Search results

1. audioAl

My new "5.1" Infinity System!!

Man, are those small ones RS 1001"s?
  2. audioAl

What amp drives your Infinities?

Yamaha V-465 HT for my quad RS 1001's in 5.1 surround.
  3. audioAl

Asus sound cards - How good are they

I recently replaced a Creative Audigy with the Asus Xonar DS-R and the analog out is good, I am about to try the optical out. I can't find anyone here who has tried the optical or toslink.
  4. audioAl

Blown Infinity RS1001's

As to replacement cost, are they worth fixing? I have four of these bookshelf speakers.
  5. audioAl

Neil Young at the Los Angeles Music Center

It's a collector item for sure!
  6. audioAl

Greg Allman

He's got a new CD out! I've heard one cut on the FM tuner and it sounded great! Anyone else?
  7. audioAl

Any thoughts about RX-V990 receiver?

That's Brutal, I recently purchased the RX-V465 7.1 HT Receiver and it was $399.00 on newegg.com. It does what I need with such clarity my visitor's always say, that sounds so clear. I'm hooked.
  8. audioAl

mp3 on the computer

Foobar2000v.1.1 is my player. and I've tried Winamp & Media Monkey. I prefer Foobar 2000. No one here is talking about upsampling much?
  9. audioAl

Looking for a sound card , digital coaxial out

New listening room Yes, thanks. I recently moved from Houston, semi-retired electronic technician. I'll try and photo my new listening room soon. I do HTPC to Yamaha V-465 receiver, Infinity and Cambridge SoundWorks speakers. Near field setup, 9'x14' the king size bed is awkward.
  10. audioAl

Internet Radio Stations

Wolfgang is familiar I've experienced this it's good!
  11. audioAl

Yamaha on Tubes

Nice, I want speakers like yours for my near-field setup.
  12. audioAl

Asus Xonar DS optical out

Anyone here use the optical out or toslink on this sound card? I'd like to get an opinion.
  13. audioAl

Best conversion settings ?

XP isn't bad audio. Maybe purchase a new sound card?
  14. audioAl

DAC between my Imac (primary source) and my Preamp?

USB Dac or optical ? Question many have troubled over for many years now. I just purchased an Asus Xonar DS-R 7.1 card and am itching to try the optical out. The claim is optical = no efi interference.Cheers!
  15. audioAl

Looking for a sound card , digital coaxial out

Yes, I recently purchased the Asus Xonar DS-R for $40.00 poen box on newegg.com. The difference over my old Diamond 7.1 is very decent.
  16. audioAl

Any value in using 'ultra fast' power supply diodes?

I'd be interested in the outcome,Cheers!
  17. audioAl

New Vista Ultimate 32 bit

Well, my windows machine died, mainboard problems. So I am building an Intel e5300 CPU, on a ECS mainboard has GMA X 4500 graphics onboard. I've never built an Intel machine, always AMD cpu's. I got this combo deal at newegg. Includes Seagate hard drive 500 gig, and 4gigs of 800 Mhz ram from...
  18. audioAl

How do you buy another amp without wife'y finiding out about it

Unreal Closet I want a closet like that!! That is Sweet! Oh, I hope the wife don't read .Org here.
  19. audioAl

What ya listenin to? MMJ, KoL

KoL DVD Man, I hope so! I will buy their dvd, I have MMJ's DVD, Cheers! Enjoy the show
  20. audioAl

Who listens to their tunes with the LOUDNESS on?

Loudness I use it a great deal, I like the bass punch! Cheers!
  21. audioAl

PC as source component

Htpc Yep,I built an HTPC on an AMD 5600 duo-core platform, OS is Linux openSUSE, 4 gigs of 800 Mhz Corsair ram, EVGA 8600 graphics, Diamond XS sound card line-in to Sony STR HT receiver. My mainboard is MSI Neo V6, sounds great! I use Amarok player for now, am learning how to use MPD w/ Minion.
  22. audioAl

Where to Begin with a Linux System?

Linux MPD Hello Steve, I have Linux openSUSE 32 bit on DVD, came with a Linux magazine I bought, also have 64 bit DVD. The latest Buzz on Linux audio is Mint using Gnome Gloria MPD w/ Minion and EAC.audioasylum.com can help you further. I use an internal audio card Diamond XS, line-in to my...
  23. audioAl

Please Post your Infinity speakers

RS 1001 Quad Yes I'm new to the forum, I own 4 Infinity 1001 series speakers and mate them to Cambridge SoundWorks subs and center for 5.1 HTPC. They sound great, kinda old but so am I, cheers! Alan in sunny Seadrift
  24. audioAl

KLH 3 - analog bass computer...what??

Klh I use KLH 6 Titans for surrounds in my HTPC, We all miss Henry.
  25. audioAl

What ya listenin to? MMJ, KoL

Shoals Ehoove I lived in Mississippi, Southhaven for a few years, working in Memphis as a remodeling contractor. Yes this Kings of Leon is an up a comming group to watch. Cheers!
Back
Top Bottom