Search results

1. blhagstrom

Speaker ID by parts

Got a mystery speaker frim trash. Parts look familiar but not enough to be sure. Anyone know for sure? 2 way, nice wood cab. Gawd, this camara can suck.
  2. blhagstrom

Sansui G22000 G33000 dead meters

Just fixed a G22000 with dead meters. This may cover the G33000 too. I put this info in the thread about the meters where everyone went off on the reed relay being the problem. I had a guy contact me about finding an IC for the board, been looking for two years because someone told him that...
  3. blhagstrom

Yamaha CR-2020 tuner electrical static arcing sound on start?

Got a good looking CR-2020 on the bench. Rebuilt the power supply. A lot of issues there. Hard to access, to damn many parts. Missing part(?), factory defect, self destructing if you miss something. Hate them. Got the voltages sorted out and all other upgrades. Amps working fine. On cold...
  4. blhagstrom

Has anyone here heard of or have DB100 speakers?

I scored a set of very large speakers with a Marantz 2270 in wood and Technics SL-1600 with a Shure V15 type something cartridge at and estate sale years ago. The speakers are DB100 or DB-100. One has and original glass top yet. Searching DB100 on inter web is useless. Try “DB100 speakers”...
  5. blhagstrom

Restored AU-9500 left channel loud static. Stumper

I got this AU-9500 that was restored/recapped by a decent tech following good info here on AK. It would occasionally have a start up static on one side. Chased my tail on that. It's definitely the pre-amp/tone board. The known noisy transistors had been replaced. I eventually replaced all the...
  6. blhagstrom

OPPO BDP-83 power supply issue fix

Just picked up a couple OPPO BDP-83 Blu-Ray players. Note said power supply problem. A peak inside discovered a pair of cap look vented on top. 2200uf 16V Board plugs in with 3 connectors. Squeeze type and the one near the transport is a pain to unhook in place. Remove the other two connectors...
  7. blhagstrom

Pioneer TX-8500 II problem

Diagnosed with no FM output to speak of. Meters all showed good dialing in stations. Stereo lamp showed MPX lock. Very very faint audio. I figured the AF amp. Voltage check showed odd voltage on pin 10 (11?) Got a replacement and installed it. No joy. Chased traces, re-capped on the lines. No...
  8. blhagstrom

Topping A30 power supply?

Anyone have a Topping A30 headphone amp that could measure and tell me the pinout on the power supply? I found one web page that said 14V AC and 6V AC. I have a lot of odd power supplies. Chances are NONE are correct. But, don't know till you try and fail. Sigh
  9. blhagstrom

Mutli-Channel Amps. Home theater separates.

I haven't seen much talk here about multi-channel amps. Except for a few for sale on BT. I have had many over the years from my side business and they seem under appreciated. As in, they don't flip well. I figure A) they are too new for this place or B) no one want's 12 -16 stereo channels...
  10. blhagstrom

Yamaha CA-610 II problem. Stumped

Minor fix years ago. Cap near power caps. Sat for years. Fired it up and sold it off. Working fine. One day, no click. Took a look. Started "fixing" Stumped. Maybe writing it out will help, maybe a reader can toss me a clue or cause a brain cell to wake up. I have a little over 11V DC on the...
  11. blhagstrom

Odd Speaker (part?) ID

Anyone know (guess) what these are? No marking inside. Simple sand cast resistor and inductor coil. Looks like it may be a Neodymium magnet. Open frame (but the "cabinet" is sealed. Dust on cone and forcing plug so I don't think its a pendulum speaker.
  12. blhagstrom

Marantz 2330B returned to service

Came out of a local shop. Amp out on one side. One of the 2SA912 had died. Recapped the amp and replaced all the 2SA912s.
  13. blhagstrom

Marantz 2240 from trash

Found this in the junk pile. Gave it a couple hours on the bench.
  14. blhagstrom

Sansui 8080 Little Help Request

Hi, Can someone with an 8080 handy do me a little favor? I have one in for fix/restore and someone has been hacking on it. I have a loose yellow wire from the F-2431 regulator board that I believe goes to the tuner or perhaps the light system. They have also hacked out the FM Stereo lamp and...
  15. blhagstrom

Amp cooler

Just discovered that these are available for small change. Elan Fan2 Nice platform configuration that blows up. Set that hot amp on top and cool the amp while heating the house.
  16. blhagstrom

Heathkit Impedance Bridge

What's its use?
  17. blhagstrom

Marantz 2330B restored, dead channel, repair info

A 2330B came in from a friend that has been restored by one of our best. One channel was out. Tracking it down to the amp. Checking the rail voltages showed a missing negative rail on the dead channel. Since it has a semi dual power supply system, semi because it shares a single transformer, it...
  18. blhagstrom

Swedish potato sausage

Was told this is/was a Christmas delicacy from Sweden. Grandpa figured out you can freeze it and so you can make and store lots. The meat fat protects the potatoes during freezing(?) OH, probably because you need ND Red River RED Potatos.Those bastards are hardy! Need to bake them for an HOUR to...
  19. blhagstrom

Restored Sansui AU-9500 strange power up noise

Stumped. Picked up a restored AU-9500 from Josh. He followed the AK thread by Leestereo or Kevzep, that details the restore. I know all that is good. The work is good, the parts are good, etc... Separating the amps showed the noise to come from the pre-amp, or at least not the amps. Josh...
  20. blhagstrom

Estate Sale Score Marantz and Shield Crest (?)

Swung through town to ship stuff out. Local neighborhood had a yard sale announced so planned on quick stops. Happened onto an estate sale. Asking price, $25. Marantz 2220B and some homebrew speakers. Speakers were actually offered free, but I gave them $20 for them. Waiting for the...
  21. blhagstrom

Marantz 2325 FM IF problem signal meter

Got a 2325 from the owner to check out. He says he's had the unit a long time. Things worked but not well. Power supply AFU. Old repair with old parts, regulator thing. Fixed that, checked amps completely, recapped them, all good. FM working but not well. FM signal level meter not when DOLBY...
  22. blhagstrom

Sansui G9700 bias setting?

Anyone know what the bias setting is on the G9700? Service manual has typo. Says DC +/-5mv Saw some posts saying 5mv but -5mv is 0v which can’t be right.
  23. blhagstrom

Kenwood KA-6000 mystery issue in the amp

Long read. I think I covered everything but I’m blocked. Maybe writing it out will trip a brain cell to ON. Came with one side outputs shorted. Those fried the emitter resistors and cooked some resistors on the driver board. Planned on total restore anyway just due to age and the 2SC458...
  24. blhagstrom

Sansui G9700 Little Help Please

Have a basket case on the bench. Aborted repair attempt, its really blown up 6/8 outputs blown, 6/8 emitter resistors open, etc... Output board broken. Main amp output boards on the heat sinks. Wires clipped. I sorted out the wires that are there but the RED and WHITE wires from the upper...
  25. blhagstrom

Dynaco ST-70 Upgrade Board ID

Anyone know who made this board? Just got the amp and it doesn't bias "as usual". The bias circuit is "different" Individual bias resistors but timed to the same single pot. WTF sense in that? It looks similar to the Triode board. but they now talk about a new improved version of the new...
Back
Top Bottom