Search results

1. mwheelerk

Patricia Barber - Modern Cool

The song Winter from Modern Cool was playing on the local NPR channel one evening. It was the first time in 30+ years I called a radio station to find out the name of the artist. I went the next day to buy the album. It has remained a personal favorite since.
  2. mwheelerk

Greg Brown ~ The Poet Game

The Poet Game has grown on me so strongly over the years it now sits as a very favorite album
  3. mwheelerk

Ronnie Earl & The Broadcasters - "Still River"

Saw Ronnie play at The Rhythmn Room in Phoenix. Small crowded room. Had a table right in front and an open chair where Ronnie's wife joined us and Ronnie came down between sets.
  4. mwheelerk

Peter Bradley Adams

I have two Peter Bradley Adams albums and the one group effort by eastmountainsouth which are equaling excellent.
  5. mwheelerk

Interiors - Rosanne Cash

Interiors is my favorite Rosanne album
  6. mwheelerk

Cassandra Wilson - New Moon Daughter

New Moon Daughter, Belly Of The Sun and Traveling Miles all very strong albums from Cassandra
  7. mwheelerk

New Eric Burdon album

Today especialy we must listen to the song Invitation To The White House
  8. mwheelerk

Van Morrison - Inarticulate Speech of the Heart

It a very favorite album,of mine and I much preferred the original CD version to the HD tracks mastering.
  9. mwheelerk

Mobile Fidelity Sound Labs question.

I have maybe 300+ MoFi titles from the very first Gold CDs to the current SACDs and my overall level of satisfaction to the quality of the mastering is very high on the plus side.
  10. mwheelerk

Green Or Kirwan Or Welch Or Buckingham-Nicks?

Though I enjoy all periods of Fleetwood Mac save the very latest I'm a big Peter Green fan.
  11. mwheelerk

Alison Krauss - Windy City - First impression

I would agree it's a decent enough album but certainly not to the level of Forget About It
  12. mwheelerk

What are you using???

I use a Mac Mini either running iTunes with Audivrana or JRiver for Mac with (2) external HDD (one that is for my library files the other as back up) connected via FireWire and then a USB connection to my Bel Canto integrated amp/DAC.
  13. mwheelerk

Power Cord

Get the Shunyata and don't worry about the extra length.
  14. mwheelerk

Anyone recognize these speakers ? (7B's ?)

Karn I was just 'googling' for Karn speakers and came across this old thread. I think they are Karn speakers and as you said made in Gran Rapids, MI. his shop was on Fulton Street just down from the Believe In Music record shop I managed. I owned a pair and made a promo deal with him to run...
  15. mwheelerk

Need to print some LP inserts - can't find any place that can do the size!!

Most offset presses that could handle that size and duplex (two-sided) print have fairly substantial set up costs (scan the artwork, create printing 4 printing plates, depending on the press run the print through either 1, 2 or 4 times through the press, allow the prints to dry, then run the...
  16. mwheelerk

Experiences with Dynaudio Excite X12

Does anyone have any experience with the Dynaudio Excite X12 speakers? This is the smallest in the Excite series. I am looking at these as part of a desktop computer based system. I will be using the new Wadia 151 PowerDAC mini to drive them.
  17. mwheelerk

IPods and You

I am a big proponent of the Cambridge Audio DacMagic. Wadia also makes the 151 PowerDAC mini (integrated amp with DAC) and it is a physical match for the Wadia i170.
  18. mwheelerk

DAC talk

I would second the DacMagic as a truly excellent and affordable DAC that I believe would enhance most any CD player or other digital input except maybe the really top line players of today.
  19. mwheelerk

Sunday Tunes

Too Early I am up way too early this morning but still I am enjoying Keith Jarrett Koln Concert
  20. mwheelerk

What's a favorite lyric of yours?

Jackson I was one or two years and a couple of changes behind you" Fountain of Sorrow
  21. mwheelerk

What Was The Best Audio Deal You Ever Made?

Seemed Good It was several years back when I was moving beyond the power strip stage and looking for some power protection for my system. I had bought a Monster something or another for about $200. I had it about a month when one of the local shops was hosting an open hose and one of the...
  22. mwheelerk

Do you have friends that are interested in stereos?

Deuce I have two friends who through the many years have shared my passion for music and still do but neither is extensive into good audio equipment. One friend has had me recommend components of a modest budget range but I felt with good quality return and he is happy. The other friend is...
Back
Top Bottom