Search results

1. Sandstrom

Removing Strain Relief Clips TD126?

Hi All, I am working on a first generation TD126 and really want to get the suspension set up right but the plastic bottom cover has these 2 plastic clips that cover channels to provide strain relief for the signal and power leads. I really don't want to attempt to set this table up with the...
  2. Sandstrom

Advice – US compared to EU 220v

I wanted to check in with the collective wisdom here on something I am working on. Tried posting in response to an old thread that was related but think my post got lost there so thought I'd start a fresh thread in hopes of finding the answer to what I think is a simple question. I recently...
  3. Sandstrom

Affordable Scott Wide C Case (ebay)

I was hesitant to post as I don't want to seem like I am a shill for this sale or anything (no affiliation, promise). I stumbled upon this listing for what was simply listed as an 'Amplifier Wooden Cabinet' and when double checking the measurements shown in the listing images I realized that...
  4. Sandstrom

Can you check my crossover 'layout' for me? (Altec)

Hi folks, I am slowly working towards setting up some Altec drivers similar to the JE labs 414/802 combo shown on his great site. I acquired some nice 802s with refreshed 16 ohm diaphragms (GPA), some Rauland Borg horns (seem to be Emilar made) a single Altec 32C to try, as well as some of the...
  5. Sandstrom

CNN Article: "What does your favorite music say about you?"

http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/31/health/what-music-reveals-about-personality/index.html A friend sent me this link, if you'd like you can take their little quiz to see where your land. I ended up with "Balanced". And here all these years I thought I was decidedly "Unbalanced" :D
  6. Sandstrom

'Beautiful' way to add mass to a pair of 1200 plinths

Now where did I put that Bedazzler?!... http://www.ebay.com/itm/TECHNICS-TURNTABLE-SL-1200-MK/291982675204?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D40130%26meid%3D5dd021ad52d74b88a033827ba1e9e8a5%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D5%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D282454146829
  7. Sandstrom

What?! Huh?! Cheeto? Gorilla?

I really don't know what to say about this except somebody and their accomplice friends must get some serious enjoyment out of running up bogus bids on absurd items... http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2017/02/06/harambe-shaped-cheeto-reaches-bid-nearly-100k-ebay/97567340/
  8. Sandstrom

Magnepan MG20 value?

Hello Ladies and Gents, a good friend has a pair of these (original MG20's) that he's had stored at a house he owns since the mid 90's. He is the original owner (think he bought them around '91?) and has been speaking to some individuals about a sale as he needs to get them out of the house as...
  9. Sandstrom

Apologies in advance, just had to share this...

Was poking around the auction site and stumbled upon this, speechless really—just had to share with you all.
  10. Sandstrom

Help me with my new WE91B 300b SE amp

Hello Guys and Gals, I just received this new Western Electric clone WE91b 300b amplifier from Japan today. I couldn't resist such a wonderful cobbling of what appear to be quality parts and have been wanting to try out a SET amp for some time I have some Altec drivers that I just haven't been...
  11. Sandstrom

THANKS kcin!!!

Lest we forget any of our AK friends from the Northern Territories, I wanted to post how much I appreciate Nick. He was kind enough to make a deal with me on some much needed Quad Phono/Tape adapters and a Quad tuner helping put me that much closer to completing my mono system. Everything...
  12. Sandstrom

Anyone recognize these speakers?

Hi All-noticed these on the local CL and was wondering if anyone knows what they are? Never seen anything quite like them before. http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/ele/4906829486.html Thanks! Brian
  13. Sandstrom

Anyone have a 34(X) Scott Solid State Receiver?

Hi All- I had been getting unreliable connectivity with the AC power cord on my Scott 499 amplifier and had assumed that either the jack was failing or that the various cheater cords I had tried were not ideally sized for the receptacle. The only consistent thing was that no matter what cord I...
  14. Sandstrom

Maple SX-750 anyone?

Sorry Silver Face purists but I had been promising I would replace the shabby vinyl on my friend's otherwise nice condition SX-750 with Maple veneer for a while. Well I finally finished it today and I am reasonably pleased. I think she will be happy, she has a lot of mid century blonde...
  15. Sandstrom

jcricket is one of the best!

Mark made a great deal for me on some horns and shipped them quick and safe. Would be happy to do business with him anytime again and recommend him as a top notch AK barterer! :thmbsp::thmbsp::thmbsp: Brian
  16. Sandstrom

Pilot SA-260 EL-34 amp?

Hi All- I just returned a little while ago to answer a Craigslist ad for an Akai AT-2600 Tuner. This guy had a lot of stuff, He had a Conrad Johnson Amplifier with some of the biggest Tubes I have ever seen. He demo'd the Tuner through a Pilot SA-260 amp that he claimed he never did anything...
  17. Sandstrom

HH Scott 499!!

Hi Everybody, I have an interesting regarding a Scott 499 I recently ran across on the auction site. I would periodically search for this unit as I have wanted to acquire one ever since I learned of it's existence. It always fascinated me as the earliest 4 channel unit I had ever seen, I...
  18. Sandstrom

Heads up Louisville CL

These transformers alone HAVE to be worth the price of admission...:yes: http://louisville.craigslist.org/ele/4366860599.html Brian
  19. Sandstrom

Marantz 2500 Cincinnati CL

http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/ele/4346627272.html Hello Folks—not a Marantz guy myself but seem to remember these are pretty rare beasts. Guessing this price is top of the mark though but he could be open to offers. Just thought I would share in case anybody out there is searching for such...
  20. Sandstrom

Shure M91 and Michell Tecnoarm?

Hi folks—currently have a Michell Tecnoarm on it's way to me and am trying to figure out what would be a good cartridge to run on it. Mostly I have been listening to an M7D on an old Rek-O-Kut arm through my Fisher 500b. I have been looking at all kinds of new and used options and my head is...
  21. Sandstrom

Barzilay cabs! help me fill 'em...

Hi All- Picked up a pair of beautiful Barzilay cabinets locally today. I had been keeping my eye out for some nice decent size cabinets to populate with some vintage efficient drivers for use with my Fisher 500B. Was hoping that you all might way in and give me some suggestions of what to...
  22. Sandstrom

Phase issue finally solved!

My system has been driving me mad lately.... I have been recognizing a phasing issue with my speakers when hooked up to my 500B. Using the phase reverse switch clearly brought the image into perfect focus but only when it was in the "on" position. Frankly this was driving me nuts and I...
  23. Sandstrom

Speaker ID help?

Hi Folks, could some of you with keener eyes than I determine what these might be? http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/ele/4261115798.html They seem to be of some quality, I can make out bi-amp capability in the back but have no idea what these might be. I can see that there are some small...
  24. Sandstrom

Merry Bozak Recap!

Hi Guys and Gals- Santa brought me some new Dayton's for Xmas so I decided to dive right in and replace those more than a decade old caps that have been residing in my 302a speakers. I decided to stick with the crossovers as designed as I have early versions with the all paper drivers and...
  25. Sandstrom

Esoteric "Troubador" Replacement Motor/Speed Controller

Hi All- Have any of you seen this? I stumbled across this while looking at the Esoteric site. Very interesting idea for breathing new life and flexibility into the belt driven Rek-o-kuts (and potentially other brands). Hopefully it is ok to post this link here (just for reference/more...
Back
Top Bottom