Search results

1. rwartner

Recommended vintage repair (review) Phoenix Arizona

In last couple weeks I brought 3 amps to be repaired at Arizona Video Electronics and I am very happy with the results. Sony STR-GX80ES Pioneer A-88X Sony TA-F700ES Within couple days I would get a call with diagnosis, cost estimate and when to pickup. Only took a few days for each I brought...
  2. rwartner

Maverick D1+

I've had a Maverick D1 since 2010 running nonstop. Works great. Decided to spend some money and upgrade to D1+. I wanted the volume control and have tubes and opamps. The D1+ has upgraded USB and DAC chips. I bought the bare bones unit. Took 1 week from China. DHL delivered it on...
  3. rwartner

Maverick D1 with Sparkos OpAmp

Got a Sparkos Dual Op Amp SS3602. Need 2 risers stacked to get it high enough. Sounds very nice. Great service support from Sparkos.
  4. rwartner

Getting logged out

Lately - every once in a while I get logged out. I will be reading a thread and an ad will appear in the middle of the page. Says I have to register to disable the ad and I am now logged out. Has happened in different forums. Wondering if this is just my computer. I have scanned it...
  5. rwartner

A-88X refurbish wanted

I have A-88X for about 5 years. Left channel has gone out. I do not have the capability of fixing. I have brought amps to local repair and the fixes don't last. So looking for someone who is interested in going through this amp and doing whatever necessary. Thanks.
  6. rwartner

Windows 10 and Maverick D1

I have 2 laptops that I upgraded to Windows 10. The newer Lenovo laptop has issues. Slow performance. It has 2 3.0 USB and 1 2.0 USB. Problems getting the USB ports to work. I had a large music library on the C drive around 800 gigs erased that. At first I thought there was something...
  7. rwartner

Tape-Rec load

I connect amps using Tape-Rec (output) to Aux (input). How much stress/load does the Tape-Rec put on the amp? For instance I connect a set of speakers to amp and then output via Tape-Rec to external amp. Works great but wondering if I am stressing the amp.
  8. rwartner

SA-1000 bulb and knobs

I recently purchased SA-1000. Cosmetically it is in good shape except needs cleaning. It seems to work fine - lucky me. Biggest problem is moldy sorta smell. Will give it an alcohol bath. The power lamp/bulb does not come on. It looks like the lamp fixture slides out. Does...
  9. rwartner

SA-9800 is jealous

I guess I am not supposed to brag about new toys. I say nice things about SA-9100 and SA-9800 quits. Coincidence I don't think so. This is spooky. It powers up fine and sound comes out of the tape REC/Play (one of those) but not the speakers. The speakers themselves work fine. Has...
  10. rwartner

My Pioneer speaker family

Picked up pair of HPM-1100s over weekend. Starting a speaker family. L2R: HPM-1100, CS-99a, CS-99aa, HPM-100. Didn't know how many of you have seen these together so figured I'd post them. Hard to accurately compare (at least for me). They all sound good. I wouldn't bet on a...
  11. rwartner

SA-9800 TX-9800 wood cases

I was surprised at the poor quality of the TX-9800 wood case. Mark (hallmarkwood) made me new cases. Mark only lives a few miles from me so I was able to visit him a couple of times. He is nutty about stereo gear and has all sorts of stuff including many Pioneer pieces. Had fun...
Back
Top Bottom