Search results

1. dew042

Minnesota

Indeed. I've relocated to Moundsview now. Too many hobbies now, not around here as much. As I always say, the maple trees aren't going tap themselves.
  2. dew042

Your daily bumpersnicker!

"I enjoy seed art and I vote" I have no idea WTH that means.
  3. dew042

Repair tech recommendations near Minneapolis/St Paul

Bummer. OP already tried Mark at ASL, was rejected.
  4. dew042

Repair tech recommendations near Minneapolis/St Paul

Found this in an old thread, Tim: https://alexav.com/
  5. dew042

Blade Runner sequel....

You all are so pessimistic. With Roger Deakins onboard for cinematography, it will be beautifully shot and Denis Villeneuve directing (Sicaro) I have hopes. Star Trek and Tron both got rebooted recently, I enjoyed them. .dew.
  6. dew042

Better Call Saul

7. dew042

tmad's computer setup

I bet those JBL's sound great in a nearfield setup like that.
  8. dew042

My sympathy Viking fans

Seeing all the sadness on Minnesotan faces does get to me. We are proud people. .dew.
  9. dew042

My sympathy Viking fans

Zeppelin-sized epic choke jobs are what we specialize in. At this point in my fandom I have learned to expect it and laugh. .dew.
  10. dew042

Gonna buy a truck

They are pretty fun to drive, I'd probably done less work if mine was a second car. Oh well. Your might be far enough along that a lot of the work I mentioned was already done, like you said. Never buy a truck around 100K is what I learned. .dew.
  11. dew042

Gonna buy a truck

Welcome to the club specialidiot. My adventure over the last year with my S10 has made me more than familiar with pretty much every problem you will likely run into. You have a rattle, perhaps several that will send you to the funny farm. I'd put money on it. Third door is persistent, but...
  12. dew042

Cheap computer pci DAC/soundcard

A veiled insult is unnecessary. Fifteen years of professional hardware and software troubleshooting makes me quite able to troubleshoot effectively. My experience on multiple systems was that the drivers for the 2496 were quirky and required more work to get them stable than was worth the...
  13. dew042

Goodwill raided by FBI

First off, I sounded snippy. My apologies. I just read everything with a skeptical viewpoint these days because the media is more than happy to give us half the story in the interest of whipping up anger. Goodwill is not headquartered in Memphis, a simple search can reveal this information. The...
  14. dew042

Goodwill raided by FBI

The raid has to do with a federal agency, Abilityone and its contracts that may not have been living up to their goals, not the resale and donation business of Goodwill. The article clearly details the programs specifically, you should read it. In the absence of further explanation for the...
  15. dew042

Tom Brady suspended 4 games

If we apply the same level of fairness that the NFL did for the arbitration, it should follow that Tom Brady will oversee and rule on the appeal. The next round of CBA talks should be really fun, you can thank Goodell for that one. .dew.
  16. dew042

The Killing

In the same vein, but completely better is The Fall, with Gillian Anderson. Its on the edge of your seat gripping. Netflix has it on streaming. .dew.
  17. dew042

The Killing

Holder is up there as one of my favorite TV characters of all time. A classic don't judge a book by its cover character. Part white trash punk, part shrewd and clever cop. .dew.
  18. dew042

Cheap computer pci DAC/soundcard

M-Audio's driver support is exactly why I left them behind. Fiddling with a product to get it to work should not be a prerequisite, especially something as simple as a sound card. Given the age of the cards you mention (ancient in computer time) I very much would question future support and a...
  19. dew042

Monster Jerking me around over warranty replacement

Agreed. The fight is a waste of time. Get the best model you can; stuff like that sells pretty easy. Get one from a better company. .dew.
  20. dew042

Time for a new desktop for my wife...

As others have mentioned - I like Asus stuff. The brands you mention are just like GM. Sure, they make Cadillacs, but they also make the Chevy Cruze. They have full line ups. As a basic rule, if you get something with an Intel Core i5/i7 you will be in the realm of whatever manufacturers nicer...
  21. dew042

Windows 10 update

I paid for it with Windows 8 for TV recording purposes, so I am a bit more bugged. .dew.
  22. dew042

Windows 10 update

WMP player is in each of the 4 upgrades I've done, so not sure what you are talking about. Yes, they have a new media player called Movies and TV. Perhaps you are thinking of Windows Media Center which has been phased out in 10? [grumble, grumble] .dew.
  23. dew042

Computer tips from a computer tech...

I am always amazed when I surf on someone else's computer and I say to myself "Wow, I never realized the internet was so filled with advertisements" Adblock is great. Has improved my life. .dew.
  24. dew042

AMD processors?

Last year I built an AMD based rig for my Dad. While the overall processing power was fine, and the price was attractive the bit that bugged me is the lag that I find on AMD based unit. Its like it gets up to 60mph fine, but when you put that hammer down the reaction time is delayed. It drives...
Back
Top Bottom