Search results

1. D

SACD- HDMI output into SPDIF or TOSLONK Adapter

Let me throw a tangent into this old conversation, with respect to the Audiopraise VanityPRO HDMI converter. The designer went through a lot of hopes and hurdles designing the power supply system for this box, and it actually is powered by two separate usb-c plugs. One is for the hdmi, and the...
  2. D

Did You Ever Just F-up?

“Would have taken control...Like a bad cell mate” +1! Best line ever!!
  3. D

Best MC cartridges under $900

+1
  4. D

What Phono PreAmp Do You Have?

I have a Rogue Ares with the upgraded Cinemag Blues (as opposed to the standard Reds). I am also using a VAS MC-One Mk. 2 step up transformer (into the Rogue as a MM)
  5. D

Transfer vinyl collection to digital

Don't bother with the Jil. I ordered one, and already sent it back. It was sonically worse than the A to D converter built into my Macbook Pro (mid-2010). I use an RCA to minijack cord from my preamp fixed out to my MBP microphone input (which is stereo on mine). I rip into digital 192/24...
  6. D

What TT's do you folks have

I have a VPI Aries 3D, the final version with all of the upgrades (VTA on the fly, 22 lb platter, 10" 3D arm, 300 rpm 24 pole motor, sandwich construction plinth, mini HRX feet, HRX weight)
  7. D

Make Your Own Acrylic Cover

Can you run the amplifier with the clear top on, or it is designed to be removed when in use? I ave a Rogue amplifier and it would be nice to have an open top to see the tubes. (Then again, removing it would be great for ventilation.)
  8. D

The Frustration of a Really Good System

So sorry, Kingshead. My wife's favorite was (no joke) Meat Loaf, and thankfully I took her to see him before she passed, too.
  9. D

First thing you listen to when getting a new amp or speakers?

Grateful Dead - Terrapin Station QRP Supertramp - crime of the century UHQR Pink Floyd - DSOTM UHQR Alan Parsons - I Robot UHQR Heart - Dog and Butterfly (butterfly side) Yes - Fragile Rickie Lee Jones - RLJ Janis Ian - Breaking Silence Neil Young - Massey Hall
  10. D

Phoenix Engineering Falcon PSU and Roadrunner review

Hi all, I picked up these units recently to use with my VPI Scout turntable. I run the standard 600 rpm motor, and have considered the 300 rpm and/or SDS speed controller by VPI as upgrades. I read about these products, though, and was interested in the fact that the one box was a power...
  11. D

Yamaha A-1 Integrated=Decisions, Decisions?

Less than a week later, back in business! Here is the A-1 lit up properly, with matching T-1 tuner.
  12. D

Dave already responded, and bulbs ordered! Wow that was fast! Thanks for the direction, Avionic!
  13. D

Thanks, Avionic! I sent Dave an email!
  14. D

Hey All, Just happened upon this thread, and wouldn't you know, I have a Yamaha A-1 with a dead bulb in the power button! I could always just go without, but the lights are just too cool on this amp to leave them dark. So am I correct that the lights simply pull out of the grommets in the...
  15. D

Pink Floyd DSOTM 180 Gram

I thought that was funny, too, about ruining the master. I thought about how that phone call must have gone to explain that one. ("Remember how you said how great "Bloody Well Right" would have sounded as a Dark Side of the Moon b-side?") Turns out, though, that Stan Ricker apparently fixed...
  16. D

Pink Floyd DSOTM 180 Gram

Here is a great read on the Pink Floyd MFSL Discogrophy: http://pinkfloydarchives.com/DUSMFSL.htm Interesting thing is that there were actual two original MFSL (100g) pressings of DSOM, with the earlier one having upright lettering "Original Master Recording," as opposed to later slanted...
  17. D

Any Recommendation for a good Phono Preamp from the range of 500 to 1000 USD

I have the ACE SL and a PS Audio GCPH phono stage. I like it!
  18. D

Best Buy Turntables & Records?

I picked up the 3lp Police "Certifiable" set from BB and paid $9 for it! Their unlisted sales prices are awesome. It's a good set, too...Copeland rocks.
  19. D

Anyone catch Conan last night?

He did a bit where he claims to be spending as much money as possible on expensive, not funny bits until he gets thrown off the air. He featured a Bugatti Veyron car ($1.9M) dressed up like a mouse, with the Rolling Stones "Satisfaction" playing in the background. He went on to explain and...
  20. D

What Record Are You Hearing Now?

Rickie Lee Jones - "Pirates" (Japanese pressing) Steely Dan - "The Royal Scam"
  21. D

Clarity Vinyl 45 RPM LPs? Peter Gabriel?

Does anyone own any of the Clarity Vinyl 45 RPM LP sets? I see them on Acousticsounds for $50 each. They have at least part of Peter Gabriel's catalog available in this series, including So. It has four discs to the set. I'm intrigued about the 45 rpm on heavy vinyl vs. the 33 1/3 versions...
  22. D

Help! New cartidge or stylus for my Xpression II

I used a Benz Micro MC20IIE for three years on my Xpression, and it mated very well to the table. They are around $250 now retail, one of the best values in analog if you ask me. They can be had in high or low output. I had the high, which works with the MM phono amps. I liked it a lot!
  23. D

Phono Preamp Advise

When I heard the Nano, it was integrated into a pretty great setup - Basis table, Benz Glider, Audio Research preamp, Quicksilver V4s, and Vandersteen 2CE Sig 2s. It was pretty invisable in this setup, that is, I think the sound was exceptional overall and this little unit (the size of an older...
  24. D

New vinyl - thumbs up!

This thread has already cost me money! (Keep it up!) ;)
  25. D

New vinyl - thumbs up!

Just picked up the Police's 3 LP live set, "Certifiable," from Best Buy. Great deal at $9.99, and it includes a digital download as well! It sounds really great, especially the 2nd and 3rd LPs. It almost sounds like it was a concert played in order, and the mixing improved as it went on. The...
Back
Top Bottom