Search results

1. bOUddha

Yaqin MC-100B - not as powerful as advertised, but still a good value. Part 1.

"I like comment made by a host of British car show about Alfa 8c, that it is "a piece of art", and as almost any other piece of art does not excels in any regard other than look" ======================== That Alfa was in a car show, and as such was intended to be admired largely for its...
  2. bOUddha

Sorry, but somone telling me there's no "magic in Italian cars...I know because I've driven a Fiat 124 for a week" isn't exactly moving forward with me. Lord, deliver us from meter readers making value judgements on musical quality.
  3. bOUddha

If taken with parts 2&3, this was so close to being interesting. Anyone making blanket judgements of all tube amplifiers after sampling ONE with known issues in the original tubes is not worth reading...:thumbsdn:
  4. bOUddha

New Cans break-in?

The absolutely worst aspects of threads like this is the inevitability of Permanent Waves sanctimonious diatribes intended to enlighten the great unwashed, wherein only his views are pertinent and only his findings worthy of merit.:drool: So tiresome.:thumbsdn:
  5. bOUddha

anyone recapped audio research sp-9? or mkII?

It'll definitely make difference if you have the factory upgrade to MkIII.
  6. bOUddha

A question about engines....

MarkW- "Assuming there is nothing wrong with the mechanical function of intake and exhaust valves and valve timing, which usually won't go bad unless something breaks" ...pretty much covers the compression aspect, assuming no holed pistons.
  7. bOUddha

A question about engines....

"You can see from the exhaust that the fuel is being burned as it turns over...." What you see may be the fuel/air mixture as vapor having been compressed in the cylinder. There is, technically speaking, no visible proof of combustion. Several other visible exhaust components include...
  8. bOUddha

Altec Lansing Model 14

I power mine with a Yaqin MS-300C, and it's blissful! They do very well with my ARC VS-55 amp, too. Mine are all original excepting the x-over caps.:thmbsp:
  9. bOUddha

Way off Topic...Anyone know ART?

Print by Mucha.
  10. bOUddha

Sophia 300B upgrade

Dave, now I know we don't have the same tubes...I couldn't imagine a cleaner sound than I'm getting with the Princess mesh plates.:yes: Maybe yours will clear up.
  11. bOUddha

Sophia 300B upgrade

As I understand it, Sophia says/claims they get the cream of the crop and measure/test each tube for quality...they sell 3 different levels of most of their tubes ,depending on level of quallity to determine price. The best also get a better warranty.
  12. bOUddha

Sophia 300B upgrade

The 6SN7s made a HUGE difference in sound stage, and the 300Bs, as a final nudge, took me over the top. Sue was right about the burn in, but they do sound so marvelous from the start I didn't really pay much attention to improvement. While I have your ear, so to speak, can you tell me...
  13. bOUddha

Sophia 300B upgrade

Dave, I sprang for a couple of those after I had my 300B for a couple of months. Coupled those with their 6SN7s and Teles up front, and I'm over the moon with this amp! Actually spent more on tubes than the amp, but I wouldn't change a thing. WONDERFUL tubes.:thmbsp:
  14. bOUddha

If Santa were to bring a multimeter down the chimney...

Sam can you tell me exactly where to point the dial when checking/adjusting bias on tubes? TIA
  15. bOUddha

Penn State Coach Joe Paterno to retire???

"I don't want to leave college football to the Barry Switzers and Jackie Sherrills of the world." Uh, okay.
  16. bOUddha

The Great Escape

Wazzat Val Kilmer as Jim Morrison on the telly?
  17. bOUddha

Score! I Finally found a sweet deal on this model preamp! ARC

I ran Teles in both of my SP-9s. Loved them, and they'll last forever in a pre-amp. Much less grain than the Sovteks.:thmbsp: Let me know if you find some newer thick handles for that bad boy, I need some for a D-240 amp.:smoke:
  18. bOUddha

New to me Yaqin 5881a

I had a 5881 A that I gave to my dad, after changing the stock tubes for RCA 7314, and some Russian tubes up front that I can't remember now...those smaller Russians hummed a bit but quieted down after 6-7 hours. All in all a decent performer!:thmbsp:
  19. bOUddha

Need for VTA on RB300?

Just turn the bottom piece upside down, with the cylinder pointing down and not coming thru the hole. I didn't enlarge either of my tonearm boards for the Michell VTA. (you might try the above, but it nows occurs to me that I may be mistaken about that hole size )
  20. bOUddha

HOMC: negating the benefit of moving coil?

Ditto for me, Joe...:thmbsp:
  21. bOUddha

Jolida JD9A vs YaQin MS12B Phono Preamp

Honey Bunny! MS-12 B handles HOMC just fine...love mine.
  22. bOUddha

The differences between the Audio Research SP9-MKIII and the LS2B?

I've had an SP9 MkII and SP9 MkIII, sold the Sp9 MkIII and bought an LS-7 and a PH-3 and am perfectly happy with the result. Truth be told, I was happy with the SP-9 but this gave me an excuse to buy another ARC! I doubt there is detectable degradation or color in the signal path of either...
  23. bOUddha

Rega RB300 Repair Questions

Shoot an email to johnny7 at AudioOrigami...he's da man for that kinda work!
  24. bOUddha

WE 300b tube

+1 on Dave C's rec's...those are some magnificent tubes!
Back
Top Bottom