Search results

1. phastrone

Low output MC carts for a SOTA Sapphire

+1 on both the good words for the Benz cart that you currently use and the good review for the Hana ML.
  2. phastrone

Christmas tweaks

3. phastrone

Christmas tweaks

Oooooohmmm! :beerchug:
  4. phastrone

Christmas tweaks

I’ve (grudgingly) allowed a substantial modification of our listening space for the holiday season. I’m worried that once the elves get a foot in the door that I’ll wake to find a revolving diorama on my favorite record. A crackling fire played through my system sounds like a Babatunde Olatunji...
  5. phastrone

What are you listening to right now and on what speakers

Canton Reference 7.2 DCs
  6. phastrone

Changed again

Just noticed the pic...Nice room!
  7. phastrone

Changed again

I did; but only briefly...My initial impression is that I like the external DAC better, but I plan to do some more comparison. I've been upgrading components so steadily that my head is spinning a bit. I'll let you know my lasting impression soon...:biggrin:
  8. phastrone

Changed again

Thanks... I just got it from a local vintage dealer. I'm a bit embarrassed to admit that I bought it because (almost) all of my other equipment is now silver faced. Well...I also wanted SACD capability. Since I've been running my CD player through my Teac DAC, I can only testify that the...
  9. phastrone

Changed again

Thanks to everyone for the kind words… Lightcapture: Here’s the current list…and a new pic. Pro-Ject Xtension 10 Evo > Hana ML, ZU Audio DL 103R MkII > Pro-Ject Tube Box DS2, Teac UD-503, McCormack UDP-1 > Rogue Audio RP-7 > Rogue Audio Stereo 100 > Canton Reference 7.2 DC
  10. phastrone

Pics of your listening space

Sure…I got down to one guitar recently and was quite happy with that situation until I accompanied a friend to a local store wherein I found this Eastman 000. Mahogany back and sides, torrified Sitka top, 24.9 scale length. Sounds great, feels great…Reasonable price… :)
  11. phastrone

Changed again

12. phastrone

Pics of your listening space

13. phastrone

Pro-Ject Tube Box DS-2

I've been playing the Tube box for about a week now...I tried a pair of Sovtek LPS I had used before in a preamp with good results and everything went flat...Very disappointing. I put the stock Tung Sols back in and the music came back to life. Unwilling to leave well enough alone, I tried some...
  14. phastrone

Pro-Ject Tube Box DS-2

Carbon; I just happen to have a pair of LPSs in my stash...Thanks for the advice... Jay
  15. phastrone

Pro-Ject Tube Box DS-2

Señor Boochie...Thanks for the info...I had planned to roll some tubes after a bit...I have some Genalex Gold Lions I planned to try (and still will) but of course, a recommendation from a long time user will go a long way . Jay
  16. phastrone

Best high output MC cartridge for Pioneer-PL-570

I had a Sumiko Blackbird HOMC mounted in a Pioneer PL 550 > Phonomena and it sounded great.
  17. phastrone

Pro-Ject Tube Box DS-2

I just borrowed this piece to try out from a local dealer/friend (Thanks Larry!) It knocked me out before it was even warmed up. Improved dynamics all the way through... took the veil off female vocals, great soundstage... And this improvement over the Musical Surroundings Phonomena pre that...
  18. phastrone

Balanced output phono preamps

That makes sense...Thanks to both of you...:)
  19. phastrone

Balanced output phono preamps

Does anyone see the general benefit of balanced outputs on phono preamps aside from a slight db gain over unbalanced?
  20. phastrone

Thanks again, jbsr

Joe; The Bronze arrived safely an hour ago and it's mounted and happily breaking in right now... Thanks again...Jay This is the second or third time I've dealt with Joe...Highly recommended.
  21. phastrone

Pioneer PL-550 rebuild advice

Tonearm is metal...I've downloaded the manuals from Vinyl Engine. So....If a cap goes bad it won't take anything unobtanium with it?
  22. phastrone

Anybody???
  23. phastrone

Officially went Ultrasonic today!

I've got an Isonic...They supply a block on the rotating motor frame which lets you suspend the clean/wet LPs over the tank at a 45 degree angle to drip dry; or if you're impatient, you can set up a desk fan to blow across the LPs. I love this thing...As the original OP noted, it cleans really...
  24. phastrone

I just bought this locally with peeling plastic walnut and took it apart to apply wood veneer. Before I dismantled it, I checked operation and everything seems fine. Should I bother replacing caps, or should I leave well enough alone? Also...I'd appreciate any other refurbishment tips: to...
Back
Top Bottom