Search results

1. B

Topping D70s vs. DX7 Pro

I've been looking for a DAC to add to the Bluesound Node2 and wondered if anyone could opine on the differences between these two. The D70s is DAC only whereas the DX7 Pro combines that with a headphone amp. They both cost the same so I was wondering if the 70 puts more under the hood to go...
  2. B

Exact Audio Copy Question

Hope this is the correct sub-forum for this. I installed EAC on my latest desktop. It defaults now to another data base than FreeDB (can't remember if this is the exact title or not) which was the default choice. The new one charges a fee. How would I get the old FreeDB into the new EAC? TIA
  3. B

Pre LP Sale Question

I don't know if I should post here or in Bartertown - Media but didn't want to run afoul of any rule prohibiting a post there that wasn't listing anything. I'm getting ready to sell a lot of my LP's. My main question is: How do you ship them these days? I will send them as media mail but finding...
  4. B

Fidelify app for Spotify

This program was mentioned on the TIDAL thread but I don't want to hi-jack that thread & am starting this one to pertain to Fidelify itself. Are you using it? What are your opinions? I downloaded it yesterday & am running it with the iFi version if ASIO (I have the iDSD Micro) but you can run it...
  5. B

Local B&M Stereo Store Owner Gets Props On Public Radio

WITF, the public radio station from Harrisburg, PA recently interviewed Matt Early, proprietor of Now Listen Here, a stereo store in Lancaster, PA. The interview has already aired but it can be heard from the link provided below...
  6. B

Do Cables Make A Difference? - Another Opinion

OK folks, hope your sense of humor is active today :) http://audiomatters.blogspot.com/2015/01/hitler-finds-out-results-from-cable-abx.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+blogspot%2FIPuyM+%28AudioMatters%29
  7. B

RIP Tim Hauser

If this is on an inappropriate forum I apologize & ask the moderators to move it to the correct one. I got to see Manhattan Transfer back in the mid 70's when they were the house act at Max's Kansas City in NYC. My favorite album of theirs is the live one recorded back in the late 70's...
  8. B

Apple Phasing Out Beats?

http://www.androidauthority.com/beats-music-brand-phase-out-529054/ OK, I've given Beats a try, since they were replacing my(our?) beloved MOG but if this happens I'm outa there. Let the pontificating, rabid polemics, "I-don't-give-a-crap-isms", bloviating, etc. begin :) I'd start a betting...
  9. B

Tape For Vibration Damping?

I hope this is the correct forum for this. I have a Rogue Audio 99 Super Magnum preamp. It has some NOS Sylvanias in it but still exhibits a small amount of microphonics. It has a pretty heavy cover that is in contact with the chassis around all its edges. I was wondering if putting a thin strip...
  10. B

Family Photo

After multiple tries & struggles I think I've finally gotten this to post correctly. Anyway, from the inside working outwards: Infinite slope model .6's, model 1's & model 2's Not the complete family but I'm certainly more than happy with what I have. They shore are a purty family...
  11. B

Resistance on Infinity Reference Studio Monitors

Does anyone know what the resistance is on Infinity Reference Studio Monitors? They don't have that info on Bobby Shred's web site. I would guess they are 8 ohms but can find no evidence to confirm or refute that. Thanks. Ben
  12. B

Superscope Reciever In Lancaster Co., PA

Here's a CL ad for a Superscope receiver for $100. I have no association with the seller (or even know who they are) but I see some interest shown in Superscope pieces on the forums. It looks like it has a few cosmetic issues. http://lancaster.craigslist.org/ele/4160188229.html There's...
  13. B

Stupid Question Of The Day (Digital Cables)

The title says it all, but I'll man up & admit my ignorance in this matter. Can a regular audio cord w/ rca plugs be used as a digital cable? The short answer is yes, since I'm doing that right now. But sound quality-wise does using an "official" digital cable give you a better signal? Right now...
  14. B

Replacement Tweeters For JSE Infinite Slope Model 1

I have a pair of Infinite Slope model 1's. The tweeters are Dynaudio D-28 AF's. They both work, however one is noticably lower than the other in both volume & a little in actual high frequency coverage too. I switched them around to make sure the problem was in the tweeter, not the crossover. My...
  15. B

Do Tube Gallbladders Sound Better Than Solid State?

Cruising the auction site tonight & came upon a preamp from China (actually it looks like it might be an integrated instead). I don't want to run afoul of AK regs on posting ebay links but will just paste part of the text in the ad: SP-10 Tube Pre-Amp Preamplifier SP-10 Tube Pro-Amp...
  16. B

Replacement Woofer For Baby Advent II's

I was wondering if anyone had an item number for a 6-1/2" woofer from Parts Express or some similar place to replace the one in the Baby Advents. Before you suggest refoaming them - I had done that, but some dumb**s (who shall remain nameless ;) ) - rather than going upstairs & pulling a small...
  17. B

Belles XLM Preamp w/o Power Supply

I picked up a Belles XLM at GW today. However it was missing what I though was the plug, but upon opening it appears to be an entire power supply. Are separate PS's for this unobtanium? Also, as far as pre's, I already have a Yamaha C-80 & a Mitsubishi DA-P10. How would the Belles compare to...
  18. B

MOG Observation

Don't know if this should be here or one of the digital forums........ I downloaded the MOG desktop app last week. It's a stand alone app so you don't need to have your browser running & run MOG through that. It seems to cut the load time way down in comparison to running through the browser...
  19. B

Grado Repair Questions

The cord on my SR-80's has been cutting out on the rt. channel for awhile so I'm going to try to repair it. Caveat: I'm not very experienced at this type of thing. My question would be what color wires would go where on a replacement plug. I'm going to use a 1/4" plug instead of the 1/8" stock...
  20. B

Interesting MOG Observation

Dunno if this is the right sub-forum for this or not: Driving home yesterday I heard Catherine Russell on NPR's Fresh Air doing "In The Dark" live. It reminded me that there had been a really great version of that back in the mid 70's by Linda Hopkins from her show/album Me And Bessie...
  21. B

Mitsubishi DA-PA10 vs. DA-C7

Mitsu collecters are probably a rare breed on this or any other list but I'm throwing a question out to any of you who may be here. I've been using the DA-PA10 off & on (mostly on) for the past couple of months & really like it (thanks to fellow AKer wdt1971 for sending it to me). I had been...
  22. B

Kudos For highping

I got a Concept 2.5 from Bob this week. A great guy to work with. His communication is great, the price was outstanding and the man really knows how to pack a box for shipping!! And he seems like a truly nice guy as well. So if anyone wants to do biz with him I give him the highest...
  23. B

Question About Diagnosing M-4 Problem

I picked up an M-4 off the auction place that has turned out to be non-functional (the seller has offered a full refund). Neither set of speakers will engage & the overload LED for the lt. channel stays on. The rt. channel LED's indicate proper functioning. It did work for about 15 seconds a few...
  24. B

Yessss!!!..Finally!!!..An Real GW Scroe!!!

After months of going in & seeing the usual pile of VCR's, speakers so bad that crap speakers would be insulted being compared to them, the occasional mid-fi piece, but mostly Yorx or Soundesign or glut of old tv's the luck finally changed. Went in & walked out in <3minutes with a Yamaha C-80...
  25. B

RS-10 Cleaning Question

I picked up a set of RS-10's at a yard sale yesterday. Of course they need to be refoamed so I've ordered a set from Looneytunes2001. The previous owner must have stored these for a long time face up because the entire front surface has a substantial layer of dust even though the grill cloths...
Back
Top Bottom