Search results

1. K

No more McIntosh LED kits

IMHO and understand it might not be as popular, I enjoy the original look for what they are - either bulbs in older units or LEDs in the newer units. I have owned units with LEDs installed in the older units, they are nice and lower maintenance for sure, but it's just not original. Enter the...
  2. K

Bookshelf speakers for MC 252

Look into the XR50s if you are interested in Mc speakers. I enjoy mine, and others have posted some good reviews.
  3. K

Opinions from the members here: McIntosh tube gear vs. solid state

I use a tube amp for easy listening all day while working, and have SS amp in living room for more family entertainment type situations.
  4. K

Betty Cantor-Jackson and the Grateful Dead's "Wall of Sound"

https://archive.org/details/gd77-05-08.sbd.hicks.4982.sbeok.shnf/gd77-05-08eaton-d1t01.shn
  5. K

Betty Cantor-Jackson and the Grateful Dead's "Wall of Sound"

yes, great show! Thanks for the write up!
  6. K

Look what I got.

Can you post a close up of the writing at the top? All I can make out is "McIntosh".
  7. K

McIntosh Sound Stage?

Thanks Kev!
  8. K

McIntosh Sound Stage?

sure, sponsorship makes sense. Would they use McIntosh equipment at all? Guess I have memories with the Dead back in the day....:)
  9. K

McIntosh Sound Stage?

Curious what this means for the August 18th concert.... http://www.dsgopen.com/
  10. K

Last Best Thing I Heard on My McIntosh

the Dead....
  11. K

MC275 - KT88 output tube not glowing

Had a similar experience recently with my MC2102. One bad tube after fuse blew, so replaced the KT88 pair with McIntosh tubes. Thanks AC/Ryan...:)
  12. K

McIntosh - Gorilla Glass

GG is made not too far from McIntosh......
  13. K

C50 Firmware Update Available

Thanks Ron.
  14. K

C50 Firmware Update Available

Ron - Assume this is for C48 too? Is it possible to get release notes of what's changed in the latest version? Would help decide if a trip to the dealer with the unit is necessary. Thanks, Keith
  15. K

Anybody using Chrome to McIntosh USB?

Agreed. I have that setup too. Windows>JR21>USB>C48...very happy. A lot of times I just stream online, so the Chromebook is fine for that, but understand there are many other source files out there.
  16. K

Yes, and if you look at the attached screen shot above of my desktop, looks like Google already did developer a driver. It seems to work well now, just needs to be reset sometimes. Although this happens in Windows as well sometimes too! And BTW - I have used Windows for a long time as an IT...
  17. K

Thanks Ron for the reply. See Chrome OS screen shot with McIntosh USB driver listed. I did not download and install this driver, it just showed up when I plugged in the USB cable from the C48. I'm curious how this came about. Is it possible the C48 has USB drivers that install into the...
  18. K

Chromebox. My Windows machine works just fine - and would expect the same from your MacBook Pro.
  19. K

I have used Windows for years, JRiver USB to C48 works great. Using a Chromebox now, and Chrome has McIntosh USB listed as the audio out, and it plays, but is choppy cutting in and out. No settings that I can find with buffering. Wondering if anyone else has this setup or something similar?
  20. K

Mc 252

+1. Really like mine. Simple. 3D face - curious where that goes in the future :scratch2:
  21. K

Understanding the McIntosh appeal

Agree with previous comments, and I also support local businesses living in between McIntosh and Audio Classics!
  22. K

Mc and Universal Remote

There are three main options. 1) DIY such as Logitech and some URC products. 2) URC, etc. Pro Stuff, or 3) IP control based (Roomie, etc.). All have Pros/Cons, might even use more than one. For example, I've researched and used products in all three, and we use #1 for basic control (kids...
  23. K

Stands for Mcintosh?

I purchased SANUS SYSTEMS EF-28B 28" Euro for my XR50s after some light research. Didn't mount them directly - just used some pads.
  24. K

Tangent - restaurant recommendations in Binghamton?

Moxie Grill in Conklin is good as well...down the road from McIntosh...:)
  25. K

C48 preamp owners

+1. Use the C48 in my home office all day too, with JRiver, MC2102, and XR50.
Back
Top Bottom