Search results

1. MX117.MC7150

What's your (current) dream car?

Mercedes AMG C63 S would suit me fine. Almost practical while still being insane would be perfect.
  2. MX117.MC7150

AK Retiree Club

Doing the same as before retirement, just more of it. Travel (mostly international - winter on the Riviera is the same $$ as winter in FL, just without out the politics), competitve shooting (loading bench is at the far end of my listening area), music & gear, reading, cooking & gardening. Try...
  3. MX117.MC7150

Fastest battleship in the world

Read an account of the 2nd Battle (naval) of Guadalcanal to see how deadly those 16" rifles were in actual battle when properly handled.
  4. MX117.MC7150

Farewell USS Enterprise.

Was a "Nuc" aboard the Enterprise from the fall of '69 to the fall of '71. Part of the refueling crew in the Newport News shipyard until I flew off her while she was on combat patrol off of Vietnam in the fall of '71. Standing on top of the island watching flight ops was always entertaining for...
  5. MX117.MC7150

Sony ps x800 vs ps x75 ?

Am quite pleased with my PS-X75. Enough so that I sold my Denon DP-80.
  6. MX117.MC7150

On a sad Klipsch note

Not unusual where a small company is taken over by a large one. Gets loaded with the large companies overhead. Wish the heritage line the best of luck.
  7. MX117.MC7150

analog vs digital

Have a fair bit tied up in both analog & digital. Only recently, to my ears, has digital mostly (say 85-90%) caught up to vinyl. Still prefer vinyl for serious listening. But, the convenience of digital cannot be denied.
  8. MX117.MC7150

Show Us Your Sonys!!!

You could made a set. Terrific integrated amp.
  9. MX117.MC7150

Who makes the best sump pumps?

I figure they are a "throw - away" item and get the cheaper ones from HD. If they last longer than a year I figure I'm ahead.
  10. MX117.MC7150

RIP Terry DeWick

Sad to read. Terry was a great guy as well as a top-knotch tech. The tuners he aligned for me were always the best sounding. May he RIP.
  11. MX117.MC7150

What does everyone own for tube gear!

Down to a pair of VAS Citation II monoblocks. Need a Sonic Frontiers or ARC preamp.
  12. MX117.MC7150

Recommended McIntosh equipment and experience

Congrats! Good stuff. However, being a McIntosh owner since the MC2255 came out, I'll stick with new. Enjoy!!
  13. MX117.MC7150

Super Bowl Half Time Alternatives?

Could not agree less. All this century and most of the previous Superbowl acts have been terrible, or worse. I listened to a Lightning Hopkins LP until the game resumed. At least it was a 'quality' game to the end.
  14. MX117.MC7150

Dynaco FM3 Front end won't align

Fixed it. Try again.
  15. MX117.MC7150

Dynaco FM3 Front end won't align

Join this group and ask here. Some very talented FM folks. One of them specializes in the FM3. https://fmtuners.groups.io/g/main/messages
  16. MX117.MC7150

Denon DP80 & DP75 Owner's Thread

Well............... when I think about a tonearm fitting on a plinth I'm thinking it fits with the stock dustcover. But, perhaps that's just me.
  17. MX117.MC7150

Thanks. Does the dustcover still operate correctly (don't see the hinges, etc.)?
  18. MX117.MC7150

Post a picture. I'd like to see a 12" arm on the DK-300.
  19. MX117.MC7150

Show Us Your Sonys!!!

Never noticed that any of my Sony or Yamaha VFET pieces ever had a particular smell. Perhaps the couple that had lived with smokers before I got them. Same with all the standard BJT pieces of Sony and Yamaha (a few dozen) I've owned over the years. No particular "bad" odor.
  20. MX117.MC7150

I Regressed And Bought A New Watch

Yes. Seems to be one of their better watches. If were me, I would contact Seiko and ask for directions on getting it serviced. If you've had for several years it may need to be cleaned & lubed. If relatively new, may just need a simple adjustment.
  21. MX117.MC7150

I Regressed And Bought A New Watch

If an 'up-scale' Seiko, then they will service it. If a cheapo model, then not worth the trouble. Just buy a replacement or have the movement replaced.
  22. MX117.MC7150

You can have mine, with a tonearm, for half that................... That 2900 pounds is expensive to my way of thinking.
  23. MX117.MC7150

Phono Pre-Amp

My guess is the C658, being quite new, has a decent MM phono stage. If you are serious, check out the QHW 'The Vinyl'. I thought it was excellent with both MM & MM inputs so can run two turntables.
  24. MX117.MC7150

Show Us Your Sonys!!!

Yes. No question in my mind that 5650 is creme de la creme of integrated amps. If only it had a remote (I've gotten so lazy in my old age).
  25. MX117.MC7150

Show Us Your Sonys!!!

My pleasure. My ST-F7B was recapped and aligned by one of our most well regarded tuner-techs, so was in tip-top condition. I'm thinking it is simply too much of a good thing with its 7-gang tuning and digital readout, etc. While lots of fun, I'm not sure it would make my top-10 list of the...
Back
Top Bottom