Search results

1. R

buy of the year? Tell me what they are...

um, forgot to say why they may be my buy of the year... 35 hard earned bucks. well, plus tax and buyers fee. 41.00 :banana:
  2. R

decisions, decisions not sure what would sound better, but it's a tough choice without some serious demo time.. CRS+ as mains Allison II's as mains Sawafuji digital 20 as mains. Arguably the coolest looking with the grilles off.
  3. R

here ya go.... a few more shots, yes, they are functional, and sound pretty damn good. They might make good surrounds for my HT, with my CRS+ or Allison II's in the front :lurk: Can't have a 109" screen and not have cool effin speaks.
  4. R

Greek Revival Speakers?

awwww, pretty soon you guys are gonna start hammering on triangular speakers....... and its just a matter of time before the allison junkies fight back, with sharp, pointy teeth!
  5. R

quick specs help?

Looking at a pair of towers with the following specs, are these hopeful, dismal, or can't you really tell anything without applying power to them? Here is a link to their descendant: http://www.dbdynamics.com.au/fr_getprod.cfm?SessionId=2165&action=header_fr_bestsellers At a standstill...
  6. R

couple of possible additions, one pretty unknown to me...

got a little info last night from australia looks like dbdynamics was assimilated by wharfdale somehow and he sent me this, what do you guys think of these specs? (I know very little of how to interpret the specs, some would be greatly appreciated. Roger Manning appears to be a managing...
  7. R

couple of possible additions, one pretty unknown to me...

looking at a pair of db dynamics eclipse series and center channel (made in NZ from what I can gather, tall, slim, a couple of mids and a tweet on top, and a 8" or so woof on the side of each. Bi wirable, yellow cones, dunno what they might be made of) and a pair of advent heritage floor...
  8. R

anyone have a dahlquist pdq 1500 sub manual they

could email me??? Just grabbed one my dad will probably sell to me to check it out, and it makes a "ticking" noise when powered up. Ran it with a dvd to check out to see if any noise came out, nada. It powers up but no thumpity thump. Any ideas on what might be wrong?
  9. R

Allison Two's - my find of the day

listening to my pair now. perfect shape from a garage sale this spring. 20 bucks I think. I aint giving em up ever
  10. R

anyone remember--

have a pair of dlk 1 1/2's in my basement as we speak. one of the tweeters on one was replaced with some rat shack garbage, and I need to resolder a lead or two, but they are pretty nice.
  11. R

what would you put where?

posted this in speakers, but thought that wasn't quite the right spot, here would be more appropriate, I think. I thought I might ask you guys where you would place my different choices for surround sound in my theater, and what you would put in my home office. The choices I have for mains...
  12. R

what would you put where?

I thought I might ask you guys where you would place my different choices for surround sound in my theater, and what you would put in my home office. The choices I have for mains, surrounds and centers are as follows. Mains: SDA CRS+ Allison Twos SDA II's dlk 1 1/2's Surrounds: any of...
  13. R

Probably junk, But I bought them anyway...

I just got a pair of KG2s also. Damn near perfect, sound very very nice. I paid 30.
  14. R

Beer?

ahhhhhh, beer. Summit Extra Pale Ale. Nectar of the Gods. Hoppy, smooth, served on tap by my moonlighting teacher goddess at the home of the St. Paul Saints. Brewed in beautiful St. Paul Minnesota on the banks of the mighty Mississippi. And about 6 of their other flavors, IPA, Porter, Wheat...
  15. R

How many speakers do you own?

ahhhhhhhhh crap. Change mine to 36. Just got 2 Klipsch KG2s in perfect conditon today at a garage sale.. 30 bucks.
  16. R

I assume you dont count headphones... ;-)
  17. R

ummmm...... is 34 too many? well, I cant count the HK computer speakers as a pair... or shouldn't, should I? So...32
  18. R

What are your favorite vintage speakers?

I don't know whether I might get slapped for this, but I still like my JBL 2800's too. Made and bought new in the 80s, and of 5 or 6 recording studios I was in the MPLS area, 3 or 4 had these as monitors in the booth.
  19. R

What are your favorite vintage speakers?

hmmmm... being somewhat new to the vintage speaker world, I will vote for the 3 pairs of nice ones I have, in order of nothing.... Polk SDA CRS + Allison Twos. Polk SDA II
Back
Top Bottom