Search results

1. D

Advantages of using a Preamp

thanks guys .... much appreciated and very good advice ... will collect the amp next week and will update this thread :thmbsp:
  2. D

thanks ... will try first with the AR speakers .... will also try with my B&W DM2 transmission speakers .... also will see what it sounds like connected to my Pioneer SA-9800 integrated (has 2 sections and I can use a different poweramp) whatever the outcome, will have a bit of fun 1st and...
  3. D

thanks for the advice .... too late now as I have already bought it, so will have to see how to get the best of it ... I have edited the links and herewith a link http://uk.yamaha.com/en/products/proaudio/power-amps/p_series/p2500s/?mode=model it is a pro component, and is used primarily...
  4. D

Hi Guys hope I can get some advice here ... posted a question on the Yamaha forum and have been told that I can connect directly to my pc without a preamp a quick backround of where I currently stand: was looking at getting a cheap integrated amp to connect to my pc for music streaming...
  5. D

Advice required for Yamaha P2500S Power amplifier

thank you very much for the info! ... :banana:
  6. D

thanks Martin.CA .... the pioneer SA-9800 has those connections ... there are 2 little u-shaped wire connectors that join the connections .... so seems like I will be able to use the Pioneer with the Yamaha, but will still see if I can get a seperate preamp so as to use with music streaming...
  7. D

Hi Guys hope I can get some advice here was looking at getting a cheap integrated amp to connect to my pc for music streaming (Spotify and Grooveshark) .... connected to the pc via a dac such as the Musical Fidelity V-dac or similar and connected to some cheap speakers (I have a few old...
  8. D

Modern high quality integrateds? Any thoughts?

Lyngdorf SDAI-2175 Integrated Amplifier http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/amplifiers/351-a-secrets-integrated-amplifier-review.html a used demo one with a gurantee from a dealer may be within your budget
  9. D

B&Ws are gone and my ears are achin' for them

I have the old B&W DM2 .... using an old Pioneer SA-9800 amp and a Marantz CD63 MKII K1 signature cdp don't think I will ever sell these speakers .... just something about them .... they sync very well with the amp and cdp bass is excellent (these are transmission design) ... they have the...
  10. D

Blackened Steak

these potjies are superb and cook better than the Le Crueset pots .... solid ... and very heavy ... these are the traditional south african pots and are used throughout africa by indigenous people you can use the pot to bake bread, make stews, soups or even a whole chicken with potato and...
  11. D

How do you make a 'Proper' Curry?

I am a pretty nifty cook .... but can never make a curry that is as good as the curry take away places here in the UK ... have tried some recipices from the internet, but nowhere near as good any secrets/recipies?
  12. D

Anyone doctor up a frozen pizza

am going to try this on saturday .... sounds a lot nicer than plain toasted cheese sandwiches and am sure that the kids will love this ...
  13. D

Anyone doctor up a frozen pizza

used to work in a 'proper' pizza place when I was 16 .... an old italian restaurant that used a wood burning oven .... so am pretty nifty in making a pizza from scratch .... I dont have a wood burning oven, but can be done on a weber BBQ using wood on one side and the pizza on a pizza tray with...
  14. D

Latest acquisition SA 9800

I have a Pioneer SA-9800 and am well pleased .... it is my pride and joy and am sure that you will be very happy a service/recap in the UK costs from £130-£250 depending if anything else needs to be changed .... also good to check all solder joints etc would love to send mine to echowars...
  15. D

Blackened Steak

nice recipe! just to confirm, when you say dutch oven, do you mean one of these? ... am ex south african, I have one of these which is called a Potjie .... am not sure if its the same thing as a dutch oven?
  16. D

New speakers vs 'vintage'...

IMF TLS80 .... in the uk, you can find them on ebay in mint condition for approx £600-£800 .... these are 4-way transmission design and the best speakers I have ever owned .... you will have to spend a lot of money to get new that are better old Celestion Ditton 66 .... a good pair can be...
  17. D

Speaker cables

I have an old Pioneer SA-9800 amp connected to an old marantz CD63 MKII K1 signature cdp and an old pair of B&W DM2 speakers have tried several comminations of speaker cable/interconnects and have settled on the following: old Hitachi SSX102K -LC-Ofc speaker cable ... brand new Silver...
  18. D

New speakers vs 'vintage'...

all my gear is old .... my old B&W DM2 speakers are nearly 30 years old .... have not been refurbished or modified and sound superb (to me) ... have however had the cabinets french polished (wife factor) ... these have the same tweeters and supertweeters as the old spendor BC1, except these...
  19. D

Cheap bookshelf speakers for near-field usage?

wharfedale diamond 9.1
  20. D

Which Small Desktop Speakers for a Sansui AU-101

thanks for the info guys .... will research these suggestions and see what's available on ebay UK :thmbsp:
  21. D

Oops .... maybe I am misreading? http://www.sansui.us/AU-999.htm
  22. D

thanks .... but don't think you have the same problem as me .... your amp is a lot more powerfull (140 watts @ 8 Ohm) .... should drive most speakers with ease .... would love one of those! :thmbsp:
  23. D

Hi Guys I am looking at setting up a small budget system connected for my pc .... It will be specifically used for Spotify (music streaming) After reading several threads, I have my mind set on an old Sansui AU-101 .... from what I gather, the AU-101 produces a warm 'tube like sound' ...
Back
Top Bottom