Search results

1. mdewire

B&O MMC20CL cartridge

I agree with the above statement in that it is worth restoring. I had that cartridge on my 4004 back in the late 70s. It blew me away on how accurate and good sounding it was.
  2. mdewire

Model 19 Power Switch No longer works

I turned off my Model 19 today and it still remained powered up with the switch in the off position. I had to unplug the unit to power it off. I can buy a smart outlet and let Alexa turn it on and off for now but would like to replace the switch in the future. Does anyone know if a replacement...
  3. mdewire

Marantz 20B scope help

Could be something in the scopes power supply like a capacitor fail or transistor. The scope tube is connected to the socket very tightly so I doubt it worked its way loose. I had to change out one in a Model-19 receiver which is basically the same scope tube and it was very hard to pull out of...
  4. mdewire

This Showed Up Today

I received this the other day as well. Very good pressings and half speed mastered. A real treat to listen to as I always had her music on CD since most of her music came out when CDs were the media to have at the time. Much better sound on vinyl in my opinion.
  5. mdewire

Bob Carver 275 Stereo Vacuum Tube Amplifier

You may have an issue because my unit has no transformer buzz at all. I would would call up their service department and let them know.
  6. mdewire

C2500 Question

No there is no function for turning off the tubes in the phono sections.
  7. mdewire

MC2505 Meters

Most of the time on my MC2505 I have the meter sensitivity set at -20DB to get some meter movement. My input gain is set to around 12 O'clock on both channels which I calibrated with a test tone. I am driving JBL 4311B speakers which are fairly efficient. Usually when I crank it up playing vinyl...
  8. mdewire

It’s official: I’m the proud owner of a C70 & MC462!

Yes living in San Antonio.
  9. mdewire

It’s official: I’m the proud owner of a C70 & MC462!

You have more patience than I do. I would want to do a temporary test setup just to hear it. I bet it will look and sound spectacular when you have everything in place. Congrats.
  10. mdewire

MC 2505 Circuit Breaker

I second what c_dk stated above.
  11. mdewire

New Bob Carver Crimson 275 Stereo Vacuum Tube Amplifier-Taking orders.$2495 Shipped. Made in USA.

Nope that is the way the 4311s were designed. I tried them out upside down and they did not sound as good to me. I think there were designed to be mounted up high and facing down to the engineer in the control room.
  12. mdewire

New Bob Carver Crimson 275 Stereo Vacuum Tube Amplifier-Taking orders.$2495 Shipped. Made in USA.

The system I have decided to use it in is pretty much all analog. It sounds really good on the JBLs.
  13. mdewire

The Bob Carver 275 amp is more transparent than the MC352. However with digital sources it reveals the short comings of digital. This amp sounds its best with analog sources at least on my system.
  14. mdewire

I received it yesterday and connected it to my main system down stairs in place of my McIntosh MC352. I picked 3 LPs to test with. John Klemmer Touch - Original MFSL release in 1978 which still plays flawlessly. Led Zeppelin I - Atlantic release in late 90s - This is one of the best re-issues...
  15. mdewire

My amp finally shipped out and should arrive by Thursday the 17th. They shipped it UPS ground. I would have thought they might have expedited the shipping since it took so long but no it is shipping the slowest possible way.
  16. mdewire

I contacted the company directly regarding the status of my order. Both the CEO and General Manager replied back to me. My amp is ready to ship but the tubes are currently not available to them yet due to a delay in their order of tubes. They should arrive by the end of this week and mine will...
  17. mdewire

I ordered one the other day and it should be in the house next week. I bought this without listening to it first but I hope to be pleased with it. At this time I am not sure what system I will add it to.
  18. mdewire

Audio Classics Clinic

I remember visiting Musicraft in Chicago back in the early 70s when I lived there. The sales people were always nice to me. I was a teenager and they still let me listen to the high end equipment and would educate me on McIntosh amplifiers and why they were unique and sounded so good. Yes those...
  19. mdewire

Peachtree audio

I have a DAC IT x in my office system hooked up via USB to my iMac and it plays very well. Peachtree makes very good products.
  20. mdewire

McIntosh MR88 through a MCD 500 Dac

I am using the balanced outputs of my MR88 feeding my C2500 preamp. I tried the digital output and it did not seem to sound as good to me.
  21. mdewire

Most reliable McIntosh SS amps

You can't go wrong with the MC352. I bought mine new in the box from Audio Classics about 5 years ago when they were discontinued and they were selling at a great price. I installed the LED kit in mine as well so it has the same look and reliability as their newer amps. I have never even come...
  22. mdewire

Mr88.....done? Replacement?

I have an MR88 and am lucky to live in San Antonio TX. They have a great Jazz station here, KRTU that recently increased their power to 32KW. The audio quality is excellent with very little compression applied in their transmission. They play Jazz from 5:00am until 10:00pm and switch over to...
  23. mdewire

MR-77

Pretty cool to find an MR77 under a stack of LPs and to plug it in and works perfectly. I have an MX115 that has a good tuner built in to it and an MR88 in my main system. McIntosh tuners have excellent performance and sound. I want to get an MR78 some day when the time and money is right. Enjoy...
Back
Top Bottom