Search results

1. shrinkboy

Marantz WC-22 re-production - with a twist!

gorgeous
  2. shrinkboy

Advice for getting back to listening to music.

yes, the depressive part of grieving- accept it for what it is, knowing it will pass. in the meantime, without expecting yourself to 'enjoy' it, go in there and play some records, see what happens. if it was there before, it will be again
  3. shrinkboy

Dreams.

I enjoy talking about dreams with clients, and always have. There are certain themes or images that popup over and over: flying, falling, teeth falling out; endless mucus from the nose; sex dreams with unidentified partners or old lovers; being chased; showing up too late/in the wrong...
  4. shrinkboy

Opinion: The long overdue death of the stick shift car

I have never had anything but stick shift cars, including Toyotas, Hondas ('81 Accord, '86 Civic Si with many mods, two 5.0 Mustangs and two Honda Elements). I'm now on my 4th VW Golf GTi, a 40th anniversary edition, with stick, and it is the best iteration of a great car I've ever had-except...
  5. shrinkboy

Amplifier Choices

Heidi- you will find many on the board who use a Crown XLS model amp, and are quite satisfied. Your speakers are ones that do best with a lot of muscle from the amp, so it might be worth your while to check out a high quality pre- or even a tube type preamp like the Xiang Sheng 728a or something...
  6. shrinkboy

JBL le 14 h1 refurbish

Freeman-Tuell Speaker Repair in Dallas
  7. shrinkboy

Phase Linear 400 II Amp Opinions ...

I used my PL 400 II for a good while before running into trouble with it and eventually did the full White Oak conversion. I think it sounds great now. As a matter of fact, I think I'm gonna go pull my Parasound amp out and drop in the PL, just for grins. When asking about PL amps, people always...
  8. shrinkboy

Weight training.

done that hike up Camelback at least a dozen times
  9. shrinkboy

Technics SL 1200 MK2

you got some righteous carts with it too
  10. shrinkboy

Sonab P4000 a journey for a newbie

pix, Johan
  11. shrinkboy

When AK members - friends - silently disappear

i wonder if i've ever made this list? i go for long periods without posting anything, because, i don't have anything worth posting, but i do check in fairly often...
  12. shrinkboy

Help with turntable recommendation

i'd like to know more about the OP's current table 'dying'....?
  13. shrinkboy

RT-707 Tech Recommendation Needed

and this: https://r2rtx.org/node/25
  14. shrinkboy

RT-707 Tech Recommendation Needed

do a member search for Vintage TX. He was one of the earliest AK members and he specialized in reel to reel service, sales, advice and etc. He walked me through repair of a couple of machines on the phone. I don't know if Rolf is still in business, but it would be worth a shot
  15. shrinkboy

You gotta turn it up! Songs best listened to LOUD!

Queen Bitch-Bowie
  16. shrinkboy

Favorite “One Liner’s” from albums??

The wreckage of a hero lies broken in a corner/everyone pretends they'd like to live that way- Gary Numan, 'You Are In My Vision'
  17. shrinkboy

Time to reminisce with some expressions you heard as a kid!

or you'll get cramps, sink like a stone and drowned
  18. shrinkboy

Nice to be here . Greetings from ascot, uk.

Bienvenidos, amigo, from Dallas, Texas
  19. shrinkboy

Records You can't find in thrift stores anymore

Velvet Underground
  20. shrinkboy

Acoustic speaker makeover

luv the Tiki bar
  21. shrinkboy

What is your favorite "rock-n-roll" movie?

24 Hour Party People
  22. shrinkboy

Mid century listening space

I'm not catching the MCM vibe. I see lots of stuff, a lot more stuff than would be seen in an authentic MCM space. And its nice stuff, but the use of the term MCM is aspirational
  23. shrinkboy

Barbie : What's the deal?

I either will or won't see it
  24. shrinkboy

Grand Canyon with Family

i love the Canyon, have hiked it 4 times. thanks for sharing your lovely pics
Back
Top Bottom