Search results

1. J

what do you do when listening to music?

when i have new albums to listen to, i do listen to it with no other distractions. When i am sitting in the room and just want to enjoy some tunes, i usually have the laptop with me, browse forums and shop for more vinyl online :)
  2. J

Two channel purists.

i am purely 2 channel these days. I got rid of my HT system including pj as it just never got used. The room got redone and is now purely 2 channel.
  3. J

second and 3rd arms on VPI HRX

I have been thinking of purchasing a second and maybe 3rd TT. One was going to be to setup a mono cart and the other one to run a valve phono stage to add a little bloom to recordings that can sound flat or a little harsh. However, looking at the HRX i can see potential in adding extra arms...
  4. J

Where do you place the stylus first?

yep, on the blank grooves. This gives you enough time to go sit down and enjoy it from the start of track 1. Not going to do any harm to your stylus
  5. J

Vinyl only spin list

today was the following
  6. J

Thanks again. yes, the clamp and outer ring are a clever design if you don't have a vacuum...

Thanks again. yes, the clamp and outer ring are a clever design if you don't have a vacuum setup. Sound, well i am biased, so will say it sounds nive :)
  7. J

Pics of your listening space

yes, well it is usually only myself in the room. However, when we watch a movie with the family, i have another 2 single seaters i bring into the room :)
  8. J

i wish it was an authentic one. No unfortunately its just one of the better replicas. Is it comfy, Hell yes, but try as many as you can as i found a huge variation between them. in the front of the room. If you go back a couple of pages you shall see them
  9. J

Thanks i only started with vinyl a few months back. All my cd's are stored elsewhere, and i only have the ones i spin every now and again in that room. Vinyl collection will grow over the years no doubt
  10. J

thanks i think self centered in what way?
  11. J

Hello The table is my first as i have always been a digital man until i was shown the way so to...

Hello The table is my first as i have always been a digital man until i was shown the way so to speak. The table is a VPI HRX with the upgraded 30pound super platter. inside the feet are air suspension bladders which virtually eliminates all acoustic feedback. it has the center clamp and...
  12. J

thanks for the kind words equipment list is as follows speakers are hand build by an Australian manufacturer SGR Audio They are called ocatagons They are a full active speaker system and come with their own amps which you can also view on their web site pre amp: Moon P5 cd: Esoteric...
  13. J

Vinyl only spin list

todays playlist
  14. J

here is my listening space back of the room front of room
  15. J

hello from down under!

Welcome Fellow Melbournian enjoy your stay.
  16. J

Vinyl only spin list

tonight i am spinning the following
  17. J

HELLo from OZ!

Welcome fellow Aussie where the bloody hell have you been :)
  18. J

Record & Stylus cleaning. What sucks & doesn't?

I use a nitty griity 1.5Fi for my vinyl and last stylus cleaner seems to do the job fine for me. Reason i went for the nitty gritty over the vpi was i like the idea of the clean side not touching anything when cleaning the other side
  19. J

hello from Australia

another Aussie welcome MATE :)
  20. J

Greetings from the Land down under

thanks to all again for the warm welcome hope i can contribute to the forum and learn some more from all of you
  21. J

My new VPI Classic. Pictures and first impressions.

lovely table and i have been thinking of grabbing one myself to use purely for a mono setup. I have the HRX which i adore, but like the simple lines of this one. All the user reviews so far have been glowing which is great to see.
  22. J

Brothers in arms is a good listen on LP :-)

it is a good album, i have it on LP, cd and SACD and find the lp and sacd come very close in SQ enjoyable album to listen to though
  23. J

showing off my new record storage

for that orice you can't go wrong
  24. J

Greetings from the Land down under

thnaks kindly for the warm welcome all
Back
Top Bottom