Search results

1. krowmagnum

The "crummy" series of Pioneer receivers made after the 70s

Ive had hundreds of Pioneer receivers and amps from every line, except for the Reference or TAD lines. TOTL, MOTL and BOTL from every era except for those 2 lines. In my experience it all got worse once the aluminum face plates were traded in for plastic. The early 80's, and later TOTL stuff...
  2. krowmagnum

What was the last movie you watched?

A great film on so many levels. :thumbsup:
  3. krowmagnum

What brand speakers are these?

Welcome to AK Mountaingirl. Most no-name speakers are nothing more than cheap speakers in a nice looking box. Don't be fooled by the looks or the build quality because there really was no junk cabinetry back then. Everything wood was decent or better quality and those speakers were most likely...
  4. krowmagnum

Gotta Love Flippers...

Audio Karma
  5. krowmagnum

Generally speaking A-70 or VSX-D1s

The thing I really like about that style of receivers is the nice big display I can see from across the room. That's important as we get older ;-) I'll have to watch for a D1s receiver.
  6. krowmagnum

Two Vintage Pioneer Sx 1980 Receivers - $3000

https://spacecoast.craigslist.org/ele/5369846560.html Not mine
  7. krowmagnum

any good remote replacements vsx9700s?

I'm pretty sure any remote from the VSX 9xxx receivers will work.
  8. krowmagnum

Cool video on Pioneer

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  9. krowmagnum

SX-1500T balance control pot bypass

Thanks, that helps.
  10. krowmagnum

SX-1500T balance control pot bypass

The balance control pot on my 1500T is toast. It spins around and around and around.... I only get one channel. I thought an easy fix would be to bypass it so the left and right are even. (never use balance anyway) I looked at the wires and it looks easy enough to solder a couple of jumper...
  11. krowmagnum

Gotta Love Flippers...

I had an eBay bidder run the bid on an item up to the $7500 reserve and won. Then sent me a message saying he was willing to pay $6100... take it or leave it ! Idiocracy is coming true.
  12. krowmagnum

Do you like the new format???

Not a big fan of the new look. Seems a little too bright.
  13. krowmagnum

Please help.. Which reciever???

The Yamaha is a good little receiver and the Technics would be a good choice too.
  14. krowmagnum

AR12...rare and badazz

Nice :thmbsp::thmbsp::thmbsp:
  15. krowmagnum

Speakers for a Kenwood KA3700?

Most any speakers will work with your Kenwood and there are thousands of choices. Hundreds of good choices. It helps if you can narrow your needs/wants in speakers. How do you listen ? Low, medium or loud ? How big is the room ? Do you want big or small speakers ? Newer or older...
  16. krowmagnum

Beryllium in speakers, is it safe?

I've always wondered about these poor guys... Does it really make you feel better about yourself when you put other down ?
  17. krowmagnum

SX-1980... sold for over five grand!....

In the appraisal world a sale like the $14,000.00 Sansui is called an outlyer and not used to put value on similar items. With this sale being a one bid buy-it-now sale I would ignore it as nothing more than someone with too much money and a raging chubby for a G-33000.
  18. krowmagnum

SX-1980... sold for over five grand!....

I'd take my Spec system over any of the big Pioneer receivers any day.
  19. krowmagnum

Tell me I'm wrong

A used car salesman lied to you ? Wow, what are the odds... Same thing I said to a friend who just bought a car from 300 miles away at a used car lot. He paid $10 for a $5k car because he bought it based on photos and the salesman's reassurance that everything was functioning 100%. $2k in...
  20. krowmagnum

best car of 80's votes

The Mustang 5.0 brought real muscle back to American cars. But the Buick Grand National gets an honorable mention for speed and style.
  21. krowmagnum

Gary Richrath has passed away.

RIP from a hometown fan.
  22. krowmagnum

Using Brasso on brushed aluminum face plates?

Mr. Clean Magic Eraser works pretty good. Wet the eraser slightly, rub the faceplate and wipe off. It takes grime and finger cheese off pretty good without damaging the lettering.
  23. krowmagnum

Beryllium in speakers, is it safe?

I have beryllium tweeters and it's worth the risk. :thmbsp: Bose speakers on the other hand are made from Bosium. Bosium a rare and toxic substance that rots the brain of the listener.
  24. krowmagnum

SOLD AS-IS, Parts or Repair only - No Returns ?

Fortunately you had an opportunity to block a bidder prior to bidding. Most of the time the problems arise after it's too late to block them.
  25. krowmagnum

Remember WLS??

I can still remember the first time I heard WLS in central IL at Dougies house across the street. It was 1973 and they were playing Kodachrome. When I think back on all the crap I learned in High School....
Back
Top Bottom