Search results

1. SeanMG

MA352

I love Mc and need a direct coupled amp because ATC speakers hate autoformers. This amp would be great in a standard chassis with DAC and phono. I can’t bare to look at this amp. Was hoping for a big brother to the MA5300 or a replacement of the MA2275. I suppose I could buy this and hide it...
  2. SeanMG

New Standmount Speakers--Considering KEF LS50 and B&W PM1

I was merely pining for the fjords.
  3. SeanMG

Hello, I did move on (to Ryan Speakers and Rogue Audio), and on again. Currently have a Line Magnetic 508ia and ATC SCM40 V2's. About to let this setup go as I'm moving and may not have much time for listening. Might pare back to something very much like the PM1/PV1D setup as I still have the...
  4. SeanMG

Currently loving the Line Magnetic 508IA with my ATC SCM40 V2’s.

Currently loving the Line Magnetic 508IA with my ATC SCM40 V2’s.
  5. SeanMG

Dollars and Sense in HiFi

I posted a review of my time with the Yamaha A-S3000 and the retail price keeps coming up. I don't get it. I know people who spend thousands on ammunition, cigars, golfing fees, air fair each year for fun. I started I. This hobby about five or six years ago. I've invested about $2,000 each year...
  6. SeanMG

Yamaha A-S3000 Integrated Amplifier Home Trial Notes

Last update from me on the A-S3000 Just sold the Silver A-S3000. We had a baby and my listening time has suffered severely--down to 4 hours a week at very low volumes. Moving to more basic "fun" setup that doesn't compare in terms of the resolution of the A-S3000 but sounds good enough. Also, I...
  7. SeanMG

Yamaha's new crop of integrated amps

Sorry for the delay. I don't have the numbers on hand but I think that Australian Hifi did lots of tests on the A-S3000. I considered Musical Fidelity (M6I) but they have a different house sound from what I was looking for. Very enjoyable sound just too warm sounding for my taste in speakers.
  8. SeanMG

FedEx Repacking and buyer's remorse

I know. This guy is the first time I've come across someone who isn't just manipulating the system but actively deceptive. Really feeling unsafe using anything but the bay right now.
  9. SeanMG

Nope, this guy is in Staten Island, NY :thumbsdn:
  10. SeanMG

So, I finally sold my Sony TA-A1ES on A****gon--pretty good amplifier after breaking in. Unfortunately, I sold it to one of the less reputable characters on the site and FedEx damaged the box. I shipped the amplifier on the Thursday before the 4th of July weekend and it was to be delivered...
  11. SeanMG

Yamaha's new crop of integrated amps

You'd be amazed at how many people discount Yamaha out of hand rather than comparing models like the A-S3000 and A-S2100 to Accuphase, Luxman, and McIntosh in person. I had a discount on McIntosh gear when I bought the A-S3000 and compared it to the McIntosh MA6700. The Yamaha was...
  12. SeanMG

In the time it would take to run reasonably accurate comparisons between seven amplifiers, one could earn enough to buy the A-S3000.
  13. SeanMG

This is getting good The comments about price and vintage gear are entertaining--you ought to start a thread about that. All of my friends with vintage gear spend more time lugging it to repair than listening. My time is too valuable and I'm too young to be that nostalgic about my equipment...
  14. SeanMG

Updated picture. Bought a silver unit to match my Sony HAP-Z1ES
  15. SeanMG

So you haven't heard the amplifier but you are sure that the folks who own it are hearing flaws but are too forgetful or prideful to report them? This could also just be a really good amplifier for certain users. There are probably three pro and semi-professional reviews of this amplifier...
  16. SeanMG

Sure, I like Yamaha but more high-end HiFi folks than not are actually biased against brands like Yamaha due to their success in selling inexpensive equipment in big box stores. Also, I don't think What HiFi is particularly credible for my ears as I rarely agree with them on anything other...
  17. SeanMG

Well, if you look at the volume of posts I've made since the A-S3000, you could guess that I'm listening to a lot of music :) I actually sold my black A-S3000 and bought a silver one to better coordinate with my Sony HAP-Z1ES. Still quite an amazing amplifier. Particularly well suited for the...
  18. SeanMG

Sorry I missed this. Haven't logged in in some time. I felt that the PM1 was slightly warmer but the LS50 has--in my experience--a tendency to be a bit to aggressive in the highs. It could also be amp specific. As for low watt amps, I don't actually own one. I tried the LS50 with a 35 watt amp...
  19. SeanMG

New Yamaha NS-1000 speakers coming !!!!

Wow. Lots of opinions on the NS1000. While I agree that the NS1000M's aren't much to look at, I wouldn't trade the look and sound of my NS1000's in macassar ebony for much that I've heard and seen under $10,000. In fact, the only person who has listened at length to my A-S3000/NS1000 combo and...
  20. SeanMG

Now that's the build quality I'm talking about

I ended up keeping the A-S3000. Would say more but I just blew too much time reading tons of comments that have nothing to do with how it sounds, which I understand was the premise of the post. I think I said most of what I had to say about it in my review (need to fix a few typos, too busy...
  21. SeanMG

Thanks Jon TUNA. I'm not a big cable guy. I tend to like cable that just gets the job done and I've been more and more impressed moving up the Audioquest line each year. Here is my current cabling: Audioquest GO-4 14' Audioquest Columbia XLR .75M Audioquest Columbia RCA .75M Audioquest...
  22. SeanMG

Yamaha A-S3000

Here are my thoughts so far. Ironically, I'd never noticed the article where the A-S3000 was paired with the NS1000's. It's a great match from what I'm hearing and I can't imagine how these speakers could be driven better. http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=591682
  23. SeanMG

I've never heard the B2 but I can't imagine how the NS1000's could be better matched than they are with the A-S3000. It is jaw-dropping. If anyone is near Detroit and has a B2 or other classic Yamaha power amp in good repair, I'd love to compare it to the A-S3000.
  24. SeanMG

I really don't think that the North American market will ever keep up after talking with Yamaha yesterday. It makes sense that the American market has more buyers who have space for muti-channel systems and that creates a dichotomy where buyers are spreading their dollars over two systems (two...
  25. SeanMG

Well, I read the review of the A-S3000 that Aussie HIFI did and what I'm hearing makes a little more sense or at least I'm not alone in hearing lots of power. I would compare it to 200 wpc integrated amplifiers like the McIntosh MA6700. I'll elaborate when I'm not so busy but Yamaha was...
Back
Top Bottom