Search results

1. B

TPA 3116 vs the tripaths

Have any of you guys that have heard the 325x and Volt+D also heard the Folsom amp(s)? I have the TI 3255 amp which is great for my desktop system but the Folsom (especially the newest one) sounds like it might punch quite a bit higher. Any thoughts or experiences?
  2. B

Open Baffle Epiphany!

@Poultrygeist have you tried your Radioshack tweeters firing upwards as described here https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=161633.0 ?
  3. B

Open Baffle Epiphany!

After some more research I’m very tempted to go with the GR Research OB subs for the bottom end. A lot more expensive than a15s but I’d be set for bass and wouldn’t have the need to add a sub or two later. Plus it sounds like the bass from those OB servo subs is otherworldly. I have some...
  4. B

Open Baffle Epiphany!

Thanks, from what I’ve read it seems like it’d be a good combo but hadn’t found any actual accounts. How much does spacing/offset matter (assuming an active crossover). I’ve built a couple pairs of speakers and some components from kits and am happy to dive into a project but don’t really have...
  5. B

Open Baffle Epiphany!

Hi all, not sure if I should start a new thread but thought I’d check here first. Thinking of putting together a pair of OBs and wanted to see what everyone thinks of trying dual alpha a15s with a pair of Zenith 49CZxxx on a flat panel. If I love em I would maybe upgrade the a15s to the Pure...
  6. B

TPA 3116 vs the tripaths

Any reason to pick up the FX pre if I already have the Sainsmart? Certainly a more tidy package out of the box...
  7. B

TPA 3116 vs the tripaths

Last night hooked up a TPA3255 (TI version)/Sainsmart pre/Topping D30 to my newly finished Continuum IIs and hooooooboy it sounds ridiculously good. This is my first of these type of amp (first diy speakers as well) and I cannot believe this setup was like $500... Now just need to find some...
  8. B

TPA 3116 vs the tripaths

Nice. I also just received the TPA3255 from TI (the 50% off code is still good btw for those considering buying one), a Jeff Bagby Continuum II kit, and have a Sain Smart preamp and Meanwell PS on the way. Will be used with a Topping D30. Looking forward to getting it all together; I’m...
  9. B

TPA 3116 vs the tripaths

Thanks. I have a feeling I might end up having to add a sub. It will be a desktop system and I think I’ll be fine at my computer but the room is ~15x25 and I’m sure the bass will be pretty lean if I’m listening while doing other stuff in the room.
  10. B

TPA 3116 vs the tripaths

I have zero experience with these little chip amps and am looking to set up a system in my studio/shop...I realize there might not be direct experience but at least in theory would the FX Audio FX502SPRO with something like the KEF Q100 be a good match?
  11. B

How good really are the phono stages in the Scott integrateds?

Thanks for all the info. As I presumed, sounds like if I have a decent external phono stage available it’s not necessarily worth choosing a Scott (vs Eico, Sherwood, etc) for the phono stage.
  12. B

How good really are the phono stages in the Scott integrateds?

Has anyone compared external phono pre’s to the internal phono stage in the 222/299/etc? There is tons of mentions that they have great phono stage but I can’t really find anything comparing them to a modern external stage. I’m having a hard time judging if they are great compared to other...
  13. B

Tekton Owners Thread

I did, thanks a bunch for the help.
  14. B

Tekton Owners Thread

What kind of tunes do you typically listen to? I tried calling Eric last week to get some insight on the Lore vs Uruz but didn't hear back. Maybe you can give me some insight into why you went with the Uruz? I'm using a 12w tube amp currently (Kingko ka-101) but also incedently have a P300...
  15. B

Looking at a Few Tube Amps

Exchange rate at the time ended up being ~$775 shipped. Packaging was excellent. I have an RCA 5UG4, Amperex 12au7, and set of Gold Lion EL84s on the way to try out.
  16. B

I've had the KingKo for a week or so in a quite suboptimal setup in my shop while painting our house, but initial impressions are outstanding. I've been using the new Rega Brio for a few months and the KingKo completely annihilates it right out of the box in every way. Much fuller sound...
  17. B

Well after a few emails with King I just pulled the trigger on the KA-101. I'm 4 hours from any audio store so auditioning isn't really an option anyway and sounds like the Kingko punches far above its price and is pretty much exactly what I've been looking for (EL84 or EL34, under ~$1200, a...
  18. B

I've been looking for a used 211ia but man, this sounds like it's worth checking out. Obviously support down the road is a little concerning without any stateside distribution but sounds like the value for performance might make it worth taking a chance. How would you say the sound compares to...
  19. B

switching Rega Brio from 220v to 120v?

Having a hard time finding any info online but it looks like it might be possible just by swapping the fuse? Any ideas or experience? Thanks.
Back
Top Bottom