Search results

1. D

Pretty nice living room listening space w/ good WAF

No complaints from me and congrats of having a more accepting wife than mine :D
  2. D

Do you remember the first album you bought?

:guitar::rockon::guitar:
  3. D

Pics of your listening space

Cool project :thmbsp: You should start your own thread and update your progress and post additional pictures along the way :yes:
  4. D

Don's updated listening space

Thanks, I think :headscrat
  5. D

The idea here, since this is a spare bedroom, would be to not do anything that would hamper it being returned to a bedroom. The idea I had is based on a "barn door" roller set up. The rails are aluminum stock with some chrome spacers taking them about one inch off the wall. I countersunk the...
  6. D

No it's not dead and if anything the left side is a bit more alive than the right. I'm thinking I will try some tube traps for first and second deflection points at some point.
  7. D

The room is 9ft wide and just under 10ft deep with standard 8ft ceilings. Less than ideal for sure. But I'm not complaining and am grateful to have a dedicated space. The room had become a catch all and wasn't being put to any use so I claimed it :D Some additional shots of showing the rest...
  8. D

Current Gear Your Spouse Would Use If You Passed Tonight?

The T.V. is about it. She wouldn't use the rest and probably wouldn't sell it either. She say's its part of me in a way and selling it would just seem wrong. I do however every few years update the value of my gear so if she did decide to sell she wouldn't simply give it away.
  9. D

No, the panels are not DIY, they are from GIK Acoustics's. Generally I am a DIY person but not this time. I did however come up with a cool, if I do say so myself, mounting for the rear wall bass trap. :D
  10. D

Recently sold the Shunyata Hydra 8 and replaced it with the Hydra Talos. Not a huge difference over the 8 but a do like what I'm hearing. Highs have a bit more shimmer, voices seem a bit more natural, bass a little more defined. Sound stage opened up some and nice roll off/decay.
  11. D

Some recent additions to round things out. Now running all Shunyata Research Black Mamba power cords: CX's on the CDP, VPI SDS, VPI Classic 3. HC/CX's feeding the Shunyata Hydra 8 and the Luxman integrated. Also picked up a Bob's Devices SUT, this improved the mid's and highs somewhat but had...
  12. D

Show Off Your Small Listening Space

It's never going to be perfect but I've really tried to make the most of it. The biggest improvement came from the room treatment (bass traps). I debating on treating the side walls, first and second reflection points. Next to the left speaker are sliding closet doors, the right speaker in next...
  13. D

Show Off Your Small Listening Space

Small dedicated room, about 9ft by 10ft with standard 8ft ceiling.
  14. D

Decided to try a different speaker. The Harbeth 7ES3's, while a great speaker never seemed to work just as I had hoped in my space so they are now in a new home. In their place a pair of Reference 3A Dulcets. What I like about the 3A's is the main driver runs full range and gives lots of detail...
  15. D

Ever displayed your vinyl like this?

Yes but the art (cover) itself is no accident. Back before CD's,when LP's were the king music artists and record companies put lots of thought and effort into the cover. It is art and deserves to be treated as such. Anyway, not trying to bust your chops or anything, to each his/her own.
  16. D

Ever displayed your vinyl like this?

For me I prefer the framed look but there are many great ways to display the music you love :thmbsp:
  17. D

Thanks guys :thmbsp: The panels are from GIK Acoustics's, front wall has two pairs of Tri-Traps and behind the listening chair is a Monster Trap. 9ft by 10ft.
  18. D

VPI Turntable Owners Thread

Went from a modded HW19JR to a Classic 3 running a Shelter 501MKii.
  19. D

At this time 6 years ago.............

One day at a time, CONGRATS :thmbsp::thmbsp:
  20. D

a few updates: room acoustical treatments and some wall art.
  21. D

ever been robbed?

Had my home broken into about eight years ago. Tossed the whole place and made off with lots of jewelry and wristwatches. About $50K in all, mostly watches. Anyway my wife thinks she came home when they were still there. She parked her car in the garage, got out and walked right into the house...
Back
Top Bottom