Search results

1. Descartridge

Refurbed Time Windows

Bought cheap. Disassembled- arduously heavy sanding of the caps planed all of the dried glue stained and coated the top walnut veneered caps (further refinish upcoming) sprayed flat black on all other cap surfaces Installed surplus white socks Installed brass spikes Now sounding beautiful in...
  2. Descartridge

How do I bias this DejaVu monobloc 300B amp?

Please excuse this question from a tube amp neophyte. I have a pair of DejaVu monobloc 300B amplifiers. How do I set the bias and what is the optimal value? Please see the pic. In the upper left corner is a black button with an orifice that I think is to be used for adjustment.
  3. Descartridge

Phase Linear 8000 Series 2, advise needed

This nice-looking Phase Linear 8000 Series 2 works well "manually" after near-perfect leveling. The arm tracks an LP well and the speed is quartz locked. The problems are it's automatic performance is severely lacking; the disc that moves the arm does not advance the arm the end of LP arm...
  4. Descartridge

AR XA mystery pulley

What’s the function of this driven pulley connected to the main drive?
  5. Descartridge

Great 3 way/ Pony express transaction with Tgranger and Blue Shadow

Both AKers, Tgranger and Blue Shadow, are highly recommended gentlemen.
  6. Descartridge

Kenwood TT ID Pls

7. Descartridge

Dustcover surgery

My turntable, a pioneer pll1000, has a seriously damaged top panel. Since I cannot find a replacement I plan to cut out the top panel and replace the top, gluing it n place. Cutting plexiglass and polycarbonate so that te edges are not ragged is the biggest challenge I think. Anyone? Tips?
  8. Descartridge

Southeast PA Audio Society Get Together 6/11/23, New Hope, PA

What a grand time we had. The guys were GREAT.:) In the attached photo, from the bottom, left to right are: Row 1- Chris (aka ChrisP2), Keith (Blue Shadow), Dave (sharpstik) Row 2- Yours truly (Descartridge), Tom, Bill, (BillWojo), Thain (Gadget73) As host, I proudly had a blast, learned a lot...
  9. Descartridge

Where can I get this terminal?

One of my ProAc speaker terminals was sheared off. Where can I obtain one?
  10. Descartridge

Great dealings with Hoodie

He is highly recommended.
  11. Descartridge

Cartridge ID please

12. Descartridge

How do you clean speaker cloth?

I have Vandersteen Ones and the speaker cloths are dirty. Is there any way to clean the cloths "in place" without taking the speakers apart?
  13. Descartridge

Price check: Revel original Studio loudspeakers

PLMK what the value might be of these very rare Revel original Studio loudspeakers. Thanks.
  14. Descartridge

Dynaudio speakers ID ?

Please advise if you know the model of these Dynaudio speakers? Thanks.
  15. Descartridge

Rega Tonearm ID please

WHich model is this? thanks.
  16. Descartridge

What tone arm is this?

made in Japan
  17. Descartridge

Simple way to achieve accurate balance...

I've used this Online Tone Generator - White, Pink, Brown Noise and my Apple watch decibel meter to measure, adjust and achieve very good stereo balance.
  18. Descartridge

B&K Sonata Power Supply Help

I have acquired a B&K Pro 10 MC Sonata preamp without the requisite power supply. Please see this schematic for a possible DIY Build (or PLMK a source). https://www.hifiengine.com/hfe_downloads/index.php?bk_components/bk_components_pro_10_mc_schematic.pdf THANKS.
  19. Descartridge

Building a turntable, based on a 3009

I have never understood why renowned turntable designers use suspension while others avoid suspension. I am planning to build a turntable, a Technics SP15, with the key design feature being the use of a SME 3009. The plinth deck will be rigid either MDF or polycarbonate. The easiest design would...
  20. Descartridge

Price check: Winged C EL 509 II vacuum tubes

I have three Winged C EL 509 II power tubes which are no longer obtainable. The tubes had been used in a pair of modified Luxman MB3045s. Please let me know their approximate value. Thanks.
  21. Descartridge

NICE RACK

PLMK which company manufactured this 6 shelf component rack, image 1. It is of high quality and well designed and manufactured. Details: images 2 and 3 The shelves are the usual "black ash".
  22. Descartridge

What is this, a turntable?

It has a hinged dustcover and a power cord???
  23. Descartridge

Great Sound care of desron65

I've had a fine transaction with desron65 who is highly recommended. :banana:
  24. Descartridge

Desperately seeking a Beveridge model 3 schematic

Please help.
Back
Top Bottom