Search results

1. SeanMG

Dollars and Sense in HiFi

I posted a review of my time with the Yamaha A-S3000 and the retail price keeps coming up. I don't get it. I know people who spend thousands on ammunition, cigars, golfing fees, air fair each year for fun. I started I. This hobby about five or six years ago. I've invested about $2,000 each year...
  2. SeanMG

FedEx Repacking and buyer's remorse

So, I finally sold my Sony TA-A1ES on A****gon--pretty good amplifier after breaking in. Unfortunately, I sold it to one of the less reputable characters on the site and FedEx damaged the box. I shipped the amplifier on the Thursday before the 4th of July weekend and it was to be delivered...
  3. SeanMG

Yamaha A-S3000 Integrated Amplifier Home Trial Notes

I was going to post a review of the A-S3000 in it's own thread but I'd rather not since we are all fans of the A-S2000 and folks who are more focused on the Yamaha badge and not the sound don't deserve to know what they are missing. ***Correction*** I'll just post this in the Yamaha section so...
  4. SeanMG

New Standmount Speakers--Considering KEF LS50 and B&W PM1

I'm looking to bring a smallish set of speakers into my primary setup. I have Yamaha NS1000's and they are great but they are nearly 40 years old. I'd like to pick up a secondary set of speakers to give them a few nights off each week and ideally add a less neutral sounding speaker to the mix. I...
  5. SeanMG

A & M Speaker Stands Review (Custom built for Yamaha NS1000)

I just wanted to take a moment to share some images of the amazing speaker stands I purchased from A & M Fabrication. Of course, I'm not affiliated with the business in any way other than being a first-time customer. http://www.aandmcustomsteelspeakerstands.com/ A & M Fabrication seems to...
  6. SeanMG

Yamaha NS1000 Tweeter

I purchased a pair of Yamaha NS1000 speakers on the 'bay and they arrived with one tweeter not functioning. I actually had a transporter pick them up for me and the seller felt that the shipper was prompt, courteous and handled the speakers with great care in his presence. They were blanket...
  7. SeanMG

First (and probably last) audio listening system

Let me start by saying that I'm getting married in 10 months. As I am not likely to get permission to buy a decent stereo once wed, I'm eager to make a move in the next few months. I have no real experience with high-end audio but I heard the Bowers & Wilkins CM5's at a Magnolia Hi-Fi and...
Back
Top Bottom