Search results

1. S

MC 2105 - Input Sound Distorting

I would never run one of these without a proper preamp. You should get one, period. Preferable a Mc!
  2. S

MC302 power off thump?

Yes, I have experienced this on my 2 Mc Amps and amps I have had in the past. Best practice, as I recall, to avoid any possible speaker damage, is to reduce or zero out your preamp volume before shutting down the system.
  3. S

McIntosh needs to improve their customer service!

I think writing to Chuck H. is your best bet. If you seek to publicize your issue, this forum is one way to do it, but it won't solve your problem with Mc service.
  4. S

McIntosh lab. 2018. Lots of pics!

Wow, almost as good as a private factory tour. Even CR's house? Hope he gave permission for all that as it is pretty unusual access to a company's premises. With all the hand work, one also gets a sense of why Mc's cost more. You can only get what you pay for.
  5. S

BEWARE...Counterfeit Glass Panels from Taiwan on fleabay

Looks like no McIntosh logo which is how they got around a trademark infringement situation, but counterfeit is counterfeit even if not in the true legal sense and maybe the lack of logo doesn't matter legally as a design/trade dress is being copied.
  6. S

MA252 hum

Having 3 prong and 2 prong (AC plugs) gear on the same circuit can sometimes do that. Try plugging in somewhere on another circuit from your other gear. Cause can also be light dimmers, certain motors, florescent lamps, etc. Best to look externally before assuming it is an internal issue...
  7. S

MC2105 Low Output on Right Channel

I am coming in late here, but I assume you switched leads from the preamp, running the right output to the left channel of the amp, right? You also removed the cables from preamp to amp and simply swapped them out against each other right? Finally, you tried another source into your preamp...
  8. S

Huge McIntosh Auction

I am skeptical this is one collector. Why all the glass parts for example? I also think unless you buy at a scrap price (chassis cost essentially), you are taking a chance, but I am basically a pretty conservative type.
  9. S

Huge McIntosh Auction

So what is the likely source of this stuff. Some of it almost has to be from Mc's own inventory or that of a large distributor,
  10. S

Huge McIntosh Auction

So what is the likely source of this stuff. Some of it almost has to be from Mc's own inventory or that of a large distributor.
  11. S

MSXXX Primer

If you go into the settings, somewhere you will see which OS version you have. Latest and last was 2.0.7.1. To get an MS complete 2.0.7.1 install disc, maybe Mc Customer Service can help, but if you have a working unit. doubt you will gain much from whatever OS version you are running. Really...
  12. S

Sticky Remote Problem Fixed In Replacement Remotes From McIntosh

Helpful and interesting! To get the new remote, did you have to send in the old one (core return)? $60 seems t be a lot lest than one would expect. My MS750 and MS300 remotes are really gooey, so this would be of interest.
  13. S

MSXXX Primer

I have derived a lot of helpful tips and advice from members of this forum, in particular regarding the challenge of keeping these units going. And possibly more has been written on this topic than many others combined! Now many have sold their units, but some still retain them and get value...
  14. S

The "other" gear. An MC2505 back to life.

I think that was my first Mc Amp. Bought new in 1969 with a C26. Where did you source the LED's if I may ask and did you install new gels and meter LED's also? My MC202 needs bulbs again and I sure would like to go LED, but want to do the job once and once only.
  15. S

MX-113 hum after warm up

Did anything at all change in your system? New source added, new power strip or plug in locations change? Something new plugged in to the same circuit your system is using? If anything at all changed, have a look at that first. Yes or no, start unplugging sources one at a time and see if the...
  16. S

Mx-151 / mx-136

I do this. More for video. 4 channel Cable card tuner into an HTPC for live and recorded shows using Windows Media Center, 2 TB hard drive to store up to 176 hours of HD programming, out to the 151 via HDMI. Some HDMI handshake issues at first, but now mostly solved or worked around.
  17. S

What's wrong with this 7300?

Your "event" was a blessing in disguise. I have learned that if a bulb or two are out, best to replace all othwerwise you will be chasing more dead bulbs every other year. Glad all seems to have worked out. I am 45 years owning Mc amps, from MC 2505 to MC202 and many in between. Other than...
  18. S

Importing a Mac from Canada

That should not have happened in my opinion. It is nothing but returned US merchandise and normally not dutiable. Whoever did the customs entry maybe forgot to note the country of origin as US. Sales tax in your state perhaps, but not duty.
  19. S

How old were you when you got your first McIntosh?

25, but that was in 1970! Owned 3-4 pieces continuously ever since. Took a set of them to Europe and ran them off transformers....never an issue, even with 50 Hz current.
  20. S

McIntosh Preamp/Tuner + amp or Integrated amp with separate tuner?

The tuner/preamp combo carries a risk that the tuner fails or needs bulbs/alignment, you are without music. I always went with separates, always Mc.....and have done so since 1970. Once Internet Radio came, I moved away from FM, but still follow the principle that I don't let a source take my...
  21. S

Strange MS300 Problem

Probably a long shot, but be sure the font panel is clean, free of finger smudges especially over the infrared lens area. My MS 300 has not done that for what it is worth. Probably best that Ron-C or Chuck H. weigh in before you try a re-boot or anything more radical than the cleaning.
  22. S

Lights on a MC7270

For a unit of that vintage, you are better off changing all the bulbs in it. That way you will be good for a while. If you just do a couple, another 1-2 will fail and you will have to go in again. This kind of "one stop shopping" was what I did and now I am good for a while. Did an MC7150 and...
  23. S

Gold Colored End Pieces interchangeable?

Would if I could 'cause you a right. But this is a wall system where the two amps have to fit stacked or throw everything all off. Current stack is 7150 over 7104, soon it will be 202 over 7104 and there's the rub, but thanks for your suggestion anyway. It may be possible to take a couple of...
  24. S

Well.........nothing is quite as simple as it seems right? Turns out the swap works but what you wind up with is a wider front panel!!!! Yes, in moving to the wider end caps, Mc had to shrink the glass width to land at 17-1/2" width again. So....if you take an older unit and put the wide...
  25. S

My gosh I am an idiot. I just realized I could try the test myself as I have the MX119 end caps (new style) and the same height one generation older style here on my MC7104. Helps to be at home (was in office when I started the thread.) So I just got out the screwdriver, removed one of the...
Back
Top Bottom