Search results

1. Tubejunke

Atwater Kent Model 43 find.

I am going to run a wire from the ground terminal to the grounded terminal of a 120 V.A.C. wall outlet. That is the best earth ground in a house if properly wired. They have made F.M. converters for many years. It was once a cheap way of getting F.M. sound without reinvesting in a whole unit...
  2. Tubejunke

I was wondering what in the world kind of antenna would be suitable to even allow the radio to play without holding my finger on the antenna connector. After trying several good antennas like a Zenith Wave Magnet and some old A.M. radio back coils; none of which worked; I finally got the...
  3. Tubejunke

Thanks folks! I'll have to check into a transmitter for the thing. Don't own an Ipod, but I do have a CD player. LOL! One of the 26s' in the 3rd I.F. is weak. Gosh, I had to pull my two 1940s tube testers out and on one Sylvania released an "obsolete tubes" service bulletin to get the settings...
  4. Tubejunke

I walked into an antique store the other day and see what I recognize as a 1920s table top speaker with the wires going into this strange looking box that looks like a child's coffin. I took the lid off of the box and there like new money are all these shiny old "big pin" and "globe" tubes. Too...
  5. Tubejunke

I Want The Best Marantz Receiver For Christmas!

Do you mean me? I thought that mine was about as basic as Marantz put out. I does sound good though...
  6. Tubejunke

Right now the room is a medium size spare room in the house; maybe 12'X16' on a guess. I could rock a small room with almost anything really, but I like to know that I can open the window once in a while and hear music the way I think it (my kind of music) sounds best; outside. Will I do that...
  7. Tubejunke

I am looking for the perfect Christmas receiver. My woman told me to pick one out. I already have a plain old 2230, but I am highly attracted to the models with all of the switches, knobs, meters, and even ocscilloscopes that can be found. Here is a list of models that attract my attention...
  8. Tubejunke

Post Your Marantz Gear Here!!!

Are you sure (or anyone) that this thing was entry level. It looks like a pretty nice stand alone amplifier to me. You would just have to have a separate tuner, which is the case with some of the nicest stuff I have ever seen, like Carver for instance. As far a your distortion goes, it...
  9. Tubejunke

1968 Leslie Rotating Speaker

It is a model 16 and I didn't have the speaker with me when I made the thread, so I found that photo which is the one that sold on Ebay. Taking a pic of mine wouldn't be any different except there would be more clutter around it. I need to find out a realistic value for the thing as I do have...
  10. Tubejunke

1968 Leslie Rotating Speaker

I have this speaker in my music room that I brought home from Germany back in the 80s and was big into guitar. The speaker sounds absolutely amazing, but it is wired for European line voltage 220V. So to use the rotating drum with the existing motor a step up transformer should do the trick...
  11. Tubejunke

Pioneer PL-560 auto start

I am so glad that I verified by this thread my assumption that this turntable simply was like no other that I have ever had and nothing is really wrong with it. I simply have to use the controls more than I am used to and the platter is not going to turn on or off by moving the tone arm. If I...
  12. Tubejunke

Woodstock

Yeah, I have wished for years that there were complete sets out there. Like you, I would LOVE to see the whole Airplane set. So far Uncle Sam Blues is the best song/video that I have seen. I'm a huge Canned Heat fan, so I would love to see more than the two or three songs that seem to be out...
  13. Tubejunke

Woodstock

The Warner Brothers release (which is yet another interesting story in its self) I swear starts off with yes Crosby, Stills & Nash, but the song is "Long Time Gone." Now I haven't viewed my tapes in maybe a year or two, but I know 100% that "Long Time Gone" is very near the beginning at least as...
  14. Tubejunke

Woodstock

I think that we are getting mixed up on the issue of pressings. My questions and/or statements on pressings spawned from Gang Twanger saying "By the way, I have a 1st-pressing LP of Blue Cheer's "Vincebus Eruptum" that's in Tubejunke's avatar. If you read the thread it will make sense. However...
  15. Tubejunke

Woodstock

I'm not sure if it's the 1970 pressing or not but I have also seen one with rather cheap looking cover art. It's the same cover, but there is more odd looking blue than silver with non raised lettering. I'm still hoping someone has seen one of these gate-folds that you can pick up cheap on...
  16. Tubejunke

Woodstock

VERY cool! One of the best and heaviest albums ever. One of the heaviest and loudest bands for just a couple of years with their original lineup that faded quickly. Supposedly Hendrix hated them, but you have to wonder why with all the feedback and mind bending guitar. They existed as a band for...
  17. Tubejunke

Woodstock

Wow! This old thread just lit right back up! I'm so glad to know that there are still younger generations keeping this dream alive. It's really amazing that such a big deal ever really got made of what realistically was a big mess of a show that was riddled with sound problems and frankly some...
  18. Tubejunke

Sansui SP-1700 or AR 48S speakers worth looking at?

Yeah, and now it's 2014. Happy New Year everyone. I have come to the conclusion that much of this electronic equipment is going to be around long after we are gone. Really, our ownership is just another chapter in the given equipment's existence. We are sort of temporary caretakers that often...
  19. Tubejunke

Model 2215 dial lamps

OK thanks, and I will check that out. I have seen what you are describing in an automotive application. Basically, an array of LEDs connected to say an 1157 incandescent lamp base. So the electronics work is done; you just plug the lamp in.
  20. Tubejunke

Model 2215 dial lamps

Thanks everyone for the tips on getting the lamps. I never thought about LEDs. That would be nice and bright; hopefully not too bright. I guess I would need to find out the working voltage of the original incandescent bulbs before popping in LEDs so I don't hear a little snap and go to black! :)
  21. Tubejunke

Model 2215 dial lamps

I want to replace the open lamps in my receiver. Where would I go to get new units? Also, if there are any tricks I need to know in doing the install; the tips would be appreciated. Thanks!
  22. Tubejunke

Akai GXC-730D?

What would be a "fair market" value on one of these units my friend? I am talking pretty much mint condition. Frankly, I don't do much with cassette tapes anymore. I stick with LPs when possible, and believe it or not I enjoy a good 8 track setup. I have a Pioneer H-R89 as my main unit, and a...
  23. Tubejunke

Akai GXC-730D?

If anything would last forever, it would be something built like this. Someone mentioned it performing "up there with the better decks". but I don't see why these aren't one of the better decks (if they aren't already). It's about the best I have ever owned or seen. Perhaps it is a bit of...
  24. Tubejunke

Post Your Marantz Gear Here!!!

Marantz!! I have a Model 2215 receiver and two phonos which I don't have the model #s readily available at this late hour. The receiver is near mint condition and sounded great a few years ago at least when it was part of my regular home stereo rig. Eventually I realized that the Marantz...
  25. Tubejunke

Today's freak out! Psychedelic rock tunes.

Groundhogs and leigh stephens of blue cheer!?!?! Several years ago a friend of man named Moondog sent me three CDs of a band, or bands that I had never heard of. Two of them are simply Groundhogs, and the titles are "Thank Christ For The Bomb" and "Split." Both are great and chock full of crazy...
Back
Top Bottom