak

When you first turn on after relay click left channel faint . Then if you leave on after about 45 mins to an hour left channel fades in to full power?
  10. C

What is your favorite "System demo" song and why?

I second the juinor wells on telarc the whole album has a killer live sound very natural .
  11. C

Why use an equalizer.

This a short rant to a long term solution . i have a marantz mr.1170 piece of end loudness wars crap was going to toss it because of its loud midrange design . It has a three step tone control set to boost the mid-section no matter how you increase or decrease the knob which sounds terrible...
  12. C

Tell me all the bad things about Cornwalls..

The best all around speaker for me , if i want to rock out or smooth jazz it or jam the blues . these will perform well what will do sometimes is neutralize all the tone controls in a small room and hit the loudness button and perfect sound . From five watts to one hundred watts i dont need...
  13. C

Need Review SAE PA-10 and P-10 Pre-Power Amplifier

The hum to which you speak sounds like a ground from the turntable or the screw located on the back of the pre amp. i have used the poer amp of this model with various pre amps all to my satisfaction this amp is very good because of low dampinng factor if you like that sound. I have used it...
  14. C

Why you like the sound of single ended triode tube amps ?

i have a glow amp one el-84 based amp that i use with three different pairs of speakers at some point . A vintage pair of lancer speakers that sound like sixties stereo and klipsch cornwalls are overkill but sound good and the cerwin vega dx9 series speakers . the cerwin vega speakers sound...
  15. C

harman kardon a-500

I am running cornwalls right now , but i dont know this amp sounds the way it should. i switch out the tubes but it seem that the ones that came with the amp are more powerful.
  16. C

harman kardon a-500

I just ask quiet but not a lot of gain.
  17. C

harman kardon a-500

I have some 7355 tubes for this amp that read 58ma,59,59,60 are these too low to use for this amp. I dont know but this is what i was told by the seller.
  18. C

Happy Birthday to Bigyank!

Happy belated birthday big Yank.
  19. C

gem tune bl-02 input needed

I own the kt88 model that was purchased from amazon . At first hookup was not happy with sound until i upgraded the tubes . Now it sounds good 3d sound when those tubes open up.
  20. C

GEMtune kt88 amp

I feel as though i must give an update ,for it is only fair . After finding out there was an issue with my speaker wires . There is nothing wrong with this amp or the gold lion tubes . It seems the meters were responding to the bad speaker wires that i used the ever fraying monster cable. So i...
  21. C

Just Picked Up Some Fisher Equipment

:banana:
  22. C

Tubes and cornwall's

I own cornwalls also and after various amp try outs . I settled on an harman kardon a-500 and a glow audio sep amp . all cost me a total of 775.00 harman kardon was bought from audiophile collector from japan total rebuilt and rated at 25 watts . The glow audio i use at night it smooths out bass...
  23. C

Technics SA-700 Right channel Help

Just fyi i have one of these and the output trouble can come from dirty moniter switches and volume control on this model and also pull the pre-amp ,power amp connecters and use rca jacks those metal connecters somtime become damaged.
  24. C

harmon kardon A-500

My amp will lose the left channel randomly , dont know why but during playback left channel cuts out no hum no noise just quiet. I thought it was tubes so i bought replacements and the same thing happens please help.
  25. C

Gold lion kt-88 tubes

Thank you i guess it wouldnt hurt to ask.
Back
Top Bottom