Search results

1. Chad Hauris

Hello from South Jersey!

Hey what do you say Miguel!
  2. Chad Hauris

1954 Chevrolet Points Replacement?

We actually figured out that it was a slotted nut holding the screw in and were able to get a pair of needlenose pliers in there held with a pair of vise-grips to loosen it enough to get the points off. Thanks for telling about the timing mark on the flywheel...could not see any marks on the...
  3. Chad Hauris

1954 Chevrolet Points Replacement?

We are working on a 1954 Chev. Bel Air with a 6-cylinder engine but can't figure out how the points come off of the contact screw which passes through the insulator at the side of the distributor. There is no nut or screw head at the stud on the end of the contact screw inside the distributor...
  4. Chad Hauris

Happy Birthday to AK Mod Chad Hauris!

Thank you!
  5. Chad Hauris

Fan speed vs. current draw/wattage

Sometimes, particularly in older fans, an autotransformer with different taps is used to vary the voltage going into the fan motor to achieve different speeds.
  6. Chad Hauris

How old is this bus?

That cowl style was used definitely beginning in 1979 up until 1989 or so. The International logo is missing but if it had the Navistar diamond next to International then it would be from 1987-1989. It doesn't necessarily have a DT466 (although it very well might)...the International...
  7. Chad Hauris

Can anyone ID this Hammond Please?

Yes this is an M3, you can tell by the percussion controls at the left of the lower keyboard. The earlier models M2 and M look identical from the outside but do not have percussion. Some of the M3's also have reverb amps in them.
  8. Chad Hauris

Fun with cars - what happened to me last night...

I'm sorry but I don't think what they replaced was the real cause of the problem (except the valve cover gaskets). These problems are usually on the "primary" side of the ignition system, like the distributor pick-up coil or crankshaft position sensor or ignition module. On my 1989 Dodge Van...
  9. Chad Hauris

1963 RCA MX-7 stereo receiver repair video

I just finished replacing all the electrolytic caps on this RCA unit. It really is working pretty well now. Was kind of a challenge to replace those caps as there is not much room provided under the chassis. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySMNApwp520
  10. Chad Hauris

78 RPM fidelity?

Mid-late 50's 78's seem to sound the best to me...the last 78's RCA made have a color picture of Nipper on the label and are the best sounding of all the 78's I've heard. One factor I think in poor 78 sound quality is the heavy tonearms and often-dull steel needles used to play them, which wore...
  11. Chad Hauris

Hell o and RCA 177 Project

This is not a hot chassis amp. There is a power transformer for isolation. There is probably not enough amplification here to run directly off of a cd player line output and produce much loudness, there is only a phase inverter stage in this amp before the outputs...likely the previous owner was...
  12. Chad Hauris

Why are 45's always almost trashed?

It only takes one play with somewhat excessive stylus pressure to destroy a polystyrene 45 so it will have permanent noise! The ones which appear "worn" are almost always polystyrene. They will also feel more brittle and thicker than vinyl 45's. Usually late 40's and 1950's 45's are vinyl...
  13. Chad Hauris

A good new production 2A3? (Shuguang 2A3C)

We had to get some new 2A3's for a Seeburg amp after a speaker unexpectedly fell from a shelf by itself onto the amp and destroyed some of the original tubes! We got some Electro-harmonix 2A3 gold tubes and found that they are somewhat more sensitive to circuit conditions. One of the EH tubes...
  14. Chad Hauris

7591 Alternative

Yes, thank goodness for the new 6973's...they have all worked great in Wurlitzer amps. There were some Sylvania and other brand 6973's which used the shorter envelope in the original days of 6973 production so I don't think the fact that the Electro-harmonix ones are shorter than RCA's were is...
  15. Chad Hauris

CD Jukeboxes

"NSM" would be the brand...A lot of jukebox operators are switching over to downloading machines with the music stored on hard drive so the CD machines are becoming obsolete in commercial use.
  16. Chad Hauris

Dodge van brake problem

Thanks, I will try that...I have the wrench and the bleeder bottle kit from when I replaced the rear brake shoes when I first got the van.
  17. Chad Hauris

Dodge van brake problem

I have a 1989 Dodge 1 ton van which has sat unused for about 6 months...I finally got around to replacing the smog pump that had seized, charged the battery and repaired the door latch today so it is ready to renew its inspection. It is running fine but there are almost no brakes! Pedal goes to...
  18. Chad Hauris

Ford FMX transmission problem fixed

Just wanted to share a simple fix I found to what I thought would be a huge problem. On my 1978 Grand Marquis w/FMX transmission, it was not shifting out of 1st gear. It would manually shift from 1st to 2nd if the gear lever was moved from D to 2. It would only then shift to 3rd if accelerated...
  19. Chad Hauris

Tractor Information Anyone?

If you are mowing anything other than "lawn" type grass I think you will need a full sized tractor/brush hog mower and not a lawn and garden tractor or commercial lawn mower. The bearings on the mower deck, etc. on a lawn tractor will not stand up to weeds and brush (this I know from...
  20. Chad Hauris

Questions about 98 Grand Wagoneer, anyone who knows anything about carbs may know.

What is the oil pressure like? Low pressure may be indicative of bearing wear.
  21. Chad Hauris

Happy Birthday Chad Hauris!

Thanks belatedly for the good wishes!
  22. Chad Hauris

Questions about 98 Grand Wagoneer, anyone who knows anything about carbs may know.

How long was the engine left to warm up and what was the outside temperature during the engine cut-out at 40-50 MPH? On my 78 Grand Marquis, if it is not allowed to warm up long enough in cold weather it can act like it is starving for fuel at those speeds...once it warms up thoroughly it is...
  23. Chad Hauris

ITT Tube Tuner, SMX-100A

We had a Rauland tube type tuner with a very modern-looking appearance when I was in high school in the PA system...rest of the system I think was solid state but tuner was tube, with the bar type tuning eye. The tuner was never turned off...I'm sure it's probably still on right now. Was not...
  24. Chad Hauris

Marantz CDR-500 cd recorder problem

I decided to try to finalize the disc again and the display then said "CD" rather than "CD-R" and lo and behold, I took it to a regular CD player and it played fine. I guess I know now to make sure the display says "CD" after running the finalize process. Not sure what went wrong on the first...
  25. Chad Hauris

Marantz CDR-500 cd recorder problem

We needed a recording device to record the services at church and I got a second-hand Marantz Professional CDR-500 Cd recorder. It appears to record properly but the disc cannot be read by conventional CD players. The recorded disc will play back fine on both trays of the Marantz unit. I have...
Back
Top Bottom