Search results

1. Kingfisher

East Grand Rapids Estate Sale....Dynaco Stereo 70

Sshhh! You're giving me competition! :D Seriously, I agree with your point except for the word "grieving". It's more like, "get this stereo junk outta here, I'm sick of looking at it". My grandma had a similar attitude toward my late grandpa's fishing gear, before she started giving it away to...
  2. Kingfisher

Will, There are still good deals to be found locally, just a lot less than there used to be. With estate services and thrift shops, somebody has to make a mistake in order to get it super-cheap. It is their JOB to make as much money as possible on the hifi item in question. That is why...
  3. Kingfisher

My parents are boomers. I suppose I should be flattered you think I'm older than my years. "But again, if you were going you wouldn’t have posted the link." I don't see the problem. Every other estate sale, auction, CL, and garage sale link posted is probably by people who have no intention of...
  4. Kingfisher

Wow...The sarcasm! Apparently I touched a nerve. Nowhere in any of my posts did I say, or even imply this. There is always thrift shops, garage sales, flea markets, and auctions. But once again, it's a slice of a shrinking pie. More gear was available 10 or 20 years ago than now.
  5. Kingfisher

I disagree. There's only a limited supply of vintage hi-fi left in the world that isn't in somebody's audiophile setup. Only what hasn't been discarded through the previous decades...until there is none left. I don't even see consoles anymore around here..tube or SS. It is a dream world to...
  6. Kingfisher

I was wondering about that. That's why my OP says "could be A25s". I have to wonder why they original owner didn't go with a complete Dynaco sytem.
  7. Kingfisher

Having thought about this sale, I'm kind of glad I'm not going. I was only really interested in the ST-70 because I have a pre-amp with no amp. I may try mono-blocking it or buying an amp from BT. Don't need any more tuners/receivers or speakers. I am mostly content with my stuff. I hope an...
  8. Kingfisher

You yourself just said you had estate sale scores...how much gear do you need??? If your spending hours and hours trying to find this stuff locally, your not going to find it. It isn't there. We're approaching 2020, and the tube generations are dying out. I don't know how old you are, but your...
  9. Kingfisher

Very true. But if I can't make it then I would want another AKer to get a deal (including you). Pretty much all dealers/resellers that frequent estate sales are your competition nowadays. They will buy it and get whatever they can for it, not caring what happens to it. If you or another AK gets...
  10. Kingfisher

Laz, at least you can go to the sale. I can't go because I have to work that morning...and I can't get out of it because I AGREED to it. Also, you don't know the price or condition of this gear. If the estate service is asking too much, are you going to pay too much? I know what it's like...
  11. Kingfisher

NEWS FLASH: There's a huge horde of Japanese tourists in Tokyo boarding a plane right now headed for Grand Rapids, Michigan. Their mission is still unknown at the moment....but somebody did mention, in broken English, the word "Dynaco".
  12. Kingfisher

Grand Rapids Michigan estate sale. There is a Dynaco stereo system in the sale including the Stereo 70, FM3 Tuner and Preamp. All Dynaco. The old speakers in the sale could be A-25's. A silver receiver can be seen near the basement bar area near the window. Records and tape reels as well. No...
  13. Kingfisher

Warren MI Fisher tube receiver, Garrard TT, vintage speakers

That receiver looks like my Fisher 400. Not sure what model Gerrard TT. Custom cab, at least the center part. Those small speakers are in the basement, so they were probably wired to the Fisher through the floor as the wiring seems to indicate. It was common to hide stereo equipment in...
  14. Kingfisher

Any love for Karlson speakers?

I agree. EL34's or something from the 6L6 family of tubes.
  15. Kingfisher

Any love for Karlson speakers?

I'd bid on these if I had the room. I can only imagine what kind of amp was originally hooked up to these. https://www.shopgoodwill.com/Item/76021319
  16. Kingfisher

A Compendium Of Lost Masters From the Universal Music Group 2008 Fire

Looks like it made the new list...and a whole lot of others as well. What a disaster!:(
  17. Kingfisher

It IS the actual multi-tracks that burned up. That's why this is such a big deal.
  18. Kingfisher

I stand corrected...the lawsuits are beginning to fly. This story is still developing as we discuss... https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-48743180
  19. Kingfisher

The artists can't sue because they don't own the music. It's usually stipulated in a recording contract that the RECORD LABEL owns the recordings, name and even images of the artist. As long as artists are getting their royalty percentages (which can sometimes be very tiny) from copy sales, what...
  20. Kingfisher

Wasn't Three Dog Night on ABC/Dunhill? I didn't see their music listed anywhere.
  21. Kingfisher

Motorola SKR155w console?

MotorolaNut, Could you upload your schematics to the Digital Documents database? I need them too as I have the SKR160 (same guts as the SKR155). They're showing up too small to read on this thread. They look like Sams Photofact...if so...it might be better to e-mail them as Sams material...
  22. Kingfisher

JVC xc-m75 or xc-m70

I discovered that quite awhile ago, I forgot all about this post. The M75 is for car and home stereo use. The M70 just for home only. They both work in my JVC XL-M400BK cd player. I still have no manuals whatsoever for this model which probably would have answered my original question.
  23. Kingfisher

Fuse Question regarding Olson tube receiver

No stickers or anything on the back. No serial number. Even the metal nameplate is missing that gives the name, model, and company location (Akron, OH). I'm goin' with a 2A based on other Japanese 6BM8p-p receivers.
  24. Kingfisher

Yes I did see that on the KW-33 schematic. Also, the Pioneer SX-34 uses a 2A fuse as well. So I think I'll be going with a 2A slo-blo. 6BM8's are not the same as 6GW8's, but they are so similar, I can't see why it wouldn't be 2A. Now I have to find a bayonet-base dial lamp. The original one is...
  25. Kingfisher

Having recently scored an Olson RA-655 receiver. I found the fuse to be the wrong value. It's a 5A 250v fuse. Way too high for 4 X 6GW8's. Schematics for this receiver seem to be unobtainium so I have a lot of guess work. Wouldn't the correct fuse be closer to 2A?
Back
Top Bottom