Search results

1. amuzed

Marantz speaker owners???

My Marantz Imperial 5 Speakers I have been using these Marantz Imperial 5 speakers for a number of years. They were in the trash at my apt. building with no grills but they sound great! I'm wondering if I should have speakers rebuilt. I also need to replace the tweeter on one because my...
  2. Marantz Imperial 5 speakers

Marantz Imperial 5 speakers

My Marantz Imperial 5 speakers, which I found in the trash room of my apartment house. They sound great! However, one speaker has a little oblong hole, and the other has no t retaining ring around the speaker itself. I'm wondering if it is worth it to have them fixed.
  3. amuzed

I love this thread discussion! Still listening to my Imperial 9s, all original. I'm just afraid the speaker cones are so fragile, however, they still sound great even when I crank them up. I do find myself wondering about the worth of rebuilding them with new cones..etc. But I love the sound.
  4. amuzed

Hey Michael, its been over a year since logging in to post. You know, I tried to make my own...

Hey Michael, its been over a year since logging in to post. You know, I tried to make my own stranded copper wire to connect from the terminal on the Imperial 5G woofer to the connection on the cone. I bought a spool of speaker wire. Once stripped, it yielded about 6 or so very thin copper...
  5. amuzed

Well yes. I have a pair in original cabinets, however, one woofer has a slight tear in the...

Well yes. I have a pair in original cabinets, however, one woofer has a slight tear in the paper, and the other one has one missing mesh copper wire that goes between the connector tabe and the actual cone. Any idea where one can obtain that kind of mesh copper wiring? Thanks
  6. amuzed

Hey that's a nice set of speakers you have! I have a set of Imperial 5G Marantz, and one of the woofers is missing the front brace that fits on to the front of the speaker before you put in the mounting screws. I am trying to figure out some way of making something to replace that in order to...
  7. amuzed

I have a pair of Imperial 5G's that I found years ago in the trash room of my apartment building. They were missing the baffles on the front, but other than that, were in good shape. Hooked them up to my Pioneer SX636 reciever, they sound really good to me. Some how during moving 2 years ago...
Back
Top Bottom