Search results

1. Kingfisher

East Grand Rapids Estate Sale....Dynaco Stereo 70

Grand Rapids Michigan estate sale. There is a Dynaco stereo system in the sale including the Stereo 70, FM3 Tuner and Preamp. All Dynaco. The old speakers in the sale could be A-25's. A silver receiver can be seen near the basement bar area near the window. Records and tape reels as well. No...
  2. Kingfisher

Any love for Karlson speakers?

I'd bid on these if I had the room. I can only imagine what kind of amp was originally hooked up to these. https://www.shopgoodwill.com/Item/76021319
  3. Kingfisher

Fuse Question regarding Olson tube receiver

Having recently scored an Olson RA-655 receiver. I found the fuse to be the wrong value. It's a 5A 250v fuse. Way too high for 4 X 6GW8's. Schematics for this receiver seem to be unobtainium so I have a lot of guess work. Wouldn't the correct fuse be closer to 2A?
  4. Kingfisher

Console ID?

I dunno....it almost looks like a Pilot or a Ampex. Any ideas?
  5. Kingfisher

Rotel in Sears Clothing?

Does anybody know if Rotel made stereo gear for Sears back in the '70's? This receiver looks very Rotel-ish. https://www.shopgoodwill.com/Item/61658529 I could find absolutely zilch on the internet regarding this model, but it looks well built.
  6. Kingfisher

Well, looks I get to join the Klipsch Klubhouse....

Long time AK member, new to the Klipsch forum. Picked up my first pair of Klipsch (KG4's) this past weekend. They sound pretty damn good hooked up to a NAD 3240pe amp. I can see the need for upgrades. AFAIK, these are all original with no mods done. I was hoping to use these with tube gear...
  7. Kingfisher

Polk Audio find. Opinions? Info.?

I picked these up yesterday at a garage sale with a bunch of albums. They are Monitor 5jr's. Not much info. about these online. I haven't tested them yet but they were still connected to somebody's mid-eighties stereo, so for the $5 that I spent, I felt it was worth the risk. I need to know...
  8. Kingfisher

Claricon 36-210 Tube Tuner Find Retubed

I recently bought this tuner on GW's auction site for very little coin. When it arrived in the mail I was stunned to find it totally robbed of all its tubes. Not only was there no manual, schematic, or tube chart, the sockets weren't marked either!:mad: So I started Google-searching and found...
  9. Kingfisher

Question about setting anti-skate

My turntable has the Pickering XV-15 cartridge with a new JICO D1200 stylus. The tonearm weight is set at 1g, but the actual weight measured on a tracking force gauge is about 1.5g. (the Pickering's brush adds weight). Should the anti-skate be set relative to the tonearm's weight or to the...
  10. Kingfisher

Recommendations for stylus replacement

Last summer I picked up nifty Sansui SR-2050C TT at a garage sale, but instead of the original Sansui cartridge, it had a black and gold Pickering with XV-15 printed on the side of it. The woman who sold it to me said it needed a new needle. The front of the cartridge says "750E dustamatic". Any...
  11. Kingfisher

Console ID?

Been seeing lots of consoles for sale lately. Most are in bad shape or SS. This one looks a bit nicer. My first thoughts were Pilot or Fisher. Anybody wanna guess? (It's definitely not a Maggie)
  12. Kingfisher

Stereo Console ID?

Looks like RCA or Voice of Music. Also looks small. Anybody have an idea?
  13. Kingfisher

Bose 551 Spatial Control Receiver...what's it worth?

One is coming up at a local auction...I'm pretty sure it is unrestored. Anybody know what the Bose 551 is worth?
  14. Kingfisher

Pioneer SA-6500 amp...what's it worth?

What's an unrestored, fully-functional Pioneer SA-6500 amp worth? (Complete with no missing parts.)
  15. Kingfisher

I gotta stop going to garage sales....

Went to a few sales last Friday within a mile from home, looking for quality tools to add to my toolbox. I quit looking for audio gear as I have too much already...but a deal appeared I couldn't refuse. For $100 these followed me home...
  16. Kingfisher

Fisher 205 and Fisher 205a

Well this is odd...apparently Fisher must have made a mistake during the original production run of the 205 model. I doubt it was made for a second year..the 215 I believe succeeded the 205 (as well as the 213 succeeding the 203). Anyone with any knowledge of this? Feel free to chime in...
  17. Kingfisher

console ID?

anybody have a guess?
  18. Kingfisher

Fisher 400 voltage questions

In March, when I last worked on my 400 I did voltage checks at 117v. I noticed that most of the readings I got were higher than the readings specified on the schematic (though sometimes only slightly). What is the best way to reduce the overall voltage of the circuit (at 117v)? Would replacing...
  19. Kingfisher

removing sticky knobs?

What's the best way to remove a stuck plastic knob from vintage tube audio gear without damaging it(In this case a Fisher 400)? Also, what can I do to the shaft so that it doesn't get stuck again when I put the knob back on?
  20. Kingfisher

Spring is here and my Fisher 400 is almost done...

I still have to do the screen resistor mods. and get the MPX aligned. I also have to replace the dial lamps, order a new case and new quad of 7868's. This is all the work I've done so far: -Replaced film capacitors in the phono section with .022uf/630v Illinois -Replaced film capacitors in...
  21. Kingfisher

The 'Hitachi' Fishers

Hello AKer's, I am creating this thread to see if the Fisher receivers made by Hitachi can be positively identified. Old threads only reveal that we've been learning more and more over the years, but information still seems to be shaky as to what models were made for Fisher by Hitachi in Japan...
  22. Kingfisher

Fisher 400 stereo separation control on MPX

Can the stereo separation control on the 400's multiplexer be cleaned with Deoxit?
  23. Kingfisher

Fisher 400 dim bulb test...pass or fail?

Fired up the 400 today on the DBT using a 100w bulb. Got a slight dimming. Tried a 60w...no dim. Did get sound out of the left channel, but nothing out of the right. Should I try a 150w bulb? What is the best wattage bulb for testing a Fisher 400?
  24. Kingfisher

Fisher 400 screen stability resistors questions

I've read over the instructions in the sticky, but I'm a bit confused on some of them. What I understand: One lead of the 100 ohm resistor connects to the jumper wire attached to pins 1 & 7 (shortest lead possible) and the other connects to a buss wire. -What gauge buss wire do I use? -Does it...
  25. Kingfisher

Best CL-80 position in Fisher 400?

I was thinking of putting it between the AC receptacle outlet and the fuse holder, replacing the wire connecting them together with the AC line moved from the fuse holder to the receptacle. Also, do I need to do anything to the .01 capacitor or 820k resistor connected to the fuse holder or...
Back
Top Bottom