Search results

1. jpalkhivala

Kenwood Owners Show Us Your Kenwoods!

Top to bottom; KT-7500, KT-7550, KT-9900, KA-9150, Supreme 650, KA-8150, KA-7150, KA-6150
  2. jpalkhivala

Kenwood KA-9150 joins the Supreme 650, vive le bronze! :)
  3. jpalkhivala

THIS .... was worth the wait ... :banana:
  4. jpalkhivala

Battle of the looks - Kenwood 700 vs Sansui 3000

I vote Sansui hands down for looks
  5. jpalkhivala

Luxman owners can you share pics of your luxman equipment?

Most beautiful and probably one of the rarest Luxman of them all :)
  6. jpalkhivala

Kenwood KA-9100 Wood Cabinet Refinish

Use medium or fine steel wool soaked in the alcohol/thinner mixture to remove any stubborn bits of old finish, in the corners, etc. you need to strip off all the old finish down to bare wood. The chemicals will not harm the wood but beware of the fumes, use good ventilation or do it outdoors. If...
  7. jpalkhivala

Booyah this just arrived and *whew* no shipping damage! Now patiently waiting for @hopjohn's upcoming and soon to be definitive 600 restoration guide :) Model 650 serial number 530508:
  8. jpalkhivala

KT-7550 with the wood case :)
  9. jpalkhivala

Kenwood KA-9100 Wood Cabinet Refinish

The veneer on these cases is very thin so a chemical strip is the only way to remove the finish without damage, sanding is very risky. I have had success using a 50/50 mixture of lacquer thinner and 90%+ alcohol. Apply liberally with a cotton rag, it will strip the old finish and remove any...
  10. jpalkhivala

Thanks @rxonmymind, my CL-40 is a Japanse version (100 VAC) but there was distribution in Europe and North America however those versions are nearly impossible to find and I have never seen one. At that time Luxman was in its' last days before Alpine and had really messed up product distribution...
  11. jpalkhivala

Luxman 8030 - a modular plug-in step-up transformer or SUT for use with MC phono cartridges. The 8030 plugs into the back of a few Luxman preamp models, or alternatively with the separate AD-8000 adapter. There were 3 different SUT models with different ratios for specific cartridges. These are...
  12. jpalkhivala

Luxman M-02 is a nice looking amp!
  13. jpalkhivala

Nightwisher's Systems In "Luxman's Room" And Beyond: Some New And Lots of Vintage

Here's my system from a couple of years ago, some of the equipment has been replaced since then, all vintage Japanese goodness :) Pioneer M-25 solid state amp Luxman CL-38 tubed preamp Kenwood KF-8011 de-noiser Luxman CL-36U tubed preamp Kenwood KR-8340 'two-four' quad receiver Luxman MQ-80...
  14. jpalkhivala

Thanks Rocknrum, a Luxman KMQ-80 is in the current amp rotation :)
  15. jpalkhivala

I can't remember if I had posted pictures before but this one is worth repeating; the one and only Luxman CL-40 from ~1983, this is my favourite preamp of all time! The CL-40 showcases everything Luxman was capable of while still operating as an independent company. Luxman dates back to 1925 so...
  16. jpalkhivala

Japanese-only L-309x with a matching T-310U tuner.
  17. jpalkhivala

How Many Kenwood/Trio Components Have you Heard/Owned?

Heh. What I meant to say was Heard but not Owned. :)
  18. jpalkhivala

RSIIIb - Jioned the Infinity Club this weekend

EMIT cobalt magnet ribbon tweeters, Polydome mids, dual 10" woofers, these are great speakers! You need a decent solid state amp that can drive a low impedance load to get the most out of them. Have fun!
  19. jpalkhivala

RS III a/b Why produced only from 1984 to 1987?

I can't answer your question directly but I owned a pair of RS IIIb's myself which were in a sorry state when I bought them. After re-foaming the woofers and restoring everything else they were one the best bang for the buck deals I ever made. Great sounding speakers at any price. I liked them...
Back
Top Bottom