Search results

1. davidro

That little plastic disk in the ARXA platter bearing well

Thanks Marc same size to the arm bearing pad?
  2. davidro

That little plastic disk in the ARXA platter bearing well

Hello long time no AK and resurrecting an old thread. Getting my ARXA revived and I need them derlin pads. The shipping from the States is prohibitive while someone local says he can help. Anyone knows the dimension of these pads at all? Cheers
  3. davidro

Apple nightmare for ipad and .....

Why? Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  4. davidro

Specifically, in what ways will sound quality be improved by a DAC?

I dont consider specs to be all prevailing either, Pete. I just thought jitter is something that can clearly be measured though. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  5. davidro

But isn't he showing the measurements as opposed to pure opinion there?
  6. davidro

Interesting, so what's this guy doing wrong? http://www.kenrockwell.com/apple/airport-express-audio-quality-2014.htm#meas
  7. davidro

What does it do other than reducing the jitter? I've read elsewhere that optical signal from something so modest like Airport Express does practically nil jitter. Better performing than say Sony 777ES SACDP.
  8. davidro

Apple nightmare for ipad and .....

I've only recently started to stream music from iPad to Airport Express. Effin' love it. I use a French based streaming service called Qobuz due to their vast classical catalogue. Now due to their geographic restrictions, getting around THAT was effin' difficult. But the route with Apple was...
  9. davidro

TPA 3116 vs the tripaths

Thanks a lot! How about the audiobah green board? Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  10. davidro

Azurahorns & active, quad-amping system

Nice. Yeah these horns are really musical with none of that horn shouts. I've gone all-tube amplification for the horns and the result is just stunning. Sent from my X10a using Tapatalk 2
  11. davidro

TPA 3116 vs the tripaths

How do I keep the gain of blue/black board lower without adding a volume control?
  12. davidro

Line Magnetic Audio CD 515

Richard, what stops you from buying an AN DAC instead? Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  13. davidro

TPA3116 for active quad-amping?

My PSU is 2.5a with two output tabs. Can it handle three TPA boards? Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  14. davidro

Surveillance camera LR PSU - good for audio?

While looking for some linear regulated power supply I ran into a number of such devices for surveillance cameras. I also saw how surveillance cameras are sensitive electronics. Does it have any bearing upon utilising the PSU for audio purposes?
  15. davidro

Decorative 'Edison' bulb lamp causing strong buzz/hum

I haven't seen any Lutrons here. We're 230/240.
  16. davidro

Hooked up new Crown XLS1500 amp today...

So the Crown lovers - the fans don't annoy you at all?
  17. davidro

Sounds real technical. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  18. davidro

Thanks guys. Oh well when I play turntable at night I could either just use candles or don't turn down the dimmer. I've got a couple of this type lamps btw. They look so pretty :) Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  19. davidro

Ok it seems dimming the lamp does it. Dimmer the louder. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  20. davidro

Weird there's no hum tonight. And there's even another amp Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  21. davidro

The true reason why vintage JBLs are so popular in Japan

While there's no factual source the OP I feel hasn't deviated from the actual scene too much. But he seemingly does not appreciate that there are quite a few variants among the Japanese philes. Klipsch fans are there. So are the AR fans (the pre-9 classics only). There are B&W fanatics. What's...
  22. davidro

Is it Time For Class A/AB to D ?

Consider SDS Class-D amps. Small footprint, mega power, less bling on chassis, inexpensive & nil fan. Driving the bass bins in my active amping rig. Sent from my X10a using Tapatalk 2
  23. davidro

Damn might as well settle with candles when spinning vinyl. Sent from my X10a using Tapatalk 2
  24. davidro

Wheredo I get this cheap? Sent from my X10a using Tapatalk 2
Back
Top Bottom