Search results

1. H

EICO 667 tube tester repair

I have a 667 tester with a bad plate pot. Its the hard to find wirewound 3k at 3W. Does anyone know where to find one of these? Thanks
  2. H

Fisher 800c Alternate Tube

I was looking at the schematic for the Fisher 800c and thinking about tube alternates. Has anyone ever tried to use a 7427 / 12DW7 right in front of the output tubes? Pins 678 are the 12ax7 and pins 123 line up with the 12au7. Im thinking that would be perfect as a gain followed by a driver...
  3. H

Harman Kardon Citation II Turret Board

I am restoring a Citation II and it has the black turret boards. In reading online people say they become conductive. Has anyone heard or experienced this here? I found a board on eBay that looks like it will work...
  4. H

Restoring Fisher 800-B Need Schematic

I did a web search for a schematic, I found a nice large easy to read schematic but its a different version than I have. In the schematic I found there is a quad 50uF cap that has 125 ohm resistors across it, in the one on my bench they are different. The serial number is: 23893D. This unit...
  5. H

LEAK Stereo 50 Restore

I have a Leak Stereo 50 on my bench and I was able to find the schematic, but I am looking for more information like the manual with the specs and possible tube substitutions. I replaced the capacitors and checked the values of the resistors and I ran the amp with a GE 5AR4 and found that the...
  6. H

Noisy JJ Tubes?

I bought the new JJ 6SL7 tubes and tried them in my amp, I heard an intermittent scratchy / rustling noise. I have found this on two different JJ tubes. I tried an old stock tube and there was no noise. Has anyone else had this experience with the new JJ tubes? I am wondering if this is a fluke...
  7. H

McIntosh MC60 Circuit Differences / Restoration

I am recapping a pair of MC60 amps for a friend and the serial numbers are 3XXX and 7XXX there are lots of differences between these two amps. The board layout is completely different and the bias section is different as well. The first amp I replaced the selenium rectifier with silicon and...
  8. H

McIntosh MC60 Power Amp Power Supply Question

I have noticed that this amp has 80uF of capacitance right after the two 5U4 tubes. Wouldn't this amount of capacitance cause arcing of the rectifiers? Has anyone changed this when replacing the capacitors in this unit? Would it be better to reduce the input capacitance? I plan to replace the...
  9. H

McIntosh 40 MC40 Can I use KT88 or 6550?

McIntosh 40 MC40 Can I use KT88 or 6550? Does anyone know the current capability of the filament winding of the power transformer? Thanks
  10. H

Upgrading / Updating a Threshold FET ten/pc

I am going through an oldie but goodie FET ten/pc, and I changed all the electrolytic caps and I would like to upgrade the caps in the signal path. Has anyone changed these caps? I see four 10uf axial polyester caps as well as four 1uf axial caps in place, I dont have a schematic of this unit...
  11. H

Kenwood L1000T Tuner with Bad Display

A friend of mine has a Kenwood L1000T Tuner that he loves and wants to repair it. The display does not light up except for 4 tiny dots. Does anyone have or knows where to get a display? Thanks!!
  12. H

Sherwood S-5500 Schematic

I am looking for a schematic for a Sherwood S-5500 amplifier. This amp has the 7591 output tubes that are horizontally mounted and 5 12AX7 tubes. The rectifier is a voltage doubler. I have looked on google and I can only find the S-5000 schematic and it looks close to this amplifier. Does...
  13. H

Citation II Project Painted Chassis Cleaning

I am working on a Deuce, and I have removed all components on the chassis for a full rebuild. This chassis needs cleaning after the decades of use. I am looking for a cleaner that will not harm the paint or silk screen on this original amp. Do you know of any good cleaners for this purpose...
  14. H

Audio Stores in Great Britain?

I have a buddy thats going to visit family in GB, he was wondering if there are any audiophile stores he could visit while there. Are there any places there you could go and buy vintage Mullard or Brimar tubes? Thanks!
  15. H

I need help finding a schematic for Teeco Receiver

I picked up a stereo tube receiver this weekend and I am having trouble finding a schematic. Its a teeco mxr-290, I was able to find the manual but no luck with schematic. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!!
  16. H

Rega RP1 Upgrade Question

Rega RP1 and Ortofon 2M Blue Upgrade Question I have a Rega RP1 and I just got a pre owned Ortofon 2M Blue and I have it set to 1.8g tracking. I was wondering if anyone else has found a sweet spot for the settings of tracking and anti-skate for this set up. How do you know when its time to...
  17. H

Sansui AU-70 Noise Issue

I just recapped a Sansui AU-70 and I am getting noise on the output at about 700 mV out. If I go higher the noise appears on the bottom half of the wave as well. If I go even higher the output becomes a loud and unstable mess. I have this running into my 8 ohm load right now so my speakers are...
  18. H

KT88 Single Ended Question

I am building a stereo single ended amplifier and I have it configured for fixed bias. My bias voltage goes down to -30V so I am good there. What I want to know is what to run these tubes at current wise. I have a 1 ohm resistor from each cathode to ground and my supply runs at about 330 on...
  19. H

Anyone using Metcal soldering stations?

I have a Weller WES51 solder station and I am wondering if a Metcal unit would be an upgrade. I have been searching the bay for alternates and used Metcal units are about or just under what I paid for my current solder station. My research says it would be an upgrade but I wanted to ask the...
  20. H

Eico hf-81 pop!!

Listening to my EICO today, and I heard a loud pop out of the right speaker. The music kept playing so I turned it off and checked under the lid. Nothing looks like it got hot and everything is there. I cleaned and retentioned the sockets in case it was a dirty connection. Have any of you...
  21. H

Firestone S-7403-4 Vintage Radio Schematic

Looking for a Firestone S-7403-4 Vintage radio schematic. Anyone have it?
  22. H

GE Single Ended Stereo Amplifier Schematic

I found this schematic in a GE Manual. Has any one ever seen or built this circuit? Thanks.
  23. H

Magnavox Amplifier Rebuild 185 / 175

Magnavox Amplifier Rebuild 185 / 175 Question I just rebuilt a Magnavox 185 with the 175 circuit. I noticed the two channels have different feedback circuits. Channel 1 has 2.2k in parallel with a 1000pF, and Channel 2 has a 5.6K in parallel with 470pF. I have the doubled the channel 1...
  24. H

EICO HF-81 60 Hz Hummmmmmmm

I just bought and rebuilt an EICO HF-81 amplifier changing the electrolytic caps and the signal coupling caps. I brought it up on my variac hooked up to a load box and injected a 1 kHz signal for testing. I found upon rotating the pot the wave got crazy, Scratchy pot, I plan on shooting some...
  25. H

Magnavox 185 Amplifier rebuild

I just got a 185 and I am looking to rebuild the entire amplifier. I am looking for a schematic that encompasses recommended modifications. I plan to install 5 way binding posts, power switch, and RCA input connectors. This unit has the ceramic input gain stage. Would I benefit from...
Back
Top Bottom