Search results

1. Sandstrom

Hey! I sent you a PM with some information/observations on that arm. best of luck!

Hey! I sent you a PM with some information/observations on that arm. best of luck!
  2. Sandstrom

Does GM ever have an original styling idea.

A lot of good points being made here. Personally, I would say that styling is pretty dodgy and mimicked across most automakers. I feel that some of the weird styling cues arise from "necessity"/safety: 1) The "shallow" chopped look. I have long suspected that this is due to safety desires...
  3. Sandstrom

What is one of your most prized LPs, and why?

Found this gem sitting on the wall at a permanent flea market record seller's place. I walked in, saw it (my heart skipped a beat) and said to that owner "Is that original?" He told me I was the first person who ever came in that knew what it was. His price was more than I had ever paid for a...
  4. Sandstrom

Unpopular opinion

Very cool I will have to check Darell Lee's and that episode out!
  5. Sandstrom

Unpopular opinion

The black, I am also the guy who will gladly take all of the black jelly beans. My daughter, upon trying black licorice, stated "it tastes like sadness" :)
  6. Sandstrom

Unpopular opinion

I like Licorice
  7. Sandstrom

What was your favorite Saturday Morning Cartoon?

Brilliant! I think you must be correct! :rflmao:
  8. Sandstrom

Mystery speakers - does anyone know what these are?

Nice! Yes I believe these would have originally had sculpted foam grills from what little I have been able to dig up on these speakers. Your choice of beige is excellent and should look beautiful when you are done!
  9. Sandstrom

These are likely Tru-Sonics in name but I suspect that this model is from the early 70s when they were already absorbed into the Utah fold (not the California made stuff from the 50s and 60s. Nonetheless I would be they will sound very nice. You will have to let us know your impressions of them...
  10. Sandstrom

YES and welcome to AK!
  11. Sandstrom

I did a search for JR200M and this image came up from a long gone Ebay listing:
  12. Sandstrom

Those look a lot like Trusonic JR100M or JR200M, both speakers being pretty much the same but the former had a 10" woofer and the latter a 12" woofer. I believe they would have been from around the time that UTAH was the same company (long after the halcyon days of Stephens/Trusonic), they...
  13. Sandstrom

Any thoughts on this TT ???

I agree. I suspect there are probably tables you could find that would equal or better it that will be less expensive because they aren't the Marantz brand that seems to include a premium due to collector desirability. Unless of course you are a Marantz fanatic, in which case have at it! :)
  14. Sandstrom

What would you do? Choice between a Thorens TD-160 and Kenwood KD-550

I had thought about including some recos but this can be such a personal choice. If it were me, I would probably consider seeing if I could get a nice, gently used Sota or VPI if I wanted a belt drive, or Technics SP10 MKII or one of the higher end, Denon DP series if I wanted to go the direct...
  15. Sandstrom

Happy Birthday Cactus Bob!

Cactus Bob rules! Happy Birthday!
  16. Sandstrom

What would you do? Choice between a Thorens TD-160 and Kenwood KD-550

I'll play devil's advocate. How about selling both and get something even more righteous? :D
  17. Sandstrom

Ginger Baker slipping away

An excellent documentary! So sad to hear about this...
  18. Sandstrom

The Hu, A Mongolian Rock band. Conan The Barbarian music

Very Cool, thanks for sharing!
  19. Sandstrom

Identify old tonearm?

Definitely interesting, probably would be good for 78s and early mono LPs...
  20. Sandstrom

Identify old tonearm?

21. Sandstrom

Identify old tonearm?

There's one I've never heard of, very interesting, reminds me of the old Livingston A-16
  22. Sandstrom

Favorite Female Artists Doing Classic Rock?

Annie Haslam!
  23. Sandstrom

1980 Corvette four door sedan.

I don't know, I agree with Heather, it is sort of stupendous in a pure 70s way. :biggrin:
  24. Sandstrom

Speaker ID, Guesses Really

I could totally see Utahs making an appearance in these...
  25. Sandstrom

Speaker ID, Guesses Really

Definitely agree with them undoubtably being rear mounted. but from the slight impression I can see on the grill cloth and assuming that OP received an accurate dimension of 25" wide, that opening doesn't look large enough for a rear mounted 15.
Back
Top Bottom