Search results

1. clh69

SX-1980 power supply problems

I have been running one of the original txturbo boards. It has never missed a beat. Great work.
  2. clh69

Spin Clean Roller fix

After cleaning several records with this new design, I have not noticed any leakage. But I do like the ceramic idea. No so sure about the Ali idea though, lol
  3. clh69

Spin Clean Roller fix

Get them on ebay
  4. clh69

Spin Clean Roller fix

Not sure about easier, but it for sure feels more stable, like the record does not move around any at all. That may be the grooved oring on the middle helping that as well.
  5. clh69

Spin Clean Roller fix

I got tired of fighting rollers popping out all the time. Stainless steel bearings.
  6. clh69

Thinking about a drop-in power amp board for KA-8300 and KA-9100 amps

Yes. Takes 2. I considered replacing both just to keep everything balanced, kinda worried about that. I can't tell any difference from left to right. I will probably just leave it that way, unless the price comes down on the modules. Kinda high$$. But the unit sounds fine.
  7. clh69

Thinking about a drop-in power amp board for KA-8300 and KA-9100 amps

I just installed one of these in my KA-8300. So far it is working great. Just wish I could find a meter now.
  8. clh69

KA-8300 Meter

Great information. I have been watching the auction site daily, hoping one will come up for sale. What a great amplifier. Most of my gear is Pioneer, but I am very impressed with this 8300. I have new lights for the meters arriving today. I may have to go this route, if nothing else comes up.
  9. clh69

KA-8300 Meter

I've been trying to bring this 8300 back to life. I finally got both channels working like they should, and all is well. Next problem is the left meter seems to be dead. I removed and checked with a meter, and it is checking completely open on my ohm meter. I dont see any hope for this...
  10. clh69

Trying to revive KA 8300

Great. Thanks for the information
  11. clh69

Trying to revive KA 8300

Today I verified Left channel, It seems to work great. All the tone controls and turnover switches work as they should. The volume control shaft is loose. I have not removed the face plate yet to investigate this. Both meter lights are missing as well as one of the light sockets. Neither meter...
  12. clh69

Trying to revive KA 8300

Was actually easier to de-solder pin 6 on the amp board. That did the trick. It came out of protection like it should. Have not hooked up any speakers yet or input source. I will for sure do that next to see if L channel functions like it should.
  13. clh69

Trying to revive KA 8300

I will disconnect pin 16 and see.
  14. clh69

Trying to revive KA 8300

-33 volts for sure.
  15. clh69

Trying to revive KA 8300

De1 has 14.06v Pin 6 showing -33.2
  16. clh69

Trying to revive KA 8300

but yes, I was referring to the TA-100W+ Looks like a good alternative to the (no longer produced Kenwood originals) I am very happy there are others like me who take this sport very seriously! I have 3 Pioneer units that all have unobtanium outputs. (referring to the xx80 series. Luckily all...
  17. clh69

Trying to revive KA 8300

I have not read any direct reviews of these, but I am aware of AK members new designs being produced. Been following STK-0050 since day one. I would like to hear from someone who has actually installed these retros, on a Kenwood though if there is any followers out there.
  18. clh69

Trying to revive KA 8300

Thanks DrumminDaddy I for sure have excessive DC on pin 16. Right channel problem if im reading correctly. Is this most likely the TA-100w power module? or can there be other bad transistors on that right channel board causing this? Is there an easy way to unhook this channel, to see if it...
  19. clh69

Trying to revive KA 8300

That is a very nice looking setup. Im loaded up on Pioneer gear. This is my only Kenwood. but I couldn't pass it up. I have the addiction i guess. lol
  20. clh69

Trying to revive KA 8300

Wow, thats great, I actually paid $50 for it, as a non working unit. Good to know it was not a total loss.
  21. clh69

Trying to revive KA 8300

I picked up a KA 8300 a few years ago for very little, and realized you could not get outputs for it. I recently found out these are now re-designed, and available . I was hoping someone can take a look at some readings, and help me understand where to start this project. When powered on, I...
  22. clh69

VMPS SuperTower IIa/R Advice Needed

Thanks for the info. I will do some testing tonight, and see if i can tell what my current tuning is..
  23. clh69

I will for sure look into that. Thanks for info.
  24. clh69

I read somewhere about using a tone generator through the system, and watching the vibration of the woofer, and when it stops vibrating, you have it tuned to that frequency. Anyone ever hear of that technique?
Back
Top Bottom